: Spyder's back!

Spyder
08-15-05, 02:34 AM
So, if anyone noticed, I've been gone for quite some time. Been through a lot of crap at home, computers been down, sold the Dodge hot rod truck, gf moved out, bought a chevy truck, scored a helluva deal on a pair of mopar engines and a bad ass tranny for the Challenger for dirt cheap...Now I've got a computer up and running again so I'm baaaccckkk...but I do think I sold the STS tonight...hopefully driving it to San Diego tomorrow afternoon to dump it on a friend who thinks its the greatest car in the world...but I've got beer to drink at a buddy's house, so I'll talk to ya'll later!

Rob_M
08-15-05, 02:40 AM
We'll welcome back dude! I've came and went a few times my self. Dont care about the STS no more. Are you gonna buy another one some time? :yup:

majax
08-15-05, 03:03 AM
Oh hey! good to cya!

Spyder
08-15-05, 12:25 PM
Yeeup...not for a year or three though...I figure I'll get an 05 or 06? STS in about two years...but for now, its just not for me...I'm going to wait until my Exhibition of Speed tickets clears my record before I take on another full coverage vehicle...if I hadn't paid off the 94 this month, insurance would have jumped to THREE HUNDRED AND FIFTY a month...

Ralph
08-16-05, 02:42 PM
Welcome back Spyder. :)

D148L0
08-16-05, 04:12 PM
Good to see you!

Spyder
08-19-05, 04:53 AM
So she's gone. San Diego was great...I didn't pay a dime for a beer, a burger or a plane ticket home. The drive down was quite enjoyable...onboard computer read an average of 72.4 mph after one fuel stop and two pee stops...plus a three or so minute stop on a vista point somewhere north of Kettlemen City to view and photograph one of the most beautiful sunsets I have ever seen. Kinda looked a lot like the dark red sky over the eye in Lord of the Rings, but not an evil look...I was rather impressed. But she's gone, I had a good time with her, even with the many betrayals and the thousands in repairs. I'm looking forward to the day I can get another younger model...but for now I'll enjoy the Jimmy truck and the Challenger.

addison_ii
08-19-05, 09:16 PM
Welcome back Spyder, I haven't seen your name in a while. If I'm not mistaken probably a little after I first registered here. But sorry to hear you sold the STS. But have fun with your truck and the challenger.

terrible one
08-20-05, 01:52 AM
Hey Spyder. I was wondering where you had made off to. I remember you wanting some pics of the '76. I'll post some when it's done. We are thinking around December.

So you are into Mopar? That's awesome. I've been trying to get ahold of a '70 Charger project for quite some time, but spending all of my money on the Cad is keeping me from getting my Charger!

Oh well, thinking I'll get ahold of one pretty soon, with a nice 440 in there waiting for a rebuild :)