: Reduced Sills Confirmed

b4z
08-17-05, 06:31 PM
I just saw in the SRX order guide that the 2006 will
have reduced sills.

YAY!

c5 rv
08-17-05, 08:56 PM
Yeah, yeah. We need to see pics - or an actual '06 SRX. They should be coming soon. Per a Lansing State Journal article, the SRX, STS, & CTS stock is low enough (39 days for SRX) that GM is scheduling Saturday overtime for the Lansing Grand River assembly plant.

gottawonder
08-18-05, 08:33 AM
I'll admit, before picking mine up, i couldn't imagine the sills being THAT big a deal... now I've been trying to get out and clear 'em... "I get it now." Somehow I don't think I'll get to trade mine in just yet, however.

GW

b4z
08-18-05, 05:54 PM
SRX production didn'tstart until 2 weeks ago.

c5 rv
08-19-05, 10:49 PM
I saw the new sills in person today and I'm not very impressed with the design. Cadillac made the body-colored part of the door sill narrower and to make up the distance, they added a big wedge of plastic to the bottom of the door. The plastic wedge is part of the lower door cladding that starts on the outside and wraps under the door to form the wedge.

Once they found a salesman for me to talk to (who knows where they were, it wasn't like they were busy) we spent another 15 minutes riding around in a golf cart trying to find keys for the SRXs that were already allocated for the rental fleet.

Sorry, I didn't have my camera with me. I happened to notice on the dealer website (Capitol Cadillac, Lansing) that they had at least one SRX in their inventory. I called to verify, and stopped by on the way home from work.

syrob@MSN.COM
08-20-05, 07:39 AM
How about the rest of the car ?

SYROB

c5 rv
08-20-05, 09:11 AM
Unfortunately, I only had a few minutes with the car once a salesman showed up and we found the keys. The unit I saw was a base 6 cylinder unit, white with gray interior. It was pretty spartan. It didn't even have a cargo management system. The power rear lift was cool, that was the main thing other than the door sills the salesman pointed out. The wheels were also new. They didn't have any V8s in stock, but he did confirm that the ultraview is now an option, rather than standard, in the V8 models.

For now, I've decided to keep my CTS and Denali. I picked up a CTS-V exhaust for my 3.6 CTS last night and will have it installed in a couple weeks. I'm also thinking of getting a project vette over the winter, and the Denali pickup will definitely come in handy during that effort.

b4z
08-21-05, 11:04 PM
Only about 80 SRXs have been built in the last 3 weeks.
I guess they are learning how to build the car with the new sills.

I never liked the cargo management system, took too much height out of the cargoarea.