: Coupe de Ville return!

RSXtacy
08-17-05, 04:38 PM
With the return of the GTO and all these retro styled cars on the market its been 12 yrs since we have seen a Deville in a coupe....
Why cant Cadillac bring back the deville in a coupe form? My mother currently owns a 93, we love it! I think it would be hot to make a coupe version of the 06 DTS with a performance engine! My mom needs a big car for her wheelchair to fit behind the rear seat, a 4 door will not do because the door opening is not big enough. She and i would love to see something like this made. Besides the eldo is gone for awhile so this would fit a niche for cadillac coupe lovers.

mccombie_5
08-17-05, 07:31 PM
With the return of the GTO and all these retro styled cars on the market its been 12 yrs since we have seen a Deville in a coupe....
Why cant Cadillac bring back the deville in a coupe form? My mother currently owns a 93, we love it! I think it would be hot to make a coupe version of the 06 DTS with a performance engine! My mom needs a big car for her wheelchair to fit behind the rear seat, a 4 door will not do because the door opening is not big enough. She and i would love to see something like this made. Besides the eldo is gone for awhile so this would fit a niche for cadillac coupe lovers.

I would like to see the return of both the Coupe deville AND the Eldo. I would buy one of them if they returned, so long as they were as stylish as the sedan

Rolex
08-17-05, 09:25 PM
make a coupe version of the 06 DTS with a performance engine!

Holy cow....a DTS V! http://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/icon_smile_tongue.gifhttp://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/icon_smile_tongue.gif Brilliant!:bulb:

90Brougham350
08-17-05, 09:58 PM
A DTS-V Coupe or a ULS, that would be a very tough choice!

BRian

Night Wolf
08-18-05, 03:10 AM
hard for Cadillac to bring back the Coupe DeVille, when they just killed the DeVille ;)

Honeslty, it will not happen... it never will, the only 2 door cars you'll see are gonna be cars like the XLR.

for that reason I haver, and will forever keep my 1993 Coupe DeVille in Slate Bronze Metallic... 1 of 119 made :)

caddydaddy
08-19-05, 12:43 PM
Coupes don't sell (unless they're sports cars)! That's why there won't be another CDV or Eldorado :(

mccombie_5
08-19-05, 01:27 PM
Coupes don't sell (unless they're sports cars)! That's why there won't be another CDV or Eldorado :(

A shame, i would gladly give up the SUV trend in favour of a coupe trend.

Pete Benson
08-19-05, 06:48 PM
I also wish for the return of the Coupe deVille, although I expect it'll never happen. My folks had a bunch of them during the sixties, seventies, and eighties - all of them white - and one reason I'm so crazy about my white Fleetwood Coupe is because it reminds me so much of all those great CdV's and the good times I had with them when I was growing up, and even into adulthood whenever I would visit them.

mccombie_5
08-19-05, 07:46 PM
ALSO, if the coupe is dead, why do BMW and Mercedes Benz sell so many of them?

caddydaddy
08-20-05, 12:14 PM
A shame, i would gladly give up the SUV trend in favour of a coupe trend.

If gas prices go much higher, your going to see SUVs selling for pennies like Cadillacs and muscle cars during the early 70's gas crunch! And then, who knows, coupes may come back! :hmm:

One can only hope!

DeVillish
08-20-05, 01:16 PM
I would love to see a coupe that doesnt cost 70+. A DTC (Deville Touring Coupe)if you will. DTC-V, using the GTO platform, maybe streched, engine from the STS-V with a 6 speed....oh yeah!

mccombie_5
08-20-05, 03:03 PM
If gas prices go much higher, your going to see SUVs selling for pennies like Cadillacs and muscle cars during the early 70's gas crunch! And then, who knows, coupes may come back! :hmm:

One can only hope!

There seems to be some demand for coupes remaining, otherwise BMW wouldnt have two in their range, the 3 series and 6 series cars are selling well, also the MB CLK and CL models sell good too.

caddydaddy
08-25-05, 07:56 AM
Those MB and BMW's are sporty coupes. If Cadillac made a CTS coupe, I'm sure it would sell well!

mccombie_5
08-25-05, 02:42 PM
Those MB and BMW's are sporty coupes. If Cadillac made a CTS coupe, I'm sure it would sell well!

The Volvo C70 did very well also i believe

I think a CTS-V coupe would go down well :bouncy:

OffThaHorseCEO
09-02-05, 05:19 PM
hey you guys, heres a "dtc" i photoshopped, i woulda done a black one but i couldnt find a good high res image also, sorry for the size 56k users, but quality suffers at lower sizes
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/Offthahorseceo/photoshop/2doordts.jpg
what do you guys think?

