: Cadillacs as Babe Magnets?~?~?

Frost
08-11-05, 10:12 AM
,,,,,,,,,on one of the other forums that I frequent (but not as often as this one, I promise!) there was a premise put forward by an STS owner that the Cadillac is in essence, a Babe Magnet. I was surprised by the answers that he garnered.

So my question follows: Has this been your experience? Have you noticed the fairer sex openly weeping with admiration as you troll past in one of your "profiling" runs down the streets? Has any Jane Doe ever climaxed in your car when you've shifted gears? Any swooning/fainting being done while your in the process of detailing the crap out of your ride on a sunny Saturday morning?

About the only exposure to this that I have seen is when I drop by the retirement residence in my '97 Deville and it gets showered with Depends - not exactly the response I was looking for.

Sandy
08-11-05, 11:00 AM
IF you are speaking of the under age 22 female variety, NO! They haven't matured past the Brittany Spears lifeline. They only like the type of cars featured in "The Fast & The Furious" movie. If you are talking of females from 23 to 30, it's a split. Some will like it, others will think it's "dumb" ~ but they drive Corollas and Sentras, so...would you really rate their option(s) high ?
The enviro-friendly bunch will see it has an unnecessary gas hog waisting our countrie's natural resources and as pollution devices! The females over 31 have finally matured, have been out in the "real" world, and may or may NOT like your Caddy, or Cadillac + Lincolns in general, but will assume you make alot of money and then it becomes a status symbol to some degree.

Funny thing, however, is that while they'll see your Town Car or your STS/de Ville as a gas hog, blah, blah, blah, you very seldom hear them speak that way of a BMW 5 Series or a "mer-SAY-deees" E-Class or a 350 H.P. Infiniti Q or a Lexus LS ! Right?

I think, like everything else, it comes down to the individual person.

OnDaSlab
08-11-05, 11:24 AM
well i stay down in da south, in htown, and cadillacs are real big down here. Im on my third lac and i get more praise and lookers than when i drove a fixed up honda, with ground effects, neon lights, paint job and other mods. If u see a dude driving a deville or escalade you get the impression he has money and a dude you dont want to mess wit, especially if its a pimp out o'l school lac . Im 22 and im married. and my wife gets pissed when i got out wit da boys in da lac than da other car we have. cuz she knows u will get dudes lookin and girls staring. but of course it cant be a lac that is fixing to fall apart. Cuz you aint pulling nobody like that.

Adam
08-11-05, 11:35 AM
well i stay down in da south, in htown, and cadillacs are real big down here. Im on my third lac and i get more praise and lookers than when i drove a fixed up honda, with ground effects, neon lights, paint job and other mods. If u see a dude driving a deville or escalade you get the impression he has money and a dude you dont want to mess wit, especially if its a pimp out o'l school lac . Im 22 and im married. and my wife gets pissed when i got out wit da boys in da lac than da other car we have. cuz she knows u will get dudes lookin and girls staring. but of course it cant be a lac that is fixing to fall apart. Cuz you aint pulling nobody like that.

yup, Caddylacs are big down south. it dont matter what kind new or old, they are hot. the ladies swarm around these things. my Fleetwood, the Deville, the CTS, man these girls are all over them. ive had like 5-6 girls in the Fleetwood (with about 2-3 of my buddies too) just cruisin. in my low i got a few interesting offers just to ride in the Caddy. when i got the CTS i had so many nurses (work at a hospital) out there looking, and not just nurses but alot of the ladies that work there, and just awing and drooling over my car. one of them said "i think i would have an orgasm if i got to ride in that." so yeah, i got girlies lookin all the time.

OnDaSlab
08-11-05, 12:58 PM
yeah the new models like the cts and sts are hot. I really like the sts cuz its bigger but theren't not as gansta looking as the older models but they still pull you some girls , no doubt bout that.

how does that song go "in the backseat of my cadillac"

Mike95DeVille
08-11-05, 02:26 PM
I haven't noticed any Babes looking but my 95 DeVille sure is a boy magnet. I have been surprised at the number of teens - twenties turn to watch it go by...dreaming maybe?? I even have some of them waving at me when they are in groups...I assume pretending that they know me or do they think I am the new drug guy on the block???

I am also surprised at how many people think my brand new looking 95 is a 2005. I have stopped telling people differently!

Hilton
08-11-05, 10:08 PM
I think I know where I'm taking my next vacation! Better make sure I'm cleared to cross the US border... cuz most Canadians are terrorists and all that, you know. [;)]

Honestly, I don't go cruising much, but I have seen some of the more mature girls (25-30) looking at the car. Of course, the older women (30-55) LOVE it...but they're a bit out of my age range. The response from younger females is typical of what's already been said. The most common words I hear are "Meh. Family car."... Meh. Immature.

I will admit that the '85 Deville is one of the few Cadillacs I will drive. I personally feel that the full-height taillights of pre-85's, post-86's, and non-Devilles (excepting 90s Eldorados and such with with horizontal taillights, those are cool) make them look like old-people cars. Especially the 90-93(?).

But anyway... any particular cities I should be visiting with the Caddy? ;)

megatron
08-11-05, 11:57 PM
I'am in florida and get more than my share of looks and compliments on my '94 deville. I think its fair to say its landed me a couple of bed friends its a nice looking car no doubt about that,and when I got my license at 17 (I'am 26 now) and used to drive around in my dad's '72 coupe deville back up north that car was "the pimp mobile" as my friends used to call it. I think it comes down to the person and thair opinion really but then again we are talking about women here and most of the time THEY don't know what they like/want so how should we? lol

Crasher
08-12-05, 12:10 AM
like Sandy said, most women,whether they like Cadillacs or not, will recognize the assumed "status" that usually accompanies them... :sneaky:

Adam
08-12-05, 01:31 PM
yeah the new models like the cts and sts are hot. I really like the sts cuz its bigger but theren't not as gansta looking as the older models but they still pull you some girls , no doubt bout that.

how does that song go "in the backseat of my cadillac"

maybe its cause my Fleetwood was a lowrider and my CTS is new. the Deville gets alot of looks too.

Adam
08-12-05, 01:32 PM
like Sandy said, most women,whether they like Cadillacs or not, will recognize the assumed "status" that usually accompanies them... :sneaky:

yeah that too.

caddydaddy
08-12-05, 02:07 PM
IF you are speaking of the under age 22 female variety, NO! They haven't matured past the Brittany Spears lifeline. They only like the type of cars featured in "The Fast & The Furious" movie. If you are talking of females from 23 to 30, it's a split.

My girl is 19, hates ricers and wants to buy a '94 or '95 Deville! Whatta keeper, huh? Oh, and she's very fine! :)

tru504187211
08-12-05, 02:17 PM
IF you are speaking of the under age 22 female variety, NO! They haven't matured past the Brittany Spears lifeline. They only like the type of cars featured in "The Fast & The Furious" movie. If you are talking of females from 23 to 30, it's a split. Some will like it, others will think it's "dumb" ~ but they drive Corollas and Sentras, so...would you really rate their option(s) high ?
The enviro-friendly bunch will see it has an unnecessary gas hog waisting our countrie's natural resources and as pollution devices! The females over 31 have finally matured, have been out in the "real" world, and may or may NOT like your Caddy, or Cadillac + Lincolns in general, but will assume you make alot of money and then it becomes a status symbol to some degree.

Funny thing, however, is that while they'll see your Town Car or your STS/de Ville as a gas hog, blah, blah, blah, you very seldom hear them speak that way of a BMW 5 Series or a "mer-SAY-deees" E-Class or a 350 H.P. Infiniti Q or a Lexus LS ! Right?

I think, like everything else, it comes down to the individual person.

bait, bait, bait.

