: Polarizing Effects; "Dukes of Hazzard"

powerglide
08-10-05, 03:59 PM
It appears that the movie is driving Charger ''sales" on one hand:

"NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - Interest in the movie "The Dukes of Hazzard" is driving interest in the new four-door version of the Dodge Charger, judging by traffic numbers from CNN.com automotive partner Edmunds.com."

http://www.cnn.com/2005/AUTOS/funonwheels/08/09/charger_hazzard_uptick/index.html

While inspiring terrorists to spill their beans when used as a torture device on the other:

"Aug. 9, 2005 - Human rights groups around the world cried foul today amid reports that the movie version of "The Dukes of Hazzard" is being used by interrogators at the U.S. detention center in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8885198/site/newsweek/

Good stuff......any publicity is good publicity as they say!

Adumb
08-10-05, 10:46 PM
off topic, but i went and saw that movie, not bad at all. it seems wierd that with the movie coming out and it being an up to date version, and the new charger coming out that they didnt use a new charger... for marketing or something. i like the original 69 wwaaayyyyyy better anyway.

Ralph
08-11-05, 12:46 AM
My cousins' friend worked on the set of that movie, and apparently Jessica is quite the complainer....... :rolleyes2 ("These hotpants are too tight!")

The new Charger is completely different than the old one and I guess it's the name that sells..

Adumb
08-11-05, 02:09 PM
really? jessica, a complainer? we must be talking about 2 different jessicas. haha

Playdrv4me
08-11-05, 02:36 PM
Complain? Hmm... She didnt complain when I.... oh... I guess I cant tell that story here... :p

DeVillish
08-11-05, 03:09 PM
...then you woke up right... :nyanya: i wonder if she ever figured out the whole chicken and tuna thing.

Ralph
08-11-05, 11:53 PM
I wouldn't go to any movie she was in just because of what I heard! She supposedly also refused to even flush her own toilets!! :cookoo: (in her trailer, etc.)

Talk about spoiled!

Adumb
08-12-05, 12:26 AM
yeah, shes not a very good actress. all the characters were very embellished, but what do you except?

Kev
08-12-05, 12:26 AM
I wouldn't go to any movie she was in just because of what I heard! She supposedly also refused to even flush her own toilets!! :cookoo: (in her trailer, etc.)

Talk about spoiled!I wouldn't take any of the gossip you hear about celebs too seriously. I'd be surprised if there is 10% truth there.
Truth be known most of them are somewhat spoiled. Who cares what she is really like anyway? It's not like any of us here have a chance to find out in person.
http://cdn-channels.netscape.com/gallery/i/s/simpson4/20050305_war_l90_157.jpg
She's easy on the eyes and let's face it boys, she's got a figure that makes Natasha Henstridge look like a pre-pubescent adolescent! :hide: :suspense:
:leaving:

addison_ii
08-12-05, 12:27 AM
...then you woke up right... :nyanya: i wonder if she ever figured out the whole chicken and tuna thing.

Geez guys, well it did say "Chicken of the Sea".:histeric: She should have gotten a :thepan: from Nick.

Ralph
08-12-05, 12:37 AM
:bomb: