: 96 Seville, Check Engine Light, New owner?

basmster
11-16-03, 07:19 PM
Help... I recently purchased a beautiful 96 Seville that just reuns perfectly. As soon as the car turned 63k miles (to the tenth) the service engine soon light came on. The car still runs excellent, and the light will go off, but then soon returns. And a message scrolls across the Info center saying Service engine soon. How do I retrieve these codes and what is the best manual to get for the car? I've read other posts that say press the off button and up down button, but I have no Idea what buttons your talking about... There are many buttons on my dash. Please help. Thanks, Ross

elwesso
11-16-03, 11:08 PM
Press OFF and WARMER until the lights turn on, and it will scroll through the codes.... Plenty of website here to determine what they mean....

Best (and only, IMO) manual to get is the FACTORY SERVICE MANUAL from www.helminc.com..

basmster
11-17-03, 07:44 PM
Thanks for the info, but I dont have a warmer button. I have a dial that increased and decreases the temp. ???????????????????????

elwesso
11-17-03, 08:10 PM
Sorry, brainfart!!!

Check out this site: http://209.145.176.7/~090/awh/toc.html

Im not exactly sure how to do it, but im nearly positive its there!!

tgs2101
11-17-03, 08:12 PM
I just figured this out tonight. The WARMER button seems to be the up arrow for the passenger temp control. This is what I pressed with the OFF button, to get the codes to come up.

The only thing I can't figure out now is how to answer the question marks. For example, it asked me if I wanted to erase the history. I didn't know which button meant YES.

Hope this helps.

basmster
11-17-03, 10:52 PM
Thanks, I found that site last night, but still couldnt find out what the warmer button was. I'll try the passenger up key tomorrow night. I'll be back if it doesnt work. Thanks again... Ross