: Low Coolant/Check Coolant Message

Rick SRX
08-29-05, 09:17 AM
Hey everyone. I recently purchased a 2004 SRX V8 AWD which I love. Yesterday a Low Coolant message came up on the DIC. However, I checked the surge reservoir and it was full. Is there another coolant reservoir I should be checking? Any thoughts on what the issue is with the warning message?

Great vehicle overall, and a ton of fun in spirited driving. Thanks for your input.

Smokin' SRX
08-29-05, 01:05 PM
Hey everyone. I recently purchased a 2004 SRX V8 AWD which I love. Yesterday a Low Coolant message came up on the DIC. However, I checked the surge reservoir and it was full. Is there another coolant reservoir I should be checking? Any thoughts on what the issue is with the warning message?

Great vehicle overall, and a ton of fun in spirited driving. Thanks for your input.

Hi! I have same Suv! Last month with 13,000 miles I got same message, when cold and upon a brisk/normal take-off. I cleared it and it comes back almost 3 times a week now. I'm still awiting my dealers call-back. He's checking it for me. Stay tuned!!

Smokin' SRX
08-29-05, 01:33 PM
OK....Dealer called back! said to add 2-4 cups of water to resevoir and see what happens! i think at least 2-3 will fit. If it doesn't work he said sensor is bad and to bring it in.

I questioned why this was needed and he said we had a brutlly hot summer in the northeast and slight weeping/evaporation was normal with that mileage!

Will try it today!

Rick SRX
08-30-05, 12:51 PM
Thanks. My dealer found a loose hose under the resevoir tank and thinks this might take care of it. Time will tell.