: The winter is a comin!

italiantnt
08-26-05, 01:20 PM
I have A question regarding the SRX in the snow, how is it?.....2nd i have the oem michellin tires on my car, mxmx4h... do you think i need snow tires, or are these good in the snow?.....thank you!

sgilbert
08-26-05, 02:40 PM
2 questions for you: Is your SRX 2 wheel or all wheel drive?; Where are you located?

I have the V8, AWD, and stock 18" tires here in the snow belt of Northern Indiana and have not had a problem at all.

IMHO, Unless you get into quite heavy snows, and if you have AWD, you should be just fine.

Lark
09-14-05, 01:46 PM
In reading this past thread, I am wondering how the SRX 05 will do in the snow - I live in MA, this SRX is NOT AWD. Do you suggest snow tires?

Smokin' SRX
09-16-05, 07:21 PM
In reading this past thread, I am wondering how the SRX 05 will do in the snow - I live in MA, this SRX is NOT AWD. Do you suggest snow tires?

Definitely get snow tires! I believe you have traction control(?) on the rear wheel drive but, it's a heavy car with lots of weight up front! In ME , I wouldn't think twice about it! M AWD was fantastic in the snow. But 12" is my guess at the limit!! (on level ground!)

DVC-Don
09-17-05, 12:15 PM
We've been through 1 and a half winters so far with the wifes SRX AWD. It does very well in the snow/slush/sleet with the OEM tires. I was talking with our sales guy this summer and he said his dealership (largest in the NY Capital District) has sold only one 2WD SRX and that was an executive car that got shipped to them.