Can be summed up in one word - 'bait'. Use it to your advantage -- Depends on the area of the city that you go to also, well in Milwaukee anyways. Northside, you can get any female you want -- rims help, but Brougham is so clean I'll let them think I want/ can save them, -- suburbs, a fair shot at a few fair skinnded females, but forget it on the southside unless your low to the ground -- rims don't even matter there.

addison_ii
08-12-05, 07:16 PM
bait, bait, bait.

Can be summed up in one word - 'bait'. Use it to your advantage -- .

Tell it, Tell it, Preach. Cadillacs are huge bait. In some towns a nice Cadillac equals major condom usage. A nice Caddy will get you just about anything you want within certain female groups. Add a nice knot in your pocket and you have potential baby mamas.:yup:

Ralph
08-12-05, 07:35 PM
YES THEY ARE!!!!!!! :highfive: :woohoo:

I buff my wax the EASY way! :bighead:

tru504187211
08-12-05, 07:49 PM
Add 2-3 females all in the back, and its even easier to catch more. Let's see how me and the president do tonight...

Stoneage_Caddy
08-13-05, 06:53 PM
nope , no girl has ever swooned because of my caddy , no compliments no nothing ...doesnt mean i dont catch people looking at it or who is driving it ....

now older women , say 40+ go crazy for it ...but its in a "wish i could get a caddy" way ....they hate the japanese made workaday 4 door they have to drive to work every day...thats what they get for looking at cars like they were appliances

if i wanted girls to swoon over my car id buy a 1991 Honda Accord , 4 door , automatic tranny, large wing , a fart tip , stock steel wheels and spinner hubcaps ....Im serious , girls love guys that drive those "things"....

Or if you really want chicks , sell your car ...girls love guys with no jobs and no transportation ....

I bought the caddy because i wanted it , i could give 2 shits less what others think of it ....I do whatever the hell i want to do , if some chick digs it then i will be cool with it ..otherwise they can take a flying leep for all i care...

ive known people that spent too much of there lives and money trying to impress the opposite sex ....it works well initially but all the drama that goes with the sort of attention garnerd isnt worth it to me...

megatron
08-13-05, 09:58 PM
YES,YES,YES!!! preach it stoneage_caddy!! I could not have put it better myself and I'am great with words to. I bought my '94 deville for the same reasons you did man,its about what I like and not what everyone else likes. I got my friends who call it "an old man's car" and such. But I simpy reply "well thats why its 11 years old and runs like or better than most new cars,and it does that bacause some "old man" drove it and diddn't beat the shit out of it from every stop light" Also these cars have much better build quality thank your average car does. these '94 devilles went for $40,000+ new and for that money you know these cars were built right and to a higher standard.

Stoneage_Caddy
08-13-05, 10:03 PM
I know ...drove a 2002 Trans Am the other day , had 23,000 on it , felt like it was going to fall apart on me ..its hard for me to belive cars were built like this at one time ...squeeks and rattles galore ....compared to that F body my 94 feels as solid as janet jacksons stomach

weister42
08-14-05, 08:50 PM
Well I'm 22 and still in college, I can say girls my age do dig my 98 Deville but a lot of them thinks of it as a "grandma" car that can't go anywhere fast and hogs on gas. Some of my guy friends also thinks my car is slow until last weekend when I finally gets to really drive my car(i.e. Chicago traffic), I have no problem passing anyone, 4 people in my car and still got 28.4 mpg...all the sudden everyone is saying how cool my car is.

Being the only one on campus with a Caddy, no one talks shiat about my car:lildevil:

OffThaHorseCEO
08-16-05, 05:21 PM
being 21 and pulling into the part time in a 2001 DeVille, while the store manager drives a mazda protege, definitely gets me props. i bet the store manager guy is alot closer to payin his car off and has a house and other growed people stuff tho, so as mentioned before, its assumed status.

i dont want this to come out wrong or anything, but i think younger people in nice cars get looked at more often than middleaged/older people in nice cars,

the first weekend i had the caddy i hit the hot spot, where people hang out and stuff, it was like that mike jones song (back then....). well this girl i hadnt seen in forever comes up and opens my door and sits down in the car with a beer and stuff tryin to be like hey boy wassap yadda yadda holla holla etc, im like wtf get that shit out of my car, noone is allowed to bring alcohol in here. and she said o so now you got a pimp car and you think youre a mack?

i said "sh*t i must be a mack got you comin tryin to sit in my car and sh*t"
she says "you aint a pimp your car is"
i said "shit how many old ass dudes you see everyday driving devilles, newer ones even, tons and tons, do you call them a pimp and try to get in the car with them and try to be like wassap, NO! im not mackin cause wat car im in, the car is mackin cause im in it."

