: astrallac

Adumb
08-09-05, 07:08 PM
i saw an astro van today in orlando with a cadillac grille and rims, ill put pics up when i get home.

slk230mb
08-09-05, 08:10 PM
I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

Stoneage_Caddy
08-09-05, 09:41 PM
This is a pretty rare find indeed , very rare ..from what im told only 5 were built by GM ....there were some concerns that Cadillac Dealers didnt have a Cadillac Vehicle to drive customers home in. They needed a van, so GM built 5 very speical Chevy Astro vans with Cadillac styleing cues in the same manner as we saw ont he first escalades. All built to see what effect this may have ont he customers and to gauge how popular a "Cadillac Minivan". Never the less to say the van never made it much further , common thought was these were all destoryed ...

All got the 200hp Vortec V6 (and the rest of the entire drivetrain from the AWD olds bravada), a soft ride suspension and a very elegant leather interior with many options that are just now arriving on minivans as standard equipment...

Some of the lessons leanred would later go into the AWD Chevy Astro and GMC Safari ...The interior and its options later came out on the Olds Siloette Premier edition with the DVD player int he back (the Caddy van had VHS)

Adumb
08-09-05, 11:17 PM
here are some pics. low quality, cuz they are off my phone. i had no clue about cadillac trying out any vans. i thought this was something someone did by themselves.

Kev
08-09-05, 11:27 PM
This is a pretty rare find indeed , very rare ..from what im told only 5 were built by GM ....there were some concerns that Cadillac Dealers didnt have a Cadillac Vehicle to drive customers home in. They needed a van, so GM built 5 very speical Chevy Astro vans with Cadillac styleing cues in the same manner as we saw ont he first escalades. All built to see what effect this may have ont he customers and to gauge how popular a "Cadillac Minivan". Never the less to say the van never made it much further , common thought was these were all destoryed ...

All got the 200hp Vortec V6 (and the rest of the entire drivetrain from the AWD olds bravada), a soft ride suspension and a very elegant leather interior with many options that are just now arriving on minivans as standard equipment...

Some of the lessons leanred would later go into the AWD Chevy Astro and GMC Safari ...The interior and its options later came out on the Olds Siloette Premier edition with the DVD player int he back (the Caddy van had VHS)Woah! Somethin don't set right here!
http://s7.imagehosting.us/uploadpoint/imagehosting_upload_storage/user_10116/T0_10116_537485.jpg
My meter is climbing fast!

I doubt that Cadillac would use a panel van to drive customers around in...... :hmm:

majax
08-10-05, 02:24 AM
That is not the real thing.

Adumb
08-10-05, 10:34 AM
is stoney full of s... i mean lying? lol

Kev
08-10-05, 03:28 PM
is stoney full of s... i mean lying? lolI wouldn't say he is lying. He might be teasing us with a joke but not lying. Not Stoney.
Right Stoney? Stoney? Right?

Stoneage_Caddy
08-10-05, 05:14 PM
exactly ....just playing ...wanted to see if i could get a "bite" on it.... LOL

i sure redlined the bullshit meter

Kels55
08-10-05, 05:45 PM
i saw an astro van today in orlando with a cadillac grille and rims, ill put pics up when i get home.

I saw an Astro Van in Orlando once that was done up like the A-Team van (running boards, bush guard, fog lights, spoiler and paint job). It had an incredible likeness to the real thing, but knowing it was an Astro Van made it not very cool.

Adumb
08-10-05, 09:39 PM
exactly ....just playing ...wanted to see if i could get a "bite" on it.... LOL

i sure redlined the bullshit meter

when i was reading the reply, you had me going a little bit, with all the specs, sounding official and everything, but the 'common thought was they were all destroyed' got me questioning it a little. haha, good one.

... but seriously.... an astrallac, id love to tour in a band in one of those.