: *Navigation Freezing Up On Me...

radbag
08-23-05, 01:54 PM
...anybody else having this problem...will bring it in to the dealership for a look see...when the disclaimer comes up and i hit agree, the map comes up and it kinda stays there even though the vehicle is in motion...i can't even input a destination...

as i look further into it, i notice that the section of the map that i am using is blank so i think it might be a dvd issue (scratched, nicked....)

anyone else have this experience? how did it get resolved? was it as easy as replacing the dvd??? thanks

radbag
08-29-05, 01:40 PM
saw the dealer this weekend...says i am the 3rd guy this month with this problem...the dvd rom player may not be reading the disk although it reads movies perfectly fine...will update in a couple of weeks when i have to drop my car off...

not pissed yet... i know i'm at the mercy of the court...

Smokin' SRX
08-29-05, 02:02 PM
try a borrowed disc!! Don't change unit yet!!

radbag
09-27-05, 05:24 PM
the disc wasn't responding fyi and they determined the disc to be scratched/defective...my dealer tried lifting a disc from a showroom srx but that disc wasn't compatible...they ordered one and called me within a week to come pick it up...

as a sidebar - wife has been having problems turning the car over...twice she was stranded as the car seemed to have electrical issues...twice she called cadillac roadside assistance and twice she had to leave the car overnight at the dealership (supplied with a loaner), this happening in a 6 week time-frame. all seems well now, they not only addressed the electrical issue but the dealership changed oil and did their first service free of charge...

i'm back to being happy again...more importantly, so is my wife (primary user) -- not once did i get real upset, nor did she...it's just a huge, inconvenience...oh well - i'd be lying if i told you i was worry free.:hide:

miked
09-27-05, 08:41 PM
odd that a disc from another srx would be incompatible . . . there's been no change in the nav system from 2004 through 2006. versions 3,4, and 5 should work on all srx's.

Dripps
10-09-05, 12:43 PM
Having same problem now. I went in to dealer complaining that sometimes when I enter address for directions that the system just takes me back to input screen after about minute....no directions. So they said I needed to upgrade DVD--was update to software. They ordered the update and this completely froze up before info loaded -- said software was wrong. After they "fixed" this and now update was installed I've had the problems you mentioned. The Nav system was trying to read DVD even when engine was OFF. The maps were often only showing on 1/2 the screen, the GPS would be stuck on one spot, then advance at whim. No SEARCH AREA shows up when you try to input for directions...and pression on address simply does nothing...you can't put in address. They decided I needed whole new Nav System and replaced it...I made them check to make sure they could input address for directions...said it worked fine. I picked up the car and DAMN---it's exactly the same---if not worse! I am so mad at going back and forth and the problem is now worse, not better! Oh yeah...also the code I used to be able to enter to play DVD's in front while driving no longers works. I forgot I read on these forums that new models couldn't do it and now I've lost this ability too. I think it's the only way I can tell the update was actually installed.

04foshow
10-09-05, 07:41 PM
my escalade did the same thing. they replaced the nav on my 04 with the new navs from the 06.