: Srx V-8's Damn Quick See Ya In My Mirror

BrettM
08-17-05, 11:55 PM
I have yet to see any other cars, beamers, lexus, volvos (turbo), the porsche wagon, jaguars, wrx, mercedes, keep up with my SRX. This car screams, and is fast, fast, fast. At 6,019gvw and approx 4400 to 4500 pounds, it is quicker than cars that weigh 1000 pounds less. I have a corvette, and while it is faster, it is not faster by much THIS IS NOT YOUR DADDYS CADDY. I especially love blowing away all those little "souped up" four cylinder hondas, mazdas, toyotas, and the like that are supposed to be "quick" rice burners. Yeah right. Last week, I came up to the light with one of those supercharged lightning ford pick ups, it was not even a contest. That guy was pissed, and wanted to run two more times at different lights. He did not give up, but he did not win either. I out ran him by A LOT. It was not even close. The week before that, I ran a 454 ss chevy pick up, that was modified from the factory "specs", While it looked pretty good at the light, it looked better after the light changed, and it was in my rear view mirror. People who don't know SRX's, have no idea how fast they are. By the way, the best thing you can do for these engines, is NOT baby them. They run much better, and will be more dependable, when they are ran hard, and wide open at times. Bring it on. This car ROCKS.

Addition; top end some of these other cars probably would have beat the SRX, or in the 1/4 mile, we were mostly going from 0- to maybe 50 to 60 . Yes it was a lighning, and yes, he did not have good traction as he was mostly smoking the tires and not going any where. I don't think to many SRX owners have really discovered how fast the SRX's are.

john d
08-18-05, 02:11 AM
I'm nnnnnnnvvvvvvv-us

BrettM
08-18-05, 02:32 AM
?????

gottawonder
08-18-05, 08:36 AM
Yeah, and you can tell people about it all day, but until they go for a ride it sounds like just another story... I was explaining the advanced suspension and AWD to my father-in-law, but until I jumped on it coming out of a curve it hadn't all sunk in.

GW

c5 rv
08-18-05, 08:38 AM
6000 lbs? Curb weight for an '05 SRX V8 AWD is listed at 4442 by Cadillac. Still pretty heavy for a station wagon, though.

louisn
08-18-05, 09:41 AM
Gross vehicle weight is over 6000 lbs which includes more than just the vehicle's weight and includes the potential passenger weight among other things. The GVW is on the window sticker. Used to have tax substantial consequences which have now been reduced.

Devil_concours
08-18-05, 09:48 AM
i'm not sure if you even ran a real lightning. Lightning would have had you with all those torque down low. As for modified hondas, there are plenty, some fast enough to run with vipers on a roll so don't look down on them just because they have a honda. As for ricers, eat them alive.

BANK
08-18-05, 01:47 PM
Ricers, I saw one the other day, I think it was faster than my old Camero which did 12:80s at 115mph.

I purchased a RWD SRX, I believe it is about 200 lbs. lighter than the AWD. (4250 lbs. curb weight?) I do not consider the SRX quick, but it has good passing power fron 55 to 100 MPH, seats four in comfort, looks good when I pick up clients and the wife looks good in it.

inline6
08-18-05, 02:35 PM
Most Lightnings run 13s or faster in the quarter. I have never seen a test on a SRX that ran that quick. From stop light to stop light you might get a "win" due to traction. Depending on the type of RICE, they can run anywhere from the 18's down to the 10's and be totally street legal. If you are going to play, make sure you keep your wallet in your pocket.....

BrettM
08-18-05, 04:37 PM
yes he was spinning his tires pretty good and it was for sure a lightning

BrettM
08-18-05, 04:38 PM
nice looking caddy nice wheels too

Playdrv4me
08-18-05, 04:48 PM
yes he was spinning his tires pretty good and it was for sure a lightning

Doubtful, a Lightning would eat an SRX for breakfast. If it WAS a lightning, the guy was either A. Drunk, or B. an idiot driver who was just showing off.

bunyz06rabbitt
10-17-05, 06:25 AM
Thanks BrettM, now that is what I was looking for. After having trained under top national and international race car drivers I can see where an SRX could possibly beat a Lightning with the way I witness drivers out on the road all day long. You'd be surprised at how poorly people drive and or just plain don't know how to drive their own vehicles using the squeeze the throttle technique or picking up speed when exiting a corner. My other vehicles include an '02 Corvette Z06, '03 Hemi QC and finally an '01 Ford Focus Wagon SE. The main reason I joined this forum was to gain insight from the chatter regarding this Caddilac product. I must say though, that I am hesitant to go forward with trading up the Focus because of rather serious issues regarding the Ultraview and rattling interior peices. The model year 2006 seems to be a good starting point from a used or secondary market take off. The current wagon is used as a primary service vehicle in my handyman business. It is somewhat underpowered as you can imagine and I could use an upgrade at this time. Thank you for this relishing information anyway. :thumbsup: