: Parts lookup by GM part #?? is it possible?

bigmutt
08-26-05, 12:43 PM
Hello:
I have a bill from cadillac dealer listing the parts they replaced, and would like more info on these specific individual parts.

For example, they charged $204.50 for a part called "manifold" and gives a part number (12581822). This was during a lower engine gasket replacement that cost over two grand.
It lists parts like (2) Seals; gasket; (okay, I can understand those); pipe asmbly; baffle; manifold; plug; etc.

Dealer is not helpful, so I dread going in there AGAIN to ask questions about this job. Can't talk to mechanic who actually did the work; only a couple of "slick" service advisors who seem to know nothing mechanical.

I thought sure there must be a place on the internet where part numbers can be looked up and a further description shown.

thanks.

jjbuckley
08-26-05, 01:25 PM
Try going to www.gmpartsdirect.com and inputting the numbers, it will give you the description and their cost.

John

Goodyr
08-26-05, 01:34 PM
I just bought a parts list with the part numbers off of ebay for my 94 sls. You can go to www.gmpartsdirect.com/ (http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/) and put the part number in. The one part you mentioned is:
GM PART # 12581822
CATEGORY: All
PACK QTY: 1CORE CHARGE: $0.00
GM LIST: $118.54
OUR PRICE: $67.58DESCRIPTION: MANIFOLD

Hope this helps.

eldorado1
08-26-05, 02:20 PM
I'm going to guess the "manifold" is the 1/4" aluminum oil manifold. It has a seal that does go bad...