: 2 years ago....

Night Wolf
08-15-05, 04:24 AM
actually it was 2 days ago... Augest 13th, but I havn't got around to posting it :)

Anyway...

Augest 13th, 2003 is when I got my license, after having my permint since July 2nd, 2003 and turning 16 July 1st, 2003.

2 years... I bought my 1993 Coupe DeVille in May of 2003, but got it June 6th, 2003, then December 26th came the Olds, and finally May of 2004 I got the '79 DeVille.

As of a couple days ago:

I put 28k miles on the '93 DeVille

13k on the '89 Oldsmobile

6k on the '79 DeVille

for a grand total of me driving my cars 47k miles in 2 years, or 23,500 miles/year... not too bad consdering I work 5 minutes from home and my HS was only 10minutes from home... :)

All the cars more or less are in better shape now, then when I got them... the worst being the '93 DeVille, which, from an exterior point, was mint when I got it, but now has bad paint problems (thank you GM) otherwise it does have more wear on the interior (drivers arm rest starting to crack, leather getting worn... normal Cadillac stuff) but mechanically it is in much better shape. The Olds, better in nearly every way, new paint, no more dents or anything, far better mechanically, and the inteior is still mint for what it is. the '79 DeVille, only thing that has really gotten worse is the rust on the rear driver side door that I still havn't touched up, on the same note, not much has gotten better... because it just hasn't needed anything, it got a full tune up when I got it, and its been grand... well, plus the new set of tires.... 90k miles later and I still drive this 26 year old classic hard and lay rubber :)

on a more sad note, when I started driving, I was paying $1.74 for premium, and regular was $1.54.... now... just 2 years later, gas is over a full dollar more, as I am now paying $2.77 for premium ('93) and $2.57 for regular ('79 and Olds) This is getting crazy and really sucks... but it is out of my control, and even at that, the funny part is, my '79 DeVille in it's current state (carb could use a rebuild) gets the same mileage as the Jeep Wrangler I want as a next car, and most all V8 pickup trucks and SUV's today... I still have a hard time firguring that one out...

Anyway, I havn't been online much because I am in the process of moving, and right now my computer is crudely set up on the floor, very uncomfortable... I am not going to FL yet (leaving end of September to be there the 1st of October for that) but I am moving to the next town over, about 30 minutes from here (my commute to work will now be 25 minutes each way instead of 5) I will be living alone in my mothers finacee's house for the time being, to get used to living alone and stuff, so I'll like it.

illumina
08-15-05, 04:44 AM
actually it was 2 days ago... Augest 13th, but I havn't got around to posting it :)

Anyway...

Augest 13th, 2003 is when I got my license, after having my permint since July 2nd, 2003 and turning 16 July 1st, 2003.

2 years... I bought my 1993 Coupe DeVille in May of 2003, but got it June 6th, 2003, then December 26th came the Olds, and finally May of 2004 I got the '79 DeVille.

As of a couple days ago:

I put 28k miles on the '93 DeVille

13k on the '89 Oldsmobile

6k on the '79 DeVille

for a grand total of me driving my cars 47k miles in 2 years, or 23,500 miles/year... not too bad consdering I work 5 minutes from home and my HS was only 10minutes from home... :)

All the cars more or less are in better shape now, then when I got them... the worst being the '93 DeVille, which, from an exterior point, was mint when I got it, but now has bad paint problems (thank you GM) otherwise it does have more wear on the interior (drivers arm rest starting to crack, leather getting worn... normal Cadillac stuff) but mechanically it is in much better shape. The Olds, better in nearly every way, new paint, no more dents or anything, far better mechanically, and the inteior is still mint for what it is. the '79 DeVille, only thing that has really gotten worse is the rust on the rear driver side door that I still havn't touched up, on the same note, not much has gotten better... because it just hasn't needed anything, it got a full tune up when I got it, and its been grand... well, plus the new set of tires.... 90k miles later and I still drive this 26 year old classic hard and lay rubber :)

on a more sad note, when I started driving, I was paying $1.74 for premium, and regular was $1.54.... now... just 2 years later, gas is over a full dollar more, as I am now paying $2.77 for premium ('93) and $2.57 for regular ('79 and Olds) This is getting crazy and really sucks... but it is out of my control, and even at that, the funny part is, my '79 DeVille in it's current state (carb could use a rebuild) gets the same mileage as the Jeep Wrangler I want as a next car, and most all V8 pickup trucks and SUV's today... I still have a hard time firguring that one out...

Anyway, I havn't been online much because I am in the process of moving, and right now my computer is crudely set up on the floor, very uncomfortable... I am not going to FL yet (leaving end of September to be there the 1st of October for that) but I am moving to the next town over, about 30 minutes from here (my commute to work will now be 25 minutes each way instead of 5) I will be living alone in my mothers finacee's house for the time being, to get used to living alone and stuff, so I'll like it.

Well, good luck with the move and all. You'll find that living alone is freakin' great! I've been alone for most of my life after 10 years old. Still lived with mom in those days, but she had two jobs and no one else was around, so I got used to it at an early age I guess. I wasn't technically alone during the Army days I guess, but I was a loner (always have been a private person) and I always managed to get to live alone either off base in some one room pad or something similar. One time I managed to get a dorm room on base all to my lonesome. That was great too!

