: The other AMERICAN made CADDY

Stoneage_Caddy
08-16-05, 10:29 PM
and the forums devoted to it :
http://www .vwcaddyforum .com/ (remove spaces)

Ive been doing a little digging lately , looking for something tragicly old and good on gas , ive always had a soft spot for the american made rabbits ..

so perhaps this is where the idea gets beatter , im really digging the idea of haveing my Cadillac and a "VW Caddy" to commute in every day to work , powered by a new age VW diesel (maybe even the upgraded turbo kit that makes 300lbft of torque)....

unforetuanly like beetles they rust , badly ....hope i can find one when i get promoted to service advisor at cadillac (whenever that is)....and have a place to do this new project idea of mine ....

wonder how many pocketbikes will fit in the back ...

and what it will look like painted the same color as my deville

DeVillish
08-16-05, 11:05 PM
uhh....wtf is that thing??? and why is it called a VW Caddy??

Stoneage_Caddy
08-16-05, 11:25 PM
think of it as a volkswagen el camino , based on the old rabbits

im pretty sure its Caddy as in "Golf Caddy" Or "Tool Caddy" or "Spice Caddy"

strange isnt it ?

ben72227
08-16-05, 11:29 PM
uh..... yeah, okay.... I really don't get it:confused:

If you want an old Caddy with good gas mileage, get a Cimmaron, preferably an '88 model.

Stoneage_Caddy
08-16-05, 11:34 PM
well i want something VERY effiecnt and DIESEL ....

the cimmaron is far to complicated for what i want ....im talking "no nothing" to go wrong (not even spark plugs LOL)....well maybe A/C ....even thats debateable ....i got the big Deville for comfort and features , but i want a little critter i can throw stuff in , still handles well and will be cheap to operate no matter how greedy opec gets

i think you can feel me on deisel power ....LOL

DeVillish
08-16-05, 11:58 PM
get one of the 80s diesel eldorados.

Ralph
08-17-05, 12:45 AM
what about an '80's Jetta diesel??

Night Wolf
08-17-05, 02:03 AM
get one of the 80s diesel eldorados.

yeah, thats what I was gonna say

the local junkyard just got a 1985 Eldorado in today, I sat in it... man, I want one of those now... love the hood, seating position, the dash.... and don't the diesels in those get like 30mpg?

I would serisouly get a '79-'85 Eldo diesel with a common bad head gasket problem to fix up and drive around.

ben72227
08-17-05, 02:09 AM
and don't the diesels in those get like 30mpg?

:histeric::histeric::histeric::histeric::histeric:
Yeah, MAYBE they did 20 years ago. I certainly wouldn't wish them on anyone. They're troublesome when it comes to maintenence, nobody wants to work on them (unless you find a GREAT diesel mechanic, Cadillac dealerships won't touch them with a ten foot pole). They are complicated too, especially if you've never driven a diesel before. oh, and did I mention the headgasket problem? Take my advice, get a Cimmaron:thumbsup:

DeVillish
08-17-05, 02:43 AM
I still wana get a Cimmaron and gut it and turn it into a dedicated track car using caviller aftermarket parts just for the hell of it. kinda like an 80s CTS-V. Problem is i cant seem to find one for sale...that and i'd need like...a house to work on it at...i dont think they would like me building a cadillac race car in the barricks parking lot :D

jspano
08-17-05, 05:29 AM
hey stone i have a bro in law bigtime vw guy
they are fun to drive
i was at family get together and drove a bmw to it
and a vw passett back pretty close
oh instead of vw caddy
it should gas powered wheel barrow
or......

GPW

jspano