Cadillac Owners Forum banner

'14 leaking from cylinder head.

3K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  Cadillac Customer Service 
#1 ·
My uncle said he saw some orange fluid drips on the garage floor under his '14 Escalade with 7,700 miles. It looks to me like it's the head gasket on the right front? Anyone seen this problem? He will soon be calling the dealer to get it looked at.

See less See more
#8 ·
Better check the cylinder head for flatness too, my wife purchased a new grand Cherokee with a hemi last year, the first two days I saw a little coolant on the floor in the garage but assumed it was just slightly overfilled expansion tank, see took it back and they replaced the cylinder head gasket, three days later the coolant on the garage floor reappeared, it turned out it was the cylinder head was machined poorly and not flat, needless to say we did not want the GC after that, so the dealership gave her the full price and she got a 2013 srt8 grand Cherokee, this year we traded that for a 2014 srt8 grand Cherokee they now have 8 speed transmissions.

#9 ·
Hi caddydaddy,

I understand how that would be concerning for both you and your uncle. You said he would be contacting a dealership soon, if he would like any assistance you can PM me his info or he can email me at socialmedia@gm.com with “Attention: Austin” in the subject line. Please keep the forum informed how everything goes.

Have a great night,

Austin J.
Cadillac Customer Care

#12 ·
Got it back from the dealer today. They said the head gasket was leaking, so they replaced it along with new head bolts and new engine oil. The oil was changed last week, so I'm sure the oil change was just a precaution because of the coolant leak.
Hopefully this all fixed the problem!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.