Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Pop trunk

4K views 23 replies 6 participants last post by  duneless 
#1 ·
#3 ·
thanks, its been a lot of work trying and re-trying till we got it right. sounds amazing and im considering getting a video up for yall. only negative i can think of "functionally" is that these subs are only rated 600 wrms and my amp is CRUSHING them but the signal is clean and distortion free so hopefully they hold up. i got em back in december for only $119 a piece shipped. cant believe how much wattage im pushing and the car holds voltage at 14.4 like a champ. Hell my 6.2l v8 silverado didnt do that. Hardest part in all this has been making that rear dash squeak and rattle free.

#9 ·
Put those subs in a 4th order bandpass box and port it through the ski hole, that should eliminate all trunk/rear deck rattle and improve the sound quality of the setup greatly and MAYBE output....depends on the box

EDIT: What size are those subs? if they're 12's a 4th order might take up more space than you want..I just thought of that

#12 ·
working on video now. all i have is an old iphone so its not gonna be too pretty.lol should be up sometime tonight though.

----------

short video showing some subwoofer excursion. the rattling sound is the rear amp vibrating against the metal bracket it is mounted to. if you look closely on the upper right side corner of the amp you can see the screw nearly flying out. lol, had to fix it after making the video.

#17 ·
yeah, my boy at work said the end of the video got him laughing too. that song is just an interlude but it plays very well on my audio. everything is real leveled out. i just need to get time to get the car to the shop so they can fix my usb's. one of em dont even work. the other one that i use makes the music pop and crack sometimes like an old vinyl record that has been played too many times. plus the sunroof dont close, the idle is rough, the power stearing shuts off....

#19 ·
hey duneless if you can post some pics or vids of your 15. i am seriously considering getting a 15 too. just not sure about the needed space to make a proper enclosure. im thinking 3.5 cubes tuned to 32hz would work but not sure how im gonna pull it off yet.

#20 ·
I'll get to it this week. Been busy as hell. Also hit a unmarked shelf on a back road friday. About 4 inches high. Little town decided they didn't need signs. F@#ked my shit up. 2 rims bent at about 40 miles an hour. Haven't decided to get new rims and money from the town or have my man fix them. I'm so heated right now. I'll get something for you this week. Gotta change over to my stock joints today before work.

#22 ·
Trying to get something for you. I've thought about it and I think i'm going to try and fit 2 15's in my whip. 2 smaller boxes facing each other inward. I need to keep the weight down though. I'm only at 4ohms and I should be at 2 with my amp. Not sure what it will do to the rear deck but I'm willing to find out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.