: Bentley revivies Azure name for new flagship convertible

Rauf
08-22-05, 05:15 PM
Pebble Beach, 21st August 2005. Bentley Motors today announced that the glamorous four-seater convertible show car unveiled at the Los Angeles Auto Show in January 2005 will carry the evocative Azure name. The new Bentley Azure goes on sale in Spring 2006.

The new Bentley Azure is an elegant four-seater convertible that provides a powerful and refined open-top driving experience while offering a unique blend of classic Bentley design and craftsmanship. The new Azure is the latest in a long line of much-admired Bentley convertibles, its design inspired by the 1955 Park Ward S1 Drophead Coupe and the original Azure introduced in 1995. Like its iconic predecessor, the new Azure becomes the flagship of the Bentley model range, reaffirming the company's status as the prime provider of four-seater convertibles at the very pinnacle of the market.

Customer reaction to the Los Angeles show car, unveiled with the project name of Arnage Drophead Coupe, demonstrated the overwhelming demand for a top of the range Bentley convertible.

"We have been inundated with demand for a new Azure virtually from the moment the original model ceased production," says Adrian Hallmark, member of the board, sales and marketing. "The exclusivity, style, luxury and performance of the new Bentley convertible flagship evoke the Riviera lifestyle like no other, fully justifying the revival of the Azure name."

Further details, including final technical specification, market availability and pricing, will be released in due course.

mccombie_5
08-22-05, 05:19 PM
Great news for fellow Bentley lovers, eh Ralph?

This would be it
http://www.wrc-wallpaper.de/wall/Cars/Bentley%20Arnage%20Drophead%20Coupe%202005%201.jpg

Ralph
08-22-05, 05:23 PM
Great news for fellow Bentley lovers, eh Ralph?

This would be it
http://www.wrc-wallpaper.de/wall/Cars/Bentley%20Arnage%20Drophead%20Coupe%202005%201.jpg

The Continental GT is my ultimate dream car. 6 month wait for one though!! If it's good enough for Paris Hilton, it's good enough for me. :highfive:

Rauf
08-22-05, 05:58 PM
It's great!!!

Playdrv4me
08-22-05, 06:19 PM
The Continental GT is my ultimate dream car. 6 month wait for one though!! If it's good enough for Paris Hilton, it's good enough for me. :highfive:

Man her wheels got hit with the UGLY stick! Ive never seen those wheels before but they are nasty.

Ralph
08-22-05, 06:22 PM
Man her wheels got hit with the UGLY stick! Ive never seen those wheels before but they are nasty.

I think they must be just the basic standard rims. I could also see Paris getting her instant pick on one even though there is a 6 month wait because Bently motors would likely LOVE the attention it would get in the media with her behind the wheel. I also found a pic on the net of her going through a McDonalds drive through in that car and the employee snapped a pic of her.

mccombie_5
08-22-05, 06:24 PM
I think they must be just the basic standard rims. I could also see Paris getting her instant pick on one even though there is a 6 month wait because Bently motors would likely LOVE the attention it would get in the media with her behind the wheel. I also found a pic on the net of her going through a McDonalds drive through in that car and the employee snapped a pic of her.

I walked through a McDonalds drive through once :) My Range Rover didnt fit under the bar. It bemused the staff to see me saunter up to window one and then down to the next one

Playdrv4me
08-22-05, 06:24 PM

Yes there are some *interesting* picaroos of her and cars floating around, particularly getting into and out of them... :eek:

Ralph
08-22-05, 06:26 PM
Yes there are some *interesting* picaroos of her and cars floating around, particularly getting into and out of them... :eek:

I've got that one of her getting out of the car, you know which one I mean....the one with a bunch of popcans, etc. in the back seat. That made a nice desktop for a while. :highfive:

Ralph
08-22-05, 06:27 PM
I walked through a McDonalds drive through once :) My Range Rover didnt fit under the bar. It bemused the staff to see me saunter up to window one and then down to the next one

LOL, that's funny! you should have pretended to steer and shift the air, I'm sure the police would be interested to talk to you... :sneaky:

mccombie_5
08-22-05, 06:31 PM
LOL, that's funny! you should have pretended to steer and shift the air, I'm sure the police would be interested to talk to you... :sneaky:

CM: Big Mac please
ASSISTANT: Ummmm wheres your car?
CM: Its that big black thing over there
AS: Oh, just, um walk to window 3
AS2: Wheres your car?
CM: the big black thing over there
AS2: Oh, enjoy your meal sir.

You should have seen the bemused looks on their faces! :highfive:

Playdrv4me
08-22-05, 06:42 PM
I've got that one of her getting out of the car, you know which one I mean....the one with a bunch of popcans, etc. in the back seat. That made a nice desktop for a while. :highfive:

Youll need to send me that as I cant quite remember at this very moment :sneaky:

Ralph
08-22-05, 08:25 PM
Youll need to send me that as I cant quite remember at this very moment :sneaky:

If I still have it, will send. :highfive:

edit: I sent you the censored one as I couldn't find the un-censored one yet.

Ralph
08-23-05, 12:34 AM

Actually in these pics they look ok?

http://www.canadiandriver.com/articles/tw/05continental_gt.htm

Playdrv4me
08-23-05, 12:43 AM
Hmm true they do look much better there. I did get the pic by the way, thats the one I remember!

Ralph
08-23-05, 12:57 AM
Hmm true they do look much better there. I did get the pic by the way, thats the one I remember!

I found this one too...

Ralph
08-25-05, 05:36 AM
http://www.autointell-news.com/News-2005/August-2005/A-2005-4/A-24-05-p1.htm