LaneWvr
09-03-05, 11:57 PM
That looks good, but can you imagine a retro 70 coupe or 80's coupe?

mccombie_5
09-04-05, 10:34 AM
hey you guys, heres a "dtc" i photoshopped, i woulda done a black one but i couldnt find a good high res image also, sorry for the size 56k users, but quality suffers at lower sizes
what do you guys think?

WOW!

You have a real talent.

That is the DTC i would buy. I think many coupe deville owners would, and those who are looking for something to replace their now aged Eldos.

C'mon GM make it make it make it

Pete Benson
09-04-05, 07:16 PM
Very nice job and an interesting idea, but I'd give it a wider rear-roof side panel ("C" pillar, I think it's called), and smaller rear quarter windows.

davesdeville
09-07-05, 02:21 AM
^^ Cool photoshop.

3 series, 6 series, G35, RSX, XK, C series (CLK350, CLK500, CLS500, CL500, CL600.) They all sell well enough to manufacture.

I say Cadillac needs 2 coupes, a new ETC replacement based off the STS (of course with a V version) and a BLS based version, kind of like an entry level "tuner" type car with the 255hp 2.8 turbo.

davesdeville
09-07-05, 02:58 AM
3 series, C series Mercedes, RSX, XK Jag, G35...

I think Cadillac needs a BLS coupe, kinda like our version of an RSX: entry level tuner type coupe, it would be great with the current 2.8 turbo 255hp V6, if there was a way to stick a 300hp or so northstar or 3.6 high feature bumped in power in there and call it a V, that would be cool.

Also an ETC replacement based on the 05 STS would be nice for the high end market. Complete with the 469hp V version. Oh, and don't forget convertables of both.

Night Wolf
09-08-05, 12:04 AM
Wow, that looks good!

but 2 things... I don't see the market for it anymore...

and 2, because of the style of new cars (small fenders, small trunk, very small overhangs both front and rear) that photoshop looks very out of proportion.

While the '93 DeVille is overall small in my book, I have to say, it is a near 100% to scale in proportion to older 2 door luxury cars, I mean you can break the car into 3 sections fender/door/quarter panel, and all 3 of those sections are similar size.

the DeVille is now dead, so we can just forget about that.

I say leave the Coupe DeVille how it was, it was a great car when it left in 1993, though unrecognized by the masses, it'll be a classic soon. Here is a 1993 Coupe DeVille that will live on forever.... my baby:

http://inoventionseast.com/test/PDR_0249.JPG

Also, as far as I am concered, the last *real* Cadillac to be a 2 door was the 2002 Eldorado. REAL Cadillacs are not 3 random letters. The Eldorado has has styling cues that lived on for DECADES, not Cadillac styling cues, but Eldorado-only. 2 of these are the fact that the fenders are *taller* then the hood, and the doors are pillar less, it is a true Coupe design.

No 3 letters will ever mean what the Eldorado ment, I want an Eldorado pretty bad.... just to say I have a Cadillac Eldorado. IMO, "Coupe DeVille" and "Eldorado" are the 2 names that go unmistakably with Cadillac.

If I wasn't getting the Jeep as a next vehicle (I need a change) I would have an Eldorado. Hopefully in the up coming years I will be able to pick up a mint 1995 Eldo ETC, one day when I have my own house and the garage space, I want..... need one of those cars, I love the interior, I love the Northstar, that is true Cadillac in the 90's, before they became alphabet soup, and the cars were designed for a market that they were not marketed to.

one day I'll have it, that 1995 ETC is the top on the list of must have 90's Cadillacs. The only thing that would be above it would be a '93 Coupe DeVille.... but, well, I already own that. :)

OffThaHorseCEO
09-18-05, 11:30 PM
Very nice job and an interesting idea, but I'd give it a wider rear-roof side panel ("C" pillar, I think it's called), and smaller rear quarter windows.

i saved the image, then went back and widened the c-pillar, but once i saved that everything started glitching up, and i uploaded it to photobucket and it wouldnt work so i just left this one

OffThaHorseCEO
09-21-05, 05:10 PM
hey guys heres an updated DTC. widened rear pillar, bigger rims. and Night Wolf i even made it to where there no door seams on the roof and a-pillars. so its SUPPOSED to look like the door is inly attached to the glass along the bottom of the glass and not all around.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/Offthahorseceo/photoshop/cadillac_dts_2005_02_bbbcopy.jpg

Rauf
09-21-05, 11:40 PM
i saved the image, then went back and widened the c-pillar, but once i saved that everything started glitching up, and i uploaded it to photobucket and it wouldnt work so i just left this one
How about the removing that pillar at all. As I know the MB's CL-Class doesn't have it.

