Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Escalade - Air ride messed up - Does Major Guard cover??

2K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  Cadillac Customer Service 
#1 ·
My 2010 Escalade Luxury has been riding really rough. It's at the service department getting diagnosed. My guess is the air ride is messed up. Does anyone know or if there is a GM contact reviewing this, will my Major Guard warranty cover the parts/repairs? Help, please. Thanks

#2 ·
Hi bobbyjack,

I am sorry to hear that you are dealing with a rough ride in your Escalade, but it is good that you have it at a service department. In order to determine the coverage under GMPP I would have to contact the dealership to see what their diagnosis is. If you can PM me your VIN, mileage, dealership, contact information, I can look in to your concerns.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Austin J.
Cadillac Customer Care

#5 ·
Same thing happened to me under major guard, dealer said that the compressor is fine but one of the rear shocks has failed. I was quoted over $600 to replace one shock. Who replaces just one shock with a truck having 75,000 miles? I wasn't"t going to give the dealer $1,200+ to replace them both so I ordered the Arnott air shock kit, I think it was around $400 with shipping for both air shocks

#9 ·
Austin J, w/ Cadillac Custom Care, thanks for your reply. I posted a problem here around a year ago. It was a concern I had while pulling my camping trailer. I'm sure there's the ability to review it via archive here. I now wonder if the shocks leaking then had contributed to that issue. It would have been covered under the bumper to bumper.

#10 ·
You’re welcome, bobbyjack. I would be more than happy to research this previous concern, but in order for me to document anything within our system I would require the additional information I previously requested. If you can PM me your VIN, mileage, dealership, and contact information, I can get started on this process.

Have a great night,

Austin J.
Cadillac Customer Care

#12 ·
Austin, I just talked to GMPP , there's nothing they can do to help. As stated earlier, shocks are not covered & that is the problem. Please don't misunderstand, it's my fault for not pursuing the problem then. My luck that I could not have had it diagnosed here last July as it would have been under B2B. Thanks to all here who helped & your time. Regards,

BobbyJack

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.