: Well it looks like the 740 is mine... but the story aint over yet...

Playdrv4me
08-20-05, 06:42 PM
Im going to go ahead with it, but the truth is I cant afford to keep the car for very long with the short term I got on it. The thing is, I got the car so damn cheap I plan to turn it within a few months and meanwhile search out the 1998 Mark VIII LSC CE that I was so mad about losing. This time I want to be ready as soon as one shows up.

So not that anyone really cared, but I believe the 740 is it for all intents and purposes right now, for now.

We'll see how else I can :stirpot: in the coming weeks.

Ralph
08-20-05, 06:44 PM
As long as you don't take a hit on it when selling it. Do you think you will make money off it, or lose money?

mccombie_5
08-20-05, 06:48 PM
Well good luck with it all Ian, and i think you will makeon the 740

Playdrv4me
08-20-05, 06:54 PM
Ya Ill make money on this one. Alot of times Im willin to lose some when I just have an itch for something new, but Im getting this one so favorably I would be an idiot to take any less than 2500.00 more than what I got it for. Its a very low mileage one and has a 6yr 100k warranty still from BMW, PLUS it has every factory option.

Stoneage_Caddy
08-20-05, 07:33 PM
Ya Ill make money on this one. Alot of times Im willin to lose some when I just have an itch for something new, but Im getting this one so favorably I would be an idiot to take any less than 2500.00 more than what I got it for. Its a very low mileage one and has a 6yr 100k warranty still from BMW, PLUS it has every factory option.
for some reason just based on the title ...i thought you ment this:
http://www.volvolandia.com/kuva-arkisto/Volvo740-6.jpg

mccombie_5
08-20-05, 07:42 PM

Haha yeah when i was reading in one of Ians other threads i thought hang on, i owned a 740 in 1988! Why the hell does he want one of those

Maybe it should be changed to 740i

Also Volvo and BMW have crossed a few times
they both sold 740s, 760s and 850s

Playdrv4me
08-20-05, 07:44 PM

LOL! Did you see they got one of those for 1 pound on Top Gear this past week? It was a great show.

mccombie_5
08-20-05, 07:46 PM
LOL! Did you see they got one of those for 1 pound on Top Gear this past week? It was a great show.

Wow that was aired here last year!

Sme delay

I saw that episode, isnt that about 60cents there?

Playdrv4me
08-20-05, 08:00 PM
Wow that was aired here last year!

Sme delay

I saw that episode, isnt that about 60cents there?

Yea whats funny is it seems our version of the show is tailored specifically for us. Jeremy actually will come on after the segment and have a special part where hell say "We actually aired that a year ago and now we have one final question to answer". So they do a little fill in piece to bring it current.

mccombie_5
08-20-05, 08:01 PM
Yea whats funny is it seems our version of the show is tailored specifically for us. Jeremy actually will come on after the segment and have a special part where hell say "We actually aired that a year ago and now we have one final question to answer". So they do a little fill in piece to bring it current.

Thats clever

Stoneage_Caddy
08-20-05, 08:08 PM
youd think they would use Fed Ex and get the tape here overnight.......or even digitally

but a year ? whats it being sent on , the mayflower?

J/K

mccombie_5
08-20-05, 08:09 PM
youd think they would use Fed Ex and get the tape here overnight.......or even digitally

but a year ? whats it being sent on , the mayflower?

J/K

A skateboard :yup:

Ralph
08-20-05, 08:14 PM

Definately go for it! you got to do what's good 4U. :yup:

powerglide
08-23-05, 04:42 PM
Booooooooo!!!
Just kidding :-)
......congrats on your new acquisition!

davesdeville
08-23-05, 05:53 PM
So you almost got a Mark VIII LSC but someone bought it out from under you or...? Mark VIII's are cool. Congratulations on getting the BMW, you're like Fraisier now.

mccombie_5
08-23-05, 05:56 PM
I thought it was the Volvo :p

Playdrv4me
08-23-05, 06:21 PM
So you almost got a Mark VIII LSC but someone bought it out from under you or...? Mark VIII's are cool. Congratulations on getting the BMW, you're like Fraisier now.

Yes, I had no chance literally. The car was in Houston and the frieken Infiniti dealer would not do holds regardless of how much money I was offering to put down. It was a collectors edition but as soon as someone else found out they bought it. It lasted all of two days.