: What about PERFORMANCE???

afg350ci
08-10-05, 05:09 PM
Why is it that noone offers any performance mods for the SRX?

I just witnessed the installation of a Stillen Supercharger, headers, and cat back exhaust on an FX35 that dyno rated at 395 horses and doesn't void the warranty.

Is there anything available for V6 or V8 SRX's??

If it exists for the CTS, does it fit the SRX?

If it exists (from factory) for the STS with the V8, why not the SRX?

Talk to me guys.

Also, I found a place that makes an air intake and exhaust kit, but no specs. Has anyone ever heard of them?

http://www.kazadainc.com

I found them through the SEMA website.

john d
08-10-05, 05:37 PM
Why is it that noone offers any performance mods for the SRX?

I just witnessed the installation of a Stillen Supercharger, headers, and cat back exhaust on an FX35 that dyno rated at 395 horses and doesn't void the warranty.

Is there anything available for V6 or V8 SRX's??

If it exists for the CTS, does it fit the SRX?

If it exists (from factory) for the STS with the V8, why not the SRX?

Talk to me guys.

Also, I found a place that makes an air intake and exhaust kit, but no specs. Has anyone ever heard of them?

http://www.kazadainc.com (http://www.kazadainc.com/)

I found them through the SEMA website.

Wish there were some goodiies I could tell you about but seems there just are not enough SRX's for an off the shelf kit to be produced by those guys who make such toys.
Check out my trials and tribulations in the thread "0-60 V8 awd" (if you haven't already) on this forum because the SRX has the throttle, timing, fuel, torque and HP limited by the PCM/ECM. Therefore, any power enhancing add-on's may be useless unless you can find a way to take the shackles off the PCM which most likly blow away the warranty.

afg350ci
08-10-05, 06:36 PM
Wish there were some goodiies I could tell you about but seems there just are not enough SRX's for an off the shelf kit to be produced by those guys who make such toys.
Check out my trials and tribulations in the thread "0-60 V8 awd" (if you haven't already) on this forum because the SRX has the throttle, timing, fuel, torque and HP limited by the PCM/ECM. Therefore, any power enhancing add-on's may be useless unless you can find a way to take the shackles off the PCM which most likly blow away the warranty.

I did read the "0-60 V8 AWD" and truly feel for you. I would recommend that noone take their car for that update.

My question, would the factory supercharger for the STS-V work on the SRX V8 (even if it does void the warranty)? I wonder who we can refer that to.

john d
08-11-05, 12:43 AM
Looks like a simple hang on blower for the SRX isn't enough. I had reeserched NOS but was told the 10.5 compression was too high .. SC or NOS would blow the pistons throught the oil pan or the heads throught the hood...or both!

February STS-V announcement: The Northstar engine gets the expected changes and upgrades demanded by this supercharging. This includes increased cooling flow within a reinforced block, oil-cooled pistons with a reduced 9.0:1 compression ratio, stronger rods, and a bore reduction from 93 millimeters to 91, reducing displacement from 4.6 to 4.4 liters for improved fuel economy.

To make the most of the supercharger's forced feeding, the Northstar SC, as it's called, also gets a low-restriction intake and exhaust system and Extrude Hone exhaust ports (imagine a really thick and highly abrasive toothpaste forced through the ports to smooth any rough edges).

http://www.caranddriver.com/assets/image/12282004152627.jpgAll of this adds up to 440 horsepower at 6400 rpm and 430 pound-feet of torque at 3600 rpm. That's a useful 120-hp improvement over the standard STS V-8, but it doesn't exactly set new standards for the class. The R versions of the Jaguar S-type and XJ have 390 ponies. The Audi RS 6 had 450 horses. The Mercedes E55 has 476 horsepower. And the upcoming BMW M5 will have 500.

Still, this is enough power to keep the STS-V competitive, especially as it is coupled to a brand-new six-speed automatic transmission, the GM 6L80. With a 6.00 ratio spread between first and sixth gears, this transmission should be able to fully exploit the blown engine's broad torque curve while delivering decent fuel economy. The transmission also provides for manual gear selection as well as Cadillac's excellent Performance Algorithm Shifting, which makes the transmission feel at home on tracks and winding roads.

To match the 38-percent power increase, the STS-V gets numerous chassis changes. The front and rear cradles are reinforced. The engine is lowered to provide clearance for the larger transmission. The front and rear springs and the anti-roll bars are stiffer by 10 to 20 percent, along with much stiffer compression damping in the monotube Sachs shock absorbers. Even the steering gear was changed to a slightly quicker ratio to improve responsiveness.

afg350ci
08-11-05, 09:18 AM
Looks like a simple hang on blower for the SRX isn't enough. I had reeserched NOS but was told the 10.5 compression was too high .. SC or NOS would blow the pistons throught the oil pan or the heads throught the hood...or both!

February STS-V announcement: The Northstar engine gets the expected changes and upgrades demanded by this supercharging. This includes increased cooling flow within a reinforced block, oil-cooled pistons with a reduced 9.0:1 compression ratio, stronger rods, and a bore reduction from 93 millimeters to 91, reducing displacement from 4.6 to 4.4 liters for improved fuel economy.

To make the most of the supercharger's forced feeding, the Northstar SC, as it's called, also gets a low-restriction intake and exhaust system and Extrude Hone exhaust ports (imagine a really thick and highly abrasive toothpaste forced through the ports to smooth any rough edges).

http://www.caranddriver.com/assets/image/12282004152627.jpgAll of this adds up to 440 horsepower at 6400 rpm and 430 pound-feet of torque at 3600 rpm. That's a useful 120-hp improvement over the standard STS V-8, but it doesn't exactly set new standards for the class. The R versions of the Jaguar S-type and XJ have 390 ponies. The Audi RS 6 had 450 horses. The Mercedes E55 has 476 horsepower. And the upcoming BMW M5 will have 500.

Still, this is enough power to keep the STS-V competitive, especially as it is coupled to a brand-new six-speed automatic transmission, the GM 6L80. With a 6.00 ratio spread between first and sixth gears, this transmission should be able to fully exploit the blown engine's broad torque curve while delivering decent fuel economy. The transmission also provides for manual gear selection as well as Cadillac's excellent Performance Algorithm Shifting, which makes the transmission feel at home on tracks and winding roads.

To match the 38-percent power increase, the STS-V gets numerous chassis changes. The front and rear cradles are reinforced. The engine is lowered to provide clearance for the larger transmission. The front and rear springs and the anti-roll bars are stiffer by 10 to 20 percent, along with much stiffer compression damping in the monotube Sachs shock absorbers. Even the steering gear was changed to a slightly quicker ratio to improve responsiveness.
Good point. Oh well, I guess we keep waiting for the SRX-V if it ever comes out. I'm considering trading for a CTS-V in a couple of years. There's supposed to be a new one coming out in 2007. Basically just sheetmetal changes and maybe some revisions to the existing power plant. We'll see what happens from now till then.

syrob@MSN.COM
08-11-05, 10:16 AM
Any chance of variable displacement on the V-8 for 2007 ?

SYROB

b4z
08-11-05, 11:24 AM
Talk of a 3.6L Direct Injection V6 with 305 hp.
An SRX with that engine and 18" wheels, 255s up front and 275s out back with
high quality shock absorbers would be a sweet package.
Throw in the new 6sped auto and it would be as quick as the current V8.
maybe a few tenths quicker.

Package
08-11-05, 01:06 PM
I am so fed up waiting for the Corsa system to become avaliable for the SRX I am going to a specialty exhaust shop near my home and will have them work up a system for me. That !#@!%#@ Corsa system was being blown up my skirt by my salesman when I bought our V8 AWD nine months ago.:brutal:

I am also going to a local tuning shop to speak to them about tuning the SRX. If they can do something I will have it done and just go back to them to have the stock tune reinstalled before I go to the dealer for any warranty work that involves the motor.

