: Engine & transmission removal/coolent problems

sandown01
11-21-03, 10:35 AM
Is it possible to remove the engine and transmission as one unit on a 1989 seville with 4.5L V8 and 4 speed transmission, or do i have to remove them separately?
has anyone had problems with coolent loss arround the exhaust manifold/cylinder head area is it a common problem and is there an inexpensive fix?
I hope that someone can help.

elwesso
11-21-03, 03:56 PM
First concern: Yes, its actually EASIER to remove the engine/tranny as a unit.....

Second: Sounds like a head gasket..... VERY NOT CHEAP!! Unless you'll DIY it, as its all labor..... Minus like $30 for the gasket......

Welcome to the baord.... Thanks for signing up :wave:

catbert
11-21-03, 10:36 PM
Is it possible to remove the engine and transmission as one unit on a 1989 seville with 4.5L V8 and 4 speed transmission, or do i have to remove them separately?
has anyone had problems with coolent loss arround the exhaust manifold/cylinder head area is it a common problem and is there an inexpensive fix?
I hope that someone can help.

REALLLY fixing the leak will be either really expensive or really difficult as mentioned above. :crying: Try a bottle of liquid solder before you yank the motor....what do you have to lose? :sneaky:

elwesso
11-21-03, 10:39 PM
Because simply fixing the leak wont actually fix the problem.... The head gasket has to be REALLY bad in order for it to outwardly leak!!!