: ** Cheaper Beer Prices! **

Spyder
08-23-05, 04:07 PM
Little spin off from the cheaper gas prices thread on here...thought I'd repost it so everyone can see my brilliance!!

There is one hundred and sixty 12 oz. beers in a keg. Kegs of bud or bud light or any other cheap beer are $80 here in my town. I almost always buy and drink good beer, but for arguments sake, we'll use bud light. figure twelve bucks for an 18 pack, if you find it on a regular sale at Food 4 Less or something...thats 8.9 18 packs at $12 a pop, which comes out to $107 before tax and CRV. Plus, you have to store the empties and carry them out to the trash and such...a keg of bud light will run you eighty bucks, there is no CRV and tax is obviously less, which is $27 cheaper, or two twelve packs free per keg. Not only are you saving money, but tap beer just tastes better! Using a microbrew that costs $8 a six pack, that's 26.7 six packs of beer at, say, $8 a piece, plus tax and CRV. $213.6 later, you've got the same amount of beer that you'd have had if you would have bought the $140 keg from the microbrew, be it Samuel Adams (which is no longer considered a microbrew), Sierra Nevada, or your local favourite. Northern California is AWESOME for microbrews, there are dozens and dozens of them within easy reach.

I just realized that many of you may not know what CRV is...California Redemption Value...couple of cents per container that they tack on to try and make you recycle your recyclables. I don't know if other states do the same or something similar, but it does not apply to kegs, and it does add up if you drink a lot of bottles or cans of anything, beer, milk, juice, soda, whisky or whatever else you prefer.

If you use a full size fridge, it gives you all kinds of extra freezer space as well, so you can store meat when its on good sales, or if you go hunting or fishing you can store it there as well, along with your premium vodkas and your Jaegermeister and your pint glasses. Me, I buy dark beers often, or microbrews of various types. They run about $120-150 a keg, but a six pack of a good microbrew can cost you 8 or 9 bucks a piece, sometimes even more. That's even better savings in the long run. Then again, there's a distributor who makes his own special blend of pale ale, called Another Beer and Wine Co., out of Oroville, CA, which is the BEST pale ale that you will EVER try...and 8-9% to boot, and he delivers to my house any tuesday I call him, and only charges me $80 a keg. That's like two kegs of bud light for the price of one (by alcohol content alone), and it tastes far far better than bud light, and its brought to my doorstep. Helluva deal! I guess its not really half as much, but it will cut your per-beer cost down. You'll spend more on beer, most likely, since it'll be on tap and you'll have frozen pint glasses in the freezer at all times, but your per-beer price will definately improve. And, if you want, you can buy 1/6 barrels (5.5 gallons) instead of 1/2 barrels (15.5 gallons) and run two of them, with two taps, so you can have a choice, and it won't take up any more space. I'd recommend it to anyone. If ya'll need directions or advice on how to build it or where to buy the parts, get ahold of me and I can send you in the right direction. http://cadillacforums.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif

addison_ii
08-23-05, 04:42 PM
Instructions please!!! Addison_II's B*tchin Brew is on the way!! 25% alc per 12 oz by weight. Steel Reserve and Camo XXXXXL look out.

davesdeville
08-23-05, 05:52 PM
Kegs are in fact awesome. $5 cover on a decent sized kegger can actually net some money.

Spyder
08-23-05, 06:48 PM
yes, yes it can...but then you have to clean up after all the *******s who throw cigarette butts in your yard... (my personal pet peeve...) I don't mind muddy floors and open doors and even the occassional broken glass or whatnot, but when I get up at 7 am the next morning to clean up, and find a half hours worth of butts on the ground, I get pissed...that's why only close friends are even allowed on my property anymore :)