: Creaking center console!?

Quadrasteer
08-20-05, 01:06 PM
We have a loud creak coming from the center console and no one can find the problem. Everytime we take to the dealer the sound seems to go away. If you grab the console and rock it back and forth you can make the sound. It seems that weather it's hot or cold inside the car determines how loud the sound is. Anyone else have this problem?

gjnockie
08-21-05, 08:47 PM
Check the shifter... a lot of them creak, it's not the console!

We have a loud creak coming from the center console and no one can find the problem. Everytime we take to the dealer the sound seems to go away. If you grab the console and rock it back and forth you can make the sound. It seems that weather it's hot or cold inside the car determines how loud the sound is. Anyone else have this problem?

Highrez
08-22-05, 11:01 PM
I am familiar with your problem my console exhibits the same situation on occasion. Do you have the DVD player at the rear of the console? I find that is where my creak comes from around the hinge area of the flipup screen. Also when I lift the lid on my console I also get a low level creak, welcome to the world of plastics. I have not decided if I am going to keep this vehicle I really want to, overall I think it is great (leased 05) but if I do keep it I intend to go through it myself and do some minor debugging.