OffThaHorseCEO
09-23-05, 12:03 PM
the c pillar? the rear roof support? that would be ass ugly and would NEVER be a deville
i think you meant b pillar

front of car / | \ rear of car...pillars abc

DeVillish
09-23-05, 10:40 PM
i would buy that. And the BLS would cool as a coupe. To bad we wont get it at all. Man a turbo 2.8 with a 6 speed in a car that small, damn! Coupe of that would be cool too....BLC(base level coupe..?)

Adam
10-04-05, 09:46 PM
that looks good. if i was rich and that car was available i'd definitely buy it.

DBA-One
12-26-05, 07:20 PM
what do you guys think?

That is nice. I'd buy a large Caddy coupe. Tis picture need a longer wheel base though. Add 5"

DBA-One
12-26-05, 07:22 PM
hey guys heres an updated DTC. widened rear pillar, bigger rims. and Night Wolf i even made it to where there no door seams on the roof and a-pillars. so its SUPPOSED to look like the door is inly attached to the glass along the bottom of the glass and not all around.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/Offthahorseceo/photoshop/cadillac_dts_2005_02_bbbcopy.jpg
That looks even better. Just like the CTS, this design is color sensitive. I like this.

DoctorWEJ
12-29-05, 11:04 PM
Great photo job! I prefer not to have a CDV with the DTS body. It was good during the 90's and prior. My favorite was the triple white Liberty Edition. I am not sold on the rear of the 2006 because it looks like the rear of the 80's Monte Carlo. The above image of the proposed CDV looks like a new Monte Carlo.

DoctorWEJ
12-29-05, 11:08 PM
That looks even better. Just like the CTS, this design is color sensitive. I like this.

I agree! I may have to change my thinking about the coupe, now. The second picture looks spectacular!

DBA-One
01-04-06, 09:01 PM
I think Caddy could sell a coupe like that. It has to be sporty but it can't cost what the XLR or whatever it is cost. Make the coupe priced around the same as the sedan and give it a V option. It could be what the AMG S600 is to what a standard S600 is. Give each coupe just a few body tweaks to seprate it from the sedan. Oh, and call it Eldorado!

OffThaHorseCEO
01-10-06, 10:09 AM
thanks guys i appreciate all the compliments

but i fail to understand how the behemoth deville can be compared to a monte carlo.

although if it was smaller id have like the monte carlo to have ended up lookin that way insteaad of the way it looks now

like isaid tho thanks to everyone for their compliments on my work

Tommy Deville
02-16-06, 10:45 PM
O baby Im so glad others feel the way I do, I have had 2 coupes and I always loved them. I would love to see caddy make one and with a manual, I wold absoultely lease one, more than likely buy it out right, They should also have frame less windows like the eldos and coupes of the early 70's.:)

If it happens, it wont be for 2 or 3 more years, maybe longer. When I was looking for a late 80's early 90's deville a few years back, coupes were SO HARD TO FIND!

Rauf
02-20-06, 03:34 AM
O baby Im so glad others feel the way I do, I have had 2 coupes and I always loved them. I would love to see caddy make one and with a manual, I wold absoultely lease one, more than likely buy it out right, They should also have frame less windows like the eldos and coupes of the early 70's.:)

If it happens, it wont be for 2 or 3 more years, maybe longer. When I was looking for a late 80's early 90's deville a few years back, coupes were SO HARD TO FIND!
I'm worried that they'll make it 4-passenger like European cars instead of making it 5-passenger. Coupes are more expensive, and I guess nobody want to spend more money for less comfort.

Zorb750
03-01-06, 12:08 AM
I will buy it if there is a station wagon version.

And the Cadillac insignia is WAY too big on the DTS cars. It's ugly.

PAULSTSMAN1
03-02-06, 12:01 PM
Hi Guys:

The Photoshop DTS Coupe is Cool. But I have bad news, the GTO is Dead. GM announced last week that production is ending. While coupes are selling at Mercedes, and BMW, their not selling so well with domestics, the reason: Designers don't talk to marketing types, the coupe market here is undefined.

I saw someone else's Photoshop of a STS Coupe, looks too short and stubby. If produced as a hardtop convertable it should sell real well. However I'd prefer to see Cadillac work on an S-Class killer! It would need something with classic looks, a dynamite engine perhaps a v12, and stage presence-Larger Sized.

Guys, this is not the 1950's GM has gambled away it's fortune, making cookie cutter cars. If the General is to survive it's got to make market hits only, unfortunately low volume attempts like the XLR, CTS-V, and SAAB, may have to go.

99Classillac
03-10-06, 08:13 PM
That "DTC" is sweet. I'd buy one. But I really think they should bring back the Eldorado. I'm still saving to buy a used one. I just think the ETC should have more power so it would compete with the Mercedes AMG coupes.