: Quick note to all regarding fellow V owner

Florian
08-28-05, 05:09 PM
Hey all,

Just a reminder that Katrina is bearing down on N. Orleans and Louisiana. I have sent an email to Joe (aka Z06CTSV) who lives down in Metarie and is about to get a lashing from the hurricane. This is what I wrote him:
"As Katrina bears down on you, we are thinking about you and your safety. If there are any supplies you need sent down from the North, let me know. I am more than happy to send a truck full of food, lumber, whatever it takes to get you up and runnin again."
So for all us up North, Joe, we wish you well.

That is all. Thoughts and prayers from Cleveland

Florian

wildwhl
08-28-05, 05:44 PM
:grouphug:

urbanski
08-28-05, 09:10 PM
I lived in biloxi, MS, for 6 years, from 93-99. We took a direct hit from Georges in 97, took the roof off my house, but he was a weak Cat 3.

Katrina will destroy the entire gulf coast, and my heart goes out to everyone there.
Good luck. God bless. That's all i can say.

Flyboy
08-28-05, 09:19 PM
AMEN!!!!! If any of you are "believers"......like me......say a prayer for New Orleans.....they will need it tomorrow......

Nice thread...BTW.

Florian
08-28-05, 09:30 PM
Right on....Im not a bible guy, but Joe did right by me in the past and Im all about the payback/kismet/karma. Whatever he needs, hes gonna get.

F

Flyboy
08-28-05, 10:00 PM
Florian......Kool!!!!:thumbsup:

04CTSVFLA
08-28-05, 10:33 PM
I bought a CTS-V 3 days ago at Sewell Cadillac in New Orleans its gonna get ****ed up!!! Im so worried something is going to happen to my car. Im also worried about anyone who is no evacuating. I was in Hurrican Andrew in Florida about a decade ago, that was pretty bad, I hear this ones worse.

CVP33
08-28-05, 10:41 PM
I went through several hurricanes in FL (13 years) and one in VA. The worst I've ever seen was a category 3. My prayers are with all of those folks as a category 5 with 175+mph winds is beyond my comprehension.

04CTSVFLA
08-28-05, 10:45 PM
oh i forgot to mention the reason im scared is cause I havent picked it up yet, its supposed to be transported to gainesville wednesday. Is it under Sewell Cadillacs Insurance if I havent recieved it yet but have already sent the check????? This is un****ing believable with this timing of me buying my V and it happens to be in New Orleans and theres a Category 5 Katrina Craziness heading right for it.

Sandyfoot-V
08-28-05, 11:05 PM
I was in the eye of Hurricane Charley last year as it rolled through Punta Gorda (daylight calm and all). Total devastation from this CAT 4 storm. Dumbfounding, awful experience. We still havenít recovered. My stomach hurts from contemplating the plight of those in the New Orleans area. Godspeed.

v-Power
08-29-05, 01:19 AM
Hey at least in the V you will be able to outrun the damn thing. Seriously good luck to all down south.
God Speed to all,

heavymetals
08-29-05, 01:25 AM
Anybody want to post a link for a donation to a relief fund?

luvmyVluvmyV
08-29-05, 07:07 AM
Florian, you're a good person. Let us know if he needs some help; I'm sure with the number of people we have on here, we can be of great assistance. He will need it.
(my parents lost their home to a flood when I was nine. we didn't have flood insurance. had it not been for the help of friends, my parents would have gone bankrupt.)

luvmyVluvmyV
08-29-05, 07:10 AM
oh i forgot to mention the reason im scared is cause I havent picked it up yet, its supposed to be transported to gainesville wednesday. Is it under Sewell Cadillacs Insurance if I havent recieved it yet but have already sent the check????? This is un****ing believable with this timing of me buying my V and it happens to be in New Orleans and theres a Category 5 Katrina Craziness heading right for it.

Hey 04CTSVFLA, I posted some info in our forum about who assumes the risk in a situation like yours. You should be protected. Check it out, the thread is called "major problems if you haven't picked up the car you bought." It's private sellers you need to be cautious about.
Good luck. I'm sure your beauty will be fine.

V-seriesTech
08-29-05, 08:22 AM
Man I feel soo bad for everyone in that area. Let me know if there is something I can do.