Ralph
08-16-05, 05:25 PM
being 21 and pulling into the part time in a 2001 DeVille, while the store manager drives a mazda protege, definitely gets me props. i bet the store manager guy is alot closer to payin his car off and has a house and other growed people stuff tho, so as mentioned before, its assumed status.

i dont want this to come out wrong or anything, but i think younger people in nice cars get looked at more often than middleaged/older people in nice cars,

the first weekend i had the caddy i hit the hot spot, where people hang out and stuff, it was like that mike jones song (back then....). well this girl i hadnt seen in forever comes up and opens my door and sits down in the car with a beer and stuff tryin to be like hey boy wassap yadda yadda holla holla etc, im like wtf get that shit out of my car, noone is allowed to bring alcohol in here. and she said o so now you got a pimp car and you think youre a mack?

i said "shit how many old ass dudes you see everyday driving devilles, newer ones even, tons and tons, do you call them a pimp and try to get in the car with them and try to be like wassap, NO! im not mackin cause wat car im in, the car is mackin cause im in it."

LOL, please tell me you didn't kick her out of your car!!!???? :tisk:

addison_ii
08-16-05, 07:30 PM

"Back then didn't want you , now you got a lac and they all on you." You should've also told her. I am a mack. The car may be a Cadillac but I am the one that puts the h*es in the back. You really don't want me, you just wanna f*ck my car, but unless you giving up some endz or some @$$ this conversation aint going too far. Now either step up out my car, please or take your lips off the beer and drop down to your knees.:lildevil:

(just watched American Pimp) so my pimpjuices are flowing.

OffThaHorseCEO
08-17-05, 09:33 AM
LOL, please tell me you didn't kick her out of your car!!!???? :tisk:

yea i kicked her out, noone drinks in my car, i dont mind sodas etc, but theres somethin bout the stench of spilt alcohol i just cant stand.

i ended up gettin a call from a girl while that girl was gettin out and went and hung out at her house. this girl was much cooler even though shes not slutty whorish etc.

either way back on topic, cadillacs have been pimpin since pimpins been pimpin

ReagansRollsRoyce
08-17-05, 10:51 AM
I just graduated college, and, while I was a Wonder Bread boy at a Wonder Bread, rich college, people still liked my car, girls and guys. They mostly drove Bimmers, Volvos, and Saabs, but sometimes I would drive to the cafeteria and pass a group of girls, and it was priceless to overhear one say to another "that was a f---in awesome Caddy" as I passed. People always wanted to ride in it or would say what a beautiful car it was.

So even at a place where "mackin" and "pimpin" are not words used in everyday language, and there are more prep school window decals than rims, a big old Cadillac can still be a hit.

mjboone79
08-17-05, 06:38 PM
I must say, I bought my caddy cause I was looking for a car at 8 dealerships and ever since my 92 crown vic I cant stand smaller cars. The salesman offered me the caddy for $3,500 out the door. I had to take it. I dont regret it one bit. Younger chicks dont really care for it. My ex girl (24) kinda doubted it till she was in it and felt how fast it really can go. Next thing you know I had her in the FRONT seat, if ya know what I mean. Im 26 and most chicks my age like the caddy. The girl Im seeing now is younger (18) and bit of an enviormentalist, and with the rising gas prices its a "bad investment, kinda pimp, but still a bad investment"...whatever. She hasent even been in it yet. That veiw point will change. Anyway the most looks I get are from the dudes at the bus stop like "whats that white boy doin with a caddy??" I live near the hood sorta. haha Jealous f!ckers. Still the caddy does bring it to you. The pimp that is......

