: Banco Central Fortaleza robbery

ben72227
08-09-05, 06:28 PM
Brazil's largest bank robbery ever, and possible the 2nd largest in the world...:

On the weekend of the 6 August and 7 August 2005 an unknown gang of robbers tunnelled in to the Banco Central bank in Fortaleza and removed five containers of 50 real notes, with an estimated value of 150 million reals ($65m). The robbers managed to evade or disable the bank's internal alarms and sensors, so the robbery remained undiscovered until the bank opened for business on the Monday morning.

The gang of robbers rented an empty property in the centre of the city three months earlier, then tunnelled 200 m (656 ft) under two city blocks to a position beneath the bank. The robbers disguised their activities by establishing the front of a business making artificial turf. Neighbours, who estimated that the gang comprised of between six and ten men, described how they had seen vanloads of soil being removed daily, but understood this was the normal activity of the business.

On the final weekend, the gang broke through several metres of reinforced concrete to enter the bank vault. The bank notes would have weighed approximately 3.5 tonnes and so required a considerable amount of time and effort to remove.

Boombotz
08-09-05, 07:17 PM
Damn!!!!! Now thats the way to do it. Nobody got hurt and they got what they wanted. I wonder if any of them will buy a Caddy now that they have all that money.:bouncy:

addison_ii
08-09-05, 07:31 PM
Damn!!!!! Now thats the way to do it. Nobody got hurt and they got what they wanted. I wonder if any of them will buy a Caddy now that they have all that money.:bouncy: Not advocating robbery but those were my thoughts exactly. (Well not the Caddy part). Pure genius.

Playdrv4me
08-09-05, 07:49 PM
Yeeeehaaw!!

Heh... thats gonna make a great movie.

slk230mb
08-09-05, 09:09 PM
Damn!!!!! Now thats the way to do it. Nobody got hurt and they got what they wanted. I wonder if any of them will buy a Caddy now that they have all that money.:bouncy:

Look for the Escalade with a XLR in tow...

addison_ii
08-09-05, 09:15 PM
Look for the Escalade with a XLR in tow...

Well on your way to your undisclosed location, please drop off a new Cadillac of your choice to me in Minnesota. I'm not picky as to which model and you don't have to come to the Twin Cities. You can just cross the state line and drop it off in a well lit parking lot. Call me with location where you dropped it and where you put the keys. I'll find it. Thanks kind sir.:histeric:

airbalancer
08-09-05, 09:28 PM
I was in Fortaleza , unbelieveable 500 miles beachs, also it was like 10 women for every guy!It was very hot and dry

Boombotz
08-09-05, 09:49 PM
Well on your way to your undisclosed location, please drop off a new Cadillac of your choice to me in Minnesota. I'm not picky as to which model and you don't have to come to the Twin Cities. You can just cross the state line and drop it off in a well lit parking lot. Call me with location where you dropped it and where you put the keys. I'll find it. Thanks kind sir.:histeric:

Me Too!!! I am picky though and would like the XLR, being I already have the Lade. I'll say thank you in advance just in case any of the robbers are members on this forum.

Stoneage_Caddy
08-09-05, 10:44 PM
unbelieveable 500 miles beachs, also it was like 10 women for every guy!
sounds like .....my new home......now to get a plane ticket