: EGR Major Issues..help!

starbond
04-03-14, 07:48 PM
So assuming a dirty EGR was the source of my problems, yesterday i unscrewed it, and checked it out but it was clean. so I reinstalled it exactly the same way.
This morning on my way to work suddenly the Deville starts freaking out. The accel and brake pedals are sluggish, the RPMS are hitting 3-4k on minor acceleration, the whole car is shaking like crazy, and if I accelerate past 50 it gets worse. What the hell happened?

EDIT: I'll add the car is dead quiet on idle, and I'm getting any codes either.

Submariner409
04-03-14, 08:25 PM
Go back and check all your wiring, connectors, vacuum lines and throttle/cruise cables. The EGR won't cause the engine to require The Exorcist.

starbond
04-03-14, 09:53 PM
The only thing I did was remove the pin clip for the EGR and move the fuel line out of the way, nothing else. I'm just worried I wont be able to get to work with it. I dont have any alternatives.

Ranger
04-03-14, 09:55 PM
Pull the EGR again and clean the pintle valve just for the hell of it. Then give the TB a good cleaning.

Also pull the DTC's. Post them AND their definitions.

starbond
04-03-14, 09:59 PM
Pull the EGR again and clean the pintle valve just for the hell of it. Then give the TB a good cleaning.

Also pull the DTC's. Post them AND their definitions.

Unfortunately there are 0 DTC codes. It'd be more helpful if there were. My main car tools are at my parents home an hour away, which is where I want to go tomorrow, but I'm worried the car will struggle to get there. My TB cleaner and sockets for the TB are at home. I'll try pulling the EGR again (pulled and replaced 3 times already) in the morning before work and see what happens. I'm beginning to regret doing it in the first place!

Submariner409
04-04-14, 03:19 PM
Pin clip ??? EGR ???? Are you quite sure you're not messing with the FPR (on the fuel rail) ?

If you "moved the fuel line" - is that the metal fuel rail ? Without removing the fuel injectors ?

pictures ..........

Ranger
04-04-14, 04:00 PM
If you "moved the fuel line" - is that the metal fuel rail ? Without removing the fuel injectors ?

I think the '98 still had the nylon fuel rail.

rodnok01
04-04-14, 04:21 PM
98 did have nylon rail, it has to be removed to get egr off. Unless you are getting egr code and you have cleaned it already it's probably fine. Did u use a new gasket, they are very cheap.
My gut tells me you have put something back together wrong or have a vacuum leak. Good possibility if you removed the fpr the orings are bad now or one fell off or didnt seat properly.