OffThaHorseCEO
08-17-05, 09:10 PM
thats another thing
we went cruisin when my uncle came from florida, and he followed right behind me. later i asked him if he got alot of attention cause he has an impala on spinner rims, not the crappy ones but the high end ones that are built with a certain rim, not just an add on kit. anyways he says yea but you got more attention, it was different attention tho, people would glance cause they hear bass from a caddy but they they would double take (assumingly) cause they see a young mexican in a deville.

i was like haha yea i get that alot, dont forget we're in johnston county NC

clutterking
08-17-05, 09:37 PM
My girl is 19, hates ricers and wants to buy a '94 or '95 Deville! Whatta keeper, huh? Oh, and she's very fine! :)

does she have a sister?

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-18-05, 01:59 AM
I know a lot of girls that like my stock '92 Sedan Deville, they all think its a pimpmobile!

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-18-05, 02:02 AM
I just hope if i get that 1994 Town Car i want, that the ladies like that as much as the Cadillac. I mean it just doesnt sound as cool to say that "I drive a Lincoln" as it does to say "I drive a cadillac" I love how girls' faces light up when you tell them you own a cadillac!

mikes93sedandeville
08-18-05, 06:37 PM
I have a 93 sedandeville and i live in a big city and it is quite poular with the ladies. Unfortunately my wife drives the car more than i do so maybe the car is getting her some men on the side idk lol. In the county/country areas caddys arent that big a deal as mainly the older generation own them but in the city it is considered a status symbol. where i live if you have a caddy you get attention. I have a 89 probe and the sound system in it blows my caddys away but i still get more attention in the caddy. Now when my probes flip up door kit arrives i will know for sure if the caddys legendary pimp status overrides a pimped out ride lol.

OffThaHorseCEO
08-19-05, 09:57 AM
I have a 93 sedandeville and i live in a big city and it is quite poular with the ladies. Unfortunately my wife drives the car more than i do so maybe the car is getting her some men on the side idk lol. In the county/country areas caddys arent that big a deal as mainly the older generation own them but in the city it is considered a status symbol. where i live if you have a caddy you get attention. I have a 89 probe and the sound system in it blows my caddys away but i still get more attention in the caddy. Now when my probes flip up door kit arrives i will know for sure if the caddys legendary pimp status overrides a pimped out ride lol.

no offense, but its a ford probe, theres nothing you can do to a probe to make it better than it cadillac, cause in the end its still

1) a ford
2) a probe

caddydaddy
08-19-05, 11:13 AM
Now when my probes flip up door kit arrives i will know for sure if the caddys legendary pimp status overrides a pimped out ride lol.

Lamborghini doors on a Probe? You've been watching too many episodes of "Pimp my ride". :histeric:

D148L0
08-19-05, 11:41 AM
This thread belongs to the Lounge.

OffThaHorseCEO
08-19-05, 11:41 AM
like i said before, i dont want you to take offense from my comment, although i cant speak for the other comment, i didnt mean any insult to your ford probe, but, cmon, youre comparin it to a caddy, CAD-IL-LAC

mccombie_5
08-19-05, 02:39 PM
Re: Cadillacs as Babe Magnets?~?~?

Both my sons seem to think so :sneaky: not that i would know :halo:

pimpallacz
07-18-06, 09:43 PM
yeah, I've got lots of compliments and stuff, lots of people asking to ride in it/drive it. It should be Cadillac's new slogan. hahaha "Cadillac, there's lots of trunk space, but that's to carry all the girls."

caddeville
07-18-06, 10:26 PM
Every bloody person that sees my 87 deville, says, "nice pimp moble", or "your dad is going to be a grandpa before your 18". It gets annoying, but don't blame them, wire wheels, lots of chrome, and flake paintjob, dunno, lol. I wonder what ppl in my school gonna think, all them whigger ***s who wear thier pants on thier ass, and probably driver thier daddies BMW, or an 85 civic with fart can. Also, why do girls dig hondas, and mustangs? My caddy sounds WWAAAAAY nicer than a mustang, and is WAAAAYYY more comfortable than a mustang of honda. Any caddy for that matter. Other than everything, everyone really likes my car, it gets ALOT of attention, even when parked on private property, dunno how the hell ppl find out.

