: TBI Problems HELP!!!

sizanjdf
08-19-05, 08:09 PM
I have an 88 chevy pickup with a TBI 350. Basicly the same as the 90-92s with TBIs. Ive replaced everything I can think of and it still runs like crap. It takes several seconds of cranking it to start. When it does finally start it doesnt Idle normal...It revs up and down between 200-1000 rpm. When you try to accelerate it bogs terribly and wont hardly pull itself. Ive replaced the intake manifold gaskets, nearly every electronic part I can find, O2 sensor, throttle body rebuild, fuel pump, rebuilt the distributor, what else can I do. Im lost.

ocjmakaveli
08-19-05, 08:28 PM
I have an 88 chevy pickup with a TBI 350. Basicly the same as the 90-92s with TBIs. Ive replaced everything I can think of and it still runs like crap. It takes several seconds of cranking it to start. When it does finally start it doesnt Idle normal...It revs up and down between 200-1000 rpm. When you try to accelerate it bogs terribly and wont hardly pull itself. Ive replaced the intake manifold gaskets, nearly every electronic part I can find, O2 sensor, throttle body rebuild, fuel pump, rebuilt the distributor, what else can I do. Im lost.

first of all stop spending money and take it to the dealer for a check-up at most you'll spend $100 but htey have the manuals and equipment to check out all the sensors to see whats wrong without replacing the parts.

second of all its almost impossible to correctly diagnose online because we can't hear or see the engine we can just guess but there could be at least 20 different things wrong and youll end up spending lots of money needlessly so best thing would be have it checked out at the dealer and fix it yourself.

let us know what you find out

I know its hard but sometimes only the dealer knows how to fix their cars.