: Parking ticket help

malcolm
08-16-05, 02:56 PM
How do you fight something like this?
I received notice in the mail that a parking ticket was issued to my car in the Bronx on 7/29 at 2:21 PM.
At the time my car and I were in NJ and at the time in question I was logged into this forum and made two posts around the time the ticket was issued.
I have already disputed the ticket but was wondering if there are connection logs here that might help. Any Mods here that can help?
The ticket is $115.00.
I used their online dispute telling them they got the wrong plate. Like they haven't heard that one a million times.
What do you think?

mccombie_5
08-16-05, 03:02 PM
How do you fight something like this?
I received notice in the mail that a parking ticket was issued to my car in the Bronx on 7/29 at 2:21 PM.
At the time my car and I were in NJ and at the time in question I was logged into this forum and made two posts around the time the ticket was issued.
I have already disputed the ticket but was wondering if there are connection logs here that might help. Any Mods here that can help?
The ticket is $115.00.
I used their online dispute telling them they got the wrong plate. Like they haven't heard that one a million times.
What do you think?

If you can prove your car wasnt where they say it was it will be fine. did anyone see you at homeor the office with you rcar?

malcolm
08-16-05, 03:31 PM
I have several people that can verify I was home but was having doubts that they would accept that as proof. I am hoping they can produce the original ticket and the error will be obvious.

Stag
08-16-05, 03:44 PM
The parking ticket should list the vehicle, etc...you need to request the actual copy of the ticket written by the traffic cop. I doubt the plate typo and vehicle on the summons will match up with the vehicle you drive. Then all you need to do is bring in your registration which should have a date on it prior to the ticket and you should be ok.

malcolm
08-16-05, 03:49 PM
Yes, I believe the original hand written copy will solve this. They have a half decent online system with a digital representation of the ticket but not the actual ticket. I have requested the original, now let's see bureacracy at work. Thanks

mccombie_5
08-16-05, 03:53 PM
Yes, I believe the original hand written copy will solve this. They have a half decent online system with a digital representation of the ticket but not the actual ticket. I have requested the original, now let's see bureacracy at work. Thanks

Good luck with it and i hope it is better than our system here. I was recently billed for the london congestion charge when i wasnt in london at the time. they did (eventually) drop the ticket.

turbojimmy
08-16-05, 03:55 PM

That should do it. I got a parking ticket in Wildwood while I was on vacation. When I went online to pay it (enter ticket # and license plate), the system couldn't find it. Like a dope I called them and it turns out they had keyed it into the system incorrectly (a handwritten "V" looked like a "U"). I had them correct it and paid it.

Sounds like you're at the other end of such an error.

Jim

fast66
08-16-05, 06:36 PM
I got the same type of ticket a year ago. I was on vacation and never even took the car to San Fran. I just paid the ticket...its better than flying up there and handling a court case.

malcolm
08-16-05, 06:49 PM
So far it seems the whole mess can be handled on line. I'll let you all know as soon as I see the real ticket.

Stag
08-17-05, 10:54 AM
^Good luck.

Stoneage_Caddy
08-17-05, 02:12 PM
go to the parking ticket office and find the person that wrote the ticket....then cuss this person out , calling them a dirty money grubbing whore and that if they touch your car again they are in for one hell of a surpirse ....then take the ticket and throw it in there face and clear there desk of all objects on it ...take a 20 dollar bill that you pissed on eariler and place it on the desk to cover the cost of the ticket....then go out to your car and leave 20 feet of burnt rubber infront of the office ....

those bastards in fairbanks will never forget ticketing me for having 6 inches of my car in a "no parking zone"(it was on the yellow line) as i was in the court house taking care of my speeding ticket ....

when you get a parking ticket for something as trivial as that while inside taking care of a speeding ticket you loose all self controll ...

mccombie_5
08-17-05, 02:17 PM
hahahahaha :histeric:

Stoneage_Caddy
08-17-05, 02:29 PM
by the way mccombie just so you dont feel so bad about your son ...my speeding ticket was for 105 mph in a 55 zone ....

but it was WAAAAAY out in the middle of nowere 70 miles from any town whatsoever is a perfectly flat area with nothing around but trees , behind those tree was the alaska state trooper ...my cruise controll was SET at 130-140 mph , i saw him and hit the brakes so he got me at 105 ...

lucky for me the judge was cool , he knew where i got the ticket so he made a deal with me that if i volunteered at the firehouse i worked at for a week that everything would be taken off my record...

mccombie_5
08-17-05, 02:33 PM
by the way mccombie just so you dont feel so bad about your son ...my speeding ticket was for 105 mph in a 55 zone ....

but it was WAAAAAY out in the middle of nowere 70 miles from any town whatsoever is a perfectly flat area with nothing around but trees , behind those tree was the alaska state trooper ...my cruise controll was SET at 130-140 mph , i saw him and hit the brakes so he got me at 105 ...

lucky for me the judge was cool , he knew where i got the ticket so he made a deal with me that if i volunteered at the firehouse i worked at for a week that everything would be taken off my record...