Kimura-sensei
07-18-06, 11:00 PM
Caddy as a babe magnet? Not in Long Island... BMW and Mercedes are dime a dozen here, Caddy's are seen more for old folks... Girls are more for the expensive sports cars... porsche, ferrari, etc.

c5 rv
07-19-06, 07:17 AM
I wouldn't think late DeVilles would do anything for the ladies, but my wife has been bugging me non-stop for about a week to replace my Denali with one. She doesn't want to hear any talk about a Seville, another CTS, Eldorado, Monte Carlo, any other car, or keeping my truck. She's fixated on the DeVille. Frankly, the look of the late DeVille doesn't really float my boat and I'm going to be driving the car, but she's keeping up the pressure.

JRau
10-23-06, 07:57 PM
C'mon, I'm 45, married with 3 boys (16, 14, 11). No time to cruise the strip, no time (nor desire--happily married) to pick up chicks. Mine's all stock and very clean, so I get lots of compliments from all ages, male and female, and from every economic and age group. It's kinda funny having black leathered Harley riders compliment my ride as well as the country club set.

Interesting thread--you young ones have all the fun...

JRau

Scandalous
04-29-07, 03:33 PM
It seems to me to be more a ghetto thing to me. I bagged MAD females when i was in detroits ghetto, but now that i moved to an oil field town in utah, i get less looks than the rednecc in the beat ass jacced up chevy. my old lady still wont let me take it to salt lake, or any town with a large blacc or hispanic population, she knows i tend to like my girls a lil darker anyway

Benzilla
04-30-07, 12:12 AM
You make a good point, it has tons to do with where in the country you are. In Michigan and most of the well developed north-east as a whole, they go ape shit for a clean rust free older Cadillac... or any car for that matter. The other day two younger guys from Chicago were down to visit relation, and I was out in the yard so they stopped and asked me about my cars. They said to find caddies as clean as mine in Chicago might cost $12,000 a pop.

Here in the mid south, it seems to be split 50/50. Some think Cadillacs are by far on the top of the food chain, others would much rather be seen in a rusted Camaro IROC or perhaps a nice dull red pickup.

Personally, it varies by car for me. My 1990 dark blue Brougham gets most attention from 25 and younger guys, or 50 & older women, or the occasional young southern bell who thinks I should get a "pimp grille" and some 24s.

Girls that are old enough to watch and know about mob media go for my coupes. The younger ones (16-25) think if I drive a Coupe deVille, I'm a gangster. And they like that I work on old cars.

25-35 seems to vary greatly, some think the cars are "pretty", others go for a responsible Toyota type guy.

Now, I love the reaction I get from the 35-50 year old set in the Phaeton. they go wild. Their old enough to remember when a good looking guy in a big Caddy coupe was really something to be dealt with. I've been called a playboy, wiseguy, lady-killer, all that stuff. And you don't get too much of that pimp daddy shit either, with the older dames. They see it as more refined than that. And to them I'm young enough to be a boy toy piece of meat... I have fun.

So there's my observations, I thought I already posted here but I guess not. Now I'll shut up before I rival night wolf. :D

Adam
04-30-07, 11:56 AM
Here in the mid south, it seems to be split 50/50. Some think Cadillacs are by far on the top of the food chain, others would much rather be seen in a rusted Camaro IROC or perhaps a nice dull red pickup.

You couldn't have got any more truthful with that statement. Some people just drool all over my Caddies. Other's "Yeah they are nice but I'd rather have a Chevy." It's just how a lot of people were raised around here. We were raised as Cadillacs are the best. Some of my friends were raised "Cadillac is just a rebadged Chevy with leather."