: Something for "MC 5"

Ralph
08-11-05, 08:20 PM
"Last year, Bentley bought out the first new models from the VW era, the $146,000 (now $165,000) Continental GT coupe. Bentley is also reviving the Flying Spur nameplate for a larger, four-door sedan with a six-liter, twin-turbocharged, 12-cylinder engine that is starting production. The original Flying Spur saloon debuted in 1957 and was discontinued in 1966 with the introduction of the T-Series.

The new Bentleys are real cars, not museum pieces for purchase on speculation. You can drive these machines to the country club or the supermarket, and if you want to go 200 miles an hour, well, there are 12 cylinders and 552 horsepower.

These new Bentleys hit the sweet spot, with the right price and the right look. Worldwide Bentley sales were 6,600 last year. This year the number will climb to 7,200. The U.S. and Canada account for 40% of the business, with 2,300 sales last year and 3,200 expected this year, including 1,500 of the new sedan.

These numbers may sound small, but they are terrific for ultraluxury cars. Bentley is currently selling all the cars it can make. The waiting list is four to five months for the GT coupe, and they have 1,900 solid orders for the Flying Spur--more than they can build this year even though Bentley cut production of the Continental GT coupe to make way for the Flying Spur sedan startup at the plant in Crewe in England. In addition, the company will assemble some Flying Spurs in an underutilized VW Phaeton plant in Dresden. Eventually, Bentley expects to build 10,000 units per year if needed, but that's the limit. Or at least, that's what they say."

http://www.forbes.com/columnists/columnists/2005/08/09/bentley-vw-luxurycars-cz_jf_0809flint.html

Ralph
08-12-05, 10:14 PM
http://www.baileycar.com/no_tanks_html.html

mccombie_5
08-14-05, 03:43 PM
I feel better now :) :yup: im very happy with my VW decision. The XJR is going to be on my driveway by christmas ;)

Ralph
08-14-05, 06:45 PM
That "baileycar" article was pretty harsh on the Phaeton, but then, he was equally as harsh and negative on the XLR. :cookoo:

mccombie_5
08-14-05, 06:49 PM
That "baileycar" article was pretty harsh on the Phaeton, but then, he was equally as harsh and negative on the XLR. :cookoo:

I dont understand what his problem was with the Phaeton. It is perfect. I could find no flaws with it. It even played my Dire Straits CD!

Ralph
08-14-05, 06:51 PM
I dont understand what his problem was with the Phaeton. It is perfect. I could find no flaws with it. It even played my Dire Straits CD!

I should go and look at more of his "reviews" and see if they are all negative! I'd be suprised to find out if there was a car he actually liked!!

mccombie_5
08-14-05, 06:53 PM
I should go and look at more of his "reviews" and see if they are all negative! I'd be suprised to find out if there was a car he actually liked!!

Oh hes one of THOSE. The ones that have a problem with everything. I know the type. My dad is one of those.