: PCV Valve Elbow?

fltdriver
04-12-14, 06:01 PM
Why can't I find a PCV valve Elbow for my 99 eldorado anywhere? The only thing that comes up is a T connector. Any ideas as to where to find one and/or why no parts places seem to have the elbow.

Submariner409
04-12-14, 06:13 PM
Look on the Help! racks at large parts stores and jury-rig a same size connector - that PCV dirty airflow is a calibrated vacuum bleed.

Nothing wrong with a PCV T connector with a cap on one leg. Same Help! rack.

fltdriver
04-12-14, 07:13 PM
Thanks.

fltdriver
04-14-14, 10:27 AM
Contrary to the threads I found on here the replacement hose from the dealer (includes both elbows) was really cheap. Only cost me 9.21 after tax, which was cheaper than what it was going to cost to rig up a generic elbow from the parts store.

Submariner409
04-14-14, 10:55 AM
Curious - you posted that you couldn't find the parts "anywhere" - I guess your search did not initially include a Cadillac dealer parts counter......... so alternatives were suggested. Glad you got the real thing.

Next time, call Chris in Parts at Rippy Cadillac, over there >>> He discounts to members and ships nationwide.

fltdriver
04-14-14, 11:09 AM
It was the weekend and the local dealers don't have the parts dept working, Rippy was my next go to. I just needed something to limp the car through the weekend. Ended up taking the broken elbow, RTVing it back together then wrapping it with Gorilla Tape. I try my hardest not to use the dealer in town, bought a car from them in 06 and they acted like it was such a hassle to do the repairs that the salesman promised me (and wrote down) after the last one was done I was told "not to expect them to do anything else" for me and was a little salty about their attitude. You always seem to be able to at least point me in the right direction.