: looking for some input

JJhomer83
11-21-03, 09:54 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2443822358&category=38634

what do you guys think of this. good deal, bad deal, guy said he could make one up for any car unless they are universal???
logically speaking it should work.
thanks guys/girls

catbert
11-21-03, 10:20 PM
An airfilter with a decent surface area & not trapped in a box will flow more air, hot air is bad, so there is a good chance that this set-up will provide a horsepower gain. Whether that gain is enough to be noticeable is the real question. The claims are logical, but only the dyno will prove the claim. Even if it's good for 8 -10 hp, you may not know it in the real world.

My experience is that it takes 20 HP to really get a seat of the pants kick of any kind.

The thing will probably result in some intake roar, and that's a kick in itself. :worship:

elwesso
11-21-03, 10:56 PM
Metal intakes are the most WORTHLESS thing ever!!! Sure, they may flow more air, but after 10 mins those puppies heat up and you will lose power!!! Regardless of where you put the filter..... I dont care if its right in front of the grille outside the car..... They look cool, and thats about all their worth!!!

There was a member here that removed the resonator thing on the intake, and it makes for some great growl if thats what you want.......!

You must always think about things before you do them..... Look at the stock setup, and then think about WHY the MFG set it up the way they did......

c5 rv
11-22-03, 06:43 AM
Looks cool, but that's about the best thing I can say about it. Cool air comes from someplace outside the engine compartment, regardless of their heat shield. Look at where the stock systems, Volant, K&N FIPK, etc. draw their intake air. Also, they don't show the size of the air intake. It's all well and good that they have 3" tube out of the filter, but how large is the hole that lets the air into the filter? I'd look at other units.