As for the gas, don't worry, they're saying that after Labor Day, it will start to get cheap again...In a manner of speaking...

Ralph
08-16-05, 04:46 PM
Good luck with the move.

I'm not too thrilled about gas prices either. I was paying a dollar a liter a couple weeks ago but it jumped to $1.08 this week and they say it could go higher!!! That's for premium of course. It's kind of funny because the sign's cannot accomodate 3 digits whereever you look for gas prices because it was always 2 digits for the price per liter. So when you are driving you cannot tell the gas price until you see it on the pump! :banghead:

mccombie_5
08-16-05, 04:55 PM
Good luck with the move.

I'm not too thrilled about gas prices either. I was paying a dollar a liter a couple weeks ago but it jumped to $1.08 this week and they say it could go higher!!! That's for premium of course.

Good luck moving. Its 94p for a litre od diesel here now! and about 92p a litre for petrol. It works at $1.60-$1.80 depending on the rates. Thats PER LITRE!!!

Ralph
08-16-05, 04:59 PM
Good luck moving. Its 94p for a litre od diesel here now! and about 92p a litre for petrol. It works at $1.60-$1.80 depending on the rates. Thats PER LITRE!!!

It's currently 86 cents per litre diesel here!!! :eek:

Maybe I'll have to buy a Smart Car. :(

addison_ii
08-16-05, 05:31 PM
Nightwolf, goodluck with the move both to the next town and to Florida. Living by yourself is great. No noise unless you cause it, no misplaced items(everything stays wherever you put it!!). I remember you posting something about the olds be redone by a body shop class or something. Show us some new pics(if you haven't already). BTW gas by me is 2.61 / gallon for regular. Time to buy that cargo van and carpool to work.
Addison_ii's taxi service has a nice ring to it.

mccombie_5
08-16-05, 06:11 PM
It's currently 86 cents per litre diesel here!!! :eek:

Maybe I'll have to buy a Smart Car. :(

Hahaha!

Imagine how i feel, im surprised i have any money at all. I mean, i run an ESV, a Range Rover, an STS, a Deville, for starters, they arent the most economical cars on the road. Ill be following you to the smart showrrom ralph

Ralph
08-16-05, 06:24 PM
Ill be following you to the smart showrrom ralph

Lets just hope it never comes to that!!!! :bomb: :helpless:

mccombie_5
08-16-05, 06:35 PM
Lets just hope it never comes to that!!!! :bomb: :helpless:

Oh i am hoping. they already tax me on emmisions. I cant even poison my own damn planet

slk230mb
08-16-05, 07:17 PM
Oh i am hoping. they already tax me on emmisions. I cant even poison my own damn planet

LOL

Night Wolf
08-16-05, 09:23 PM
Nightwolf, goodluck with the move both to the next town and to Florida. Living by yourself is great. No noise unless you cause it, no misplaced items(everything stays wherever you put it!!). I remember you posting something about the olds be redone by a body shop class or something. Show us some new pics(if you haven't already). BTW gas by me is 2.61 / gallon for regular. Time to buy that cargo van and carpool to work.
Addison_ii's taxi service has a nice ring to it.

The Olds? yeah, that was done a while ago... I posted something, you must not have seen it tho...

instead of talking about it, check out this little video I made :)

http://inoventionseast.com/Oldsmobile/Oldsmobile1.wmv

Right now I am moved into the new place, just set my computer up, I only have to go back home for my bathroom stuff.

I can't be THAT loud because there is a tennant, it is a 2 family house and there is an upstairs tennant... but she is only here half the time, so that is nice.

it is great living alone... but at home it wasn't too bad, I had my own big room in the basement, came and went when I want, if my mother was gone I could crank the music, as it was farm land and nobody near us (here, there are close neighbors) so it wasn't that bad.

I have pics of the place I am staying, I'll post them sometime soon... but atleast now I can say there is a 1967 Camaro SS in the garage :)

Stoneage_Caddy
08-16-05, 09:38 PM
LOL ive been on the road over 10 years now ...when i started out gas was a buck a gallon , now im pumping it in at almost 3 times that ammount (premium)

Living alone is great , i went back home after living alone for years to go to school and to help my family out as we had a very sick member of the family...well one thing lead to another and ive been here for 3 years with my parents , almost got my degree and my finaces in order again so its time to look for a pad and a second car to commute in , which will be

drum roll please

a 79-83 VW Rabit diesel or VW Rabbit Truck Diesel ...

Krashed989
08-17-05, 03:27 AM
Well at least you guys havent gotten up to the prices in Hawaii yet. Where I live its $2.94 for regular, $3.04 for plus, $3.14 for super and $3.23 for diesel. The sad part is that its not going to be very long until we think these current prices are cheap.

Stoneage_Caddy
08-17-05, 10:53 AM
exactly , thats why im thinking small deisel now , before people buy them all when prices blow sky high ....

once that happens it will take months for demand to drop hard enough to drop prices

mccombie_5
08-17-05, 11:06 AM
exactly , thats why im thinking small deisel now , before people buy them all when prices blow sky high ....

once that happens it will take months for demand to drop hard enough to drop prices

Yeah we already caught on to the diesel bug. It now costs more than regular. and Super actually.