: xm question

Lisa8192
08-28-05, 03:42 PM
I have the xm radio in my new '05 v6 srx. Should the radio display the artist name and song title? My doesn't and I can't figure out what's wrong?? Thanks!

gman89
08-28-05, 09:52 PM
It does display title and artist, but you have to set up one of the function keys to bring up this display.

miked
08-28-05, 10:03 PM
With the NAV, the way ours works (05 SRX) is that when you switch stations, it'll show the artist and title for a few seconds, and then go back to station name. When a new song starts on a given station (w/o switching stations), it *usually* (but not always) thows the artist/title for a few seconds, and again goes back to station name.

Lisa8192
08-29-05, 08:08 AM
It does display title and artist, but you have to set up one of the function keys to bring up this display.

Can you tell me how to do this? I've looked everywhere! I've also read the entire manual, and it's not there! Thanks so much1

edharson
08-29-05, 11:57 AM
If you have the Nav system press the INFO button on the bottom left hand side of the touch screen.

Lisa8192
08-29-05, 03:22 PM
I don't have the nav system. Maybe that's why it isn't displaying the artist and song??

keeton
08-29-05, 11:54 PM
If you don't have the Nav system, then you must set one of your display keys (there are four of them) that flank your DIC display. The "setup" function will allow you to program these keys. Select the icon with the clock face and a big letter "i" and assign it to a key. The procedure is described in detail in chapter 3 of your owner's manual.

Once programmed, you can hit this key and the title/artist/music category will display for a few seconds. Unfortunately, there is no way to have the title display permanent as there is in some other GM vehicles.