: Spark Plugs

jsjag
08-26-05, 08:41 PM
While waiting for my new Magnecor plug cables I would like to change the plugs. I've read the TSB about plugs, arcing and carbon tracing. In that TSB they say to use a spark plug that has a price of $10 each plug.

Which plug has shown good response for a 4.6 N* engine?

Ranger
08-26-05, 09:10 PM
A/C Delco 41-950's

davesdeville
08-29-05, 06:02 AM
Now, using AC Delco wires I can see, electrical interferance or whatever, but do we honestly have to stick to delco plugs too?

Kev
08-29-05, 06:06 AM
According to our former N* expert the AC-Delco Dual Platinums (41-950 just as Ranger said) are the plug of choice. I've priced them at my local Napa store for $6.35 each.

mcowden
08-29-05, 11:18 AM
Now, using AC Delco wires I can see, electrical interferance or whatever, but do we honestly have to stick to delco plugs too?

You don't HAVE to do anything. Use whatever plugs you want. They will work work fine, at least for a while, assuming they are gapped correctly and in the right heat range. The 41-950's were designed for, tested with, and validated on the Northstar engine, so you can be reasonably sure they will work well for many miles. Anything else was probably not tested, so there are more unknown factors. We know for sure that the Delcos have been known to last well over 100k miles, but we don't know what results you might get with anything else. Those kinds of factors are why I think the Delcos are cheap insurance. You might get lucky and get the same thing from a set of Champions or NGKs or Autolites, the big thing is just that you don't know what you're going to get.