I guess the thing that annoys me the most is GM builds a "performance" crossover with a V8 and other goodies then de-tunes your ride and on top of that you can not even buy the items listed in their accessory catalog that was distributed almost 18 months ago !!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

afg350ci
09-01-05, 09:38 AM
A recent google search brought up this article from Motortrend about SEMA 2004 and an SRX Sport:

Cadillac SRX Sport

Cadillac infuses more excitement into its polished SRX with the Sport concept. A precursor to a production parts offering, the SEMA-ized Sport model on display featured a more dramatic exterior with aggressive front and rear fascias, grille, and 20-inch wheels. Underhood, the 330-horsepower Northstar V-8 is covered with carbon fiber. Performance is nudged by a Corsa cat-back performance exhaust system and V -Series Brembo brake system with drilled rotors. Inside, this SRX features a Kenwood DVD navigation system with Bose 5.1 Surround Sound, Visualogic headrest monitors, and rear seat XBox gaming system. Look for these and other Cadillac accessories to arrive at dealers, backed by the full manufacturer 5-year/60,000 mile warranty.

57TBird
10-19-05, 02:53 PM
I hate to resurrect an old thread, but has anyone considered...

Take the intake, supercharger, and intercooler for an STS-V or XLR-V and bolt them onto your Northstar SRX. That would be as close to an "off-the-shelf" aftermarket supercharger as we're ever going see.

You probably will need to add the injectors and fuel pump from the V, and swap out the computers, but it may be do-able, as the block and heads are essentially the same.

Note: I know the V's have beefed up internals, 4.4l displacement, and less cylinder compression, but I think the block and heads are very similar. If anyone can confirm this, please chime in.

You might also make sure you're pullied for a few less PSI of boost and use one or two step colder spark plugs to avoid detonation.

I would imagine you could get in the 400 HP range with this setup.

The other option would be to take the complete drivetrain and computer from a V, and drop it in, but that goes way beyond "bolt on".

Is this worth looking into, or just a pipe dream?

afg350ci
01-05-07, 09:59 AM
As an update, I'm sure that everyone here knows that the SRX Sport Package is finally available from Cadillac. Unfortunately, it includes ABSOLUTELY NO performance upgrades. You can either get it with the 18" or 20" wheels, but the suspension, intake, exhaust, and engine remain stock.

This is the 20" Sport Package:

20" Wheel Sport Package, includes Performance Package, door sill plate cover, Sport grille, dual chrome exhaust tips, front and rear Sport fascias, chrome luggage rack, 20" polished aluminum wheels, P255/50R20 RS tires, limited slip differential, Xenon High-Intensity Discharge headlamps and headlamp washer system

Very sad.

c5 rv
01-05-07, 12:11 PM
Why are there no performance mods for the SRX? As my adult children say, "Daaaad, it's a station wagon!"

FarEast
01-05-07, 01:27 PM
Why are there no performance mods for the SRX? As my adult children say, "Daaaad, it's a station wagon!"

Maybe... because... according to GM...

The maximum engine torque for 5L50-E transmission is 311 lb-ft. and...
The stock 4.6 liter Northstar torque is 315 lb-ft at 4400 rpm.
Something tells me that improving stable by bolting on various blowers may lead to a premature death of a very expensive transmission. Point me please where I'm wrong :hide:

P.S. The new 2007 6-speed Hydra-Matic 6L50 has a whopping 4 lb-ft improvement in the max engine torque department.
Now it matches the engine torque at 315 lb-ft. Here is the link to a press release:
http://media.gm.com/servlet/GatewayServlet?target=http://image.emerald.gm.com/gmnews/viewmonthlyreleasedetail.do?domain=3&docid=26420