: **Cheaper Gas Prices**

northjerseynick
08-22-05, 04:34 PM
Seriously Guys, I dont go for chain letters, but this idea really sounds like a good one....

Nick
__________________________________________________ ______

Please read it and join with us!

By now you're probably thinking gasoline priced at about $1.50 is super
cheap. Me too! It is currently $2.75 for regular unleaded in my town.

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think
that the cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at $1.50-$1.75,

We need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control

The marketplace.... not the sellers. With the price of gasoline going up
more each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are going
to see the price of gas come down is if we hit someone in the pocketbook by
not purchasing their gas!

And we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves.

How? Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying gas. But we
CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act together to force a price
war.

Here's the idea:

For the rest of this year, DON"T purchase ANY gasoline from the two biggest
companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL. If they are not selling any
gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their
prices, the other companies will have to follow suit.

But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of Exxon and
Mobil gas buyers. It's really simple to do!! Now, don't wimp out on me at
this point... keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach
millions of people!!

I am sending this note to about thirty people. If each of you send it to at
least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)... and those 300 send it to at least ten more
(300 x 10 = 3,000) ... and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth
generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers!

If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten Friends each,
then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level
further, you guessed it..... THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!

Again, all you have to do is send this to 10 people and DON'T purchase ANY
gasoline from EXXON and MOBIL. That's all. How long would all that take? If
each of us sends this email out to ten more people within one day of
receipt, all 300 MILLION people

could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!!! I'll bet you didn't
think you and I had that much potential, did you! Acting together we can
make a difference. If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on.

PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $1.30 RANGE AND KEEP
THEM DOWN. THIS CAN REALLY WORK

***PLEASE TELL EVERYONE WHO DRIVES***

Playdrv4me
08-22-05, 05:37 PM
Seems like it would work in Theory, but Ive seen it before and nothing has ever come of it.

airbalancer
08-22-05, 08:17 PM
This was out a year ago, and the price has gone high; so no more letters :histeric:

Boombotz
08-22-05, 11:03 PM
All that is, Is another oil company tring to get you to purchase more of there gas.

If that hapened the corporate executives will just lay off the working class people of the company to keep there profit margins at the levels they need, and will create a ripple affect to our economy. Now maybe someone who lost his job can't afford to pay for the services you or your company provides and maybe your company need's to cut cost. Ever think of that.

All I am saying is I believe it is not that easy.

The gas prices are high. and are affected my spending habits as well, but when you think about how much you pay for a gallon of milk (3.49) or a 16 oz. of Starbucks coffee (4.00) is the gas prices really high or are we not thinking about the prices of other things we buy. I am trying to say we spend more money on more foolish things then driving 15 miles down the road on a gallon of gas.

Boombotz
08-23-05, 09:45 AM
http://www.gasbuddy.com/ This web site will help you locate the cheapest gas prices in the area.

RBraczyk
08-23-05, 11:16 AM
You dont' go through milk or coffee like you go through gas son.

EcSTSatic
08-23-05, 01:01 PM
Oh, this boycot? (http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/petition/gasout.htm)
Your intentions are noble but your effort is futile.

northjerseynick
08-23-05, 01:40 PM
I dunno.....it sounded like a good idea at the time, what are we supposed to do......Just watch our gas top 5.00 per gallon, Its already a dollar more then last year......Thats on avg $20 more everytime you fill up...

I'm just pissed..... it costs over $60 to fill an STS Seville, ....Its not the money its the principal and it takes every ounce of my being not to strangle the gasoline attendant, I know it aint his fault, but someone needs to be made an example of....

Even if your a millionaire youve got to be a moron to not give a shit about the price of gas.......The money could be put towards other sources of enjoyment.

turbojimmy
08-23-05, 01:50 PM
Even if your a millionaire youve got to be a moron to not give a shit about the price of gas.......The money could be put towards other sources of enjoyment.

Plus the ripple effects are scary. Costs for mass transit increase. Trucking and shipping costs. Manufacturing costs. Prices starts to rise. The increase in gas prices is already increasing inflation, meanwhile you have Greenspan trying to keep inflation in check by raising interest rates. As a consumer you're getting doinked from every angle. Now the Natural Gas people say they have to raise rates because high oil rates increase demand for natural gas. Riiiiiiiiight. Like people are ripping their heating plants out left and right. Last winter my natural gas bills were 50% higher than they were the year before. Everyone wants in on the rob-the-consumer game.

Jim

Spyder
08-23-05, 02:22 PM
You dont' go through milk or coffee like you go through gas son.

If I drank starbucks coffee, I sure as hell would... :) I brew my own and spend little on it...fuel price doesn't bother me much...it sucks, I spend money on it, but that's a six or a twelve pack less of beer a week...oh well, life goes on. That's why I built a kegerator for myself...cut my beer bill in HALF!

Spyder
08-23-05, 02:24 PM
Build your own company and charge whatcha want! I want someone elses product, I'm going to have to pay for it...Things aren't free...Sure as hell wish they were, but it ain't so. If everyone could pay what they wanted to pay instead of what the sellers wanted them to, we'd all drive cadillacs...

RBraczyk
08-23-05, 03:42 PM
If I drank starbucks coffee, I sure as hell would... :) I brew my own and spend little on it...fuel price doesn't bother me much...it sucks, I spend money on it, but that's a six or a twelve pack less of beer a week...oh well, life goes on. That's why I built a kegerator for myself...cut my beer bill in HALF!

Awesomesauce. I'm gonna make one when I move out.

turbojimmy
08-23-05, 03:59 PM
Awesomesauce. I'm gonna make one when I move out.

I've toyed with the idea myself but I've never done the math. Is beer really half as much by the keg than in cans or bottles? If so I know what my next project is going to be.....

Jim

Spyder
08-23-05, 04:57 PM
There is one hundred and sixty 12 oz. beers in a keg. Kegs of bud or bud light or any other cheap beer are $80 here in my town. I almost always buy and drink good beer, but for arguments sake, we'll use bud light. figure twelve bucks for an 18 pack, if you find it on a regular sale at Food 4 Less or something...thats 8.9 18 packs at $12 a pop, which comes out to $107 before tax and CRV. Plus, you have to store the empties and carry them out to the trash and such...a keg of bud light will run you eighty bucks, which is $27 cheaper, or two twelve packs free per keg. Not only are you saving money, but tap beer just tastes better! If you use a full size fridge, it gives you all kinds of extra freezer space as well, so you can store meat when its on good sales, or if you go hunting or fishing you can store it there as well. Me, I buy dark beers often, or microbrews of various types. They run about $120-150 a keg, but a six pack of a good microbrew can cost you 8 or 9 bucks a piece. That's even better savings in the long run. Then again, there's a distributor who makes his own special blend of pale ale, called Another Beer and Wine Co., out of Oroville, CA, which is the BEST pale ale that you will EVER try...and 8-9% to boot, and he delivers to my house any tuesday I call him, and only charges me $80 a keg. That's like two kegs of bud light for the price of one (by alcohol content alone), and it tastes far far better than bud light, and its brought to my doorstep. Helluva deal! I guess its not really half as much, but it will cut your per-beer cost down. You'll spend more on beer, most likely, since it'll be on tap and you'll have frozen pint glasses in the freezer at all times, but your per-beer price will definately improve. And, if you want, you can buy 1/6 barrels (5.5 gallons) instead of 1/2 barrels (15.5 gallons) and run two of them, with two taps, so you can have a choice, and it won't take up any more space. I'd recommend it to anyone. If ya'll need directions or advice on how to build it or where to buy the parts, get ahold of me and I can send you in the right direction. :)