Ive never been caught, if you are caught at anything above 100 here you lose your license......

I once drove at 170mph on a road in this country, i wonder what would of happened if id been caught.....

Kev
08-17-05, 03:31 PM
Ive never been caught, if you are caught at anything above 100 here you lose your license......

I once drove at 170mph on a road in this country, i wonder what would of happened if id been caught.....Here in California you can be arrested for reckless driving at 25+ mph over the limit.

mccombie_5
08-17-05, 03:34 PM
Here in California you can be arrested for reckless driving at 25+ mph over the limit.

eeek, the question is, would they catch me, do the police anywhere have 170mph patrol cars?

Kev
08-17-05, 03:38 PM
eeek, the question is, would they catch me, do the police anywhere have 170mph patrol cars?:sneaky: Not sure if they do anymore but they have helicopters, planes, radios and spike strips! They'll catch you! :D

Stoneage_Caddy
08-17-05, 03:39 PM
nothing outruns a motorola

mccombie_5
08-17-05, 03:42 PM
:sneaky: Not sure if they do anymore but they have helicopters, planes, radios and spike strips! They'll catch you! :D

DAMN! I hate cops! :dammit: :cop: :gun:
And i dont think my pal would be too pleased at me getting his Vauxhall Lotus Carlton impounded either

Stoneage_Caddy
08-17-05, 03:45 PM
lol , the guy that "pulled me over" asked me why i stopped as he knew as much as i knew that if i kept my foot in it that there was no way he coulda catch me , i told him "i know you woold make a call to nenana police dept and they would nab me there"

he said

"best move you made today son"

Kev
08-17-05, 03:46 PM
eeek, the question is, would they catch me, do the police anywhere have 170mph patrol cars?Back in the 70's the Dodge Polara with the 440 wedge 'Interceptor' engine would break 170mph.
In one of the CHP magazines an officer claimed to have been parked on the side of the road, a 1976 Porsche Turbo Carrera passed him, he pursued, overtook him, clocked him at 160mph and pulled him over. :p

mccombie_5
08-17-05, 03:46 PM
lol , the guy that "pulled me over" asked me why i stopped as he knew as much as i knew that if i kept my foot in it that there was no way he coulda catch me , i told him "i know you woold make a call to nenana police dept and they would nab me there"

he said

"best move you made today son"

Hahaha :histeric:

I once got pulled over for "looking like a drug dealer"

mccombie_5
08-17-05, 03:48 PM
Back in the 70's the Dodge Polara with the 440 wedge 'Interceptor' engine would break 170mph.
In one of the CHP magazines an officer claimed to have been parked on the side of the road, a 1976 Porsche Turbo Carrera passed him, he pursued, overtook him, clocked him at 160mph and pulled him over. :p

Stylish!

Kev
08-17-05, 03:51 PM
Hahaha :histeric:

I once got pulled over for "looking like a drug dealer"You do have those shifty, beady little eyes...........
http://s7.imagehosting.us/uploadpoint/imagehosting_upload_storage/user_10116/T0_10116_537675.jpg

:duck::hide::leaving:

mccombie_5
08-17-05, 03:54 PM
You do have those shifty, beady little eyes...........
http://s7.imagehosting.us/uploadpoint/imagehosting_upload_storage/user_10116/T0_10116_537675.jpg

:duck::hide::leaving:

Can you catch bricks with your teeth? If not lets try anyway :D

That picture will forver haunt me. It was sunny!

Might have been to do with the Bentley i had at the time, i got pulled over 17 times whilst i had that car.

Kev
08-17-05, 03:59 PM
Can you catch bricks with your teeth? If not lets try anyway :DBut.....but...... won't that compromise the structural integrity of the building behind you?! :suspense:

mccombie_5
08-17-05, 04:00 PM
But.....but...... won't that compromise the structural integrity of the building behind you?! :suspense:

Probably.

But you know what....its not mine :lildevil: