Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Original HID lights not level

5K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  myATS 
#1 ·
I have a '13 ATS premium with the swivel / auto level HID headlights. Occasionally the passenger headlight will be higher than the driver side and shines up. I have to turn the car off for the headlights to level to normal. Cadillac replaced both headlights. The headlights are still having trouble leveling and the passenger side tends to be higher than the driver side from time to time. Anyone else have this problem? Causes?

#3 ·
Cadillac replaced both headlights after they tried insulting my intelligence and adjusted the headlight with a screwdriver. They know of only a few cars in the country with this problem. Supposedly, engineers are stumped and will be sending one down to look at my car. My BMW never had this problem....

#4 ·
That's good news that they are actually sending somebody to look at the issue. I have asked CCS, and a GM rep to have them send somebody to my house but they refuse, so I basically just gave up. I am at the point where I would prefer the calibration dance to be turned off.

#5 ·
Hello Lmanaro,

I understand unexpected vehicle concerns can be disheartening and I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. If you would like to further discuss your situation, please feel free to send me a private message that includes your full contact information, VIN, current mileage and dealership name and location. I am more than happy to create a case in our system that documents your concerns and comments which can be accessed by multiple departments at General Motors.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

#8 ·
Hi myATS,

I can understand how frustrating this concern with your headlights could be and I apologize for any inconvenience it has caused. Have you contacted your dealership regarding this issue? If you would like to PM me your VIN, mileage, and contact information I can research this and contact a dealership on your behalf.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Austin J.
Cadillac Customer Care

----------

I knew this didn't look right. I have the same problem with the passenger side headlight. Have to shut the car down and restart to get it to level back down. I'm taking it in soon for service, cant't wait to hear what they tell me about the light.
Hello Limitedslip5150,

I am sorry you have been dealing with these headlight issues and I am glad you plan on taking it in for service. Hopefully, the dealership can resolve your concerns, but if you feel you require additional assistance please feel free to PM me and we can discuss any additional questions you may have.

Have a great night,

Austin J.
Cadillac Customer Care

#14 ·
Hello,

I do know that there may be an update that the dealership can perform on your vehicle. I would be happy to check into this further with you and your dealership if you are experiencing this concern. Please feel free to private message us if you would like to make an appointment and have me speak with them further about this concern. Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care

#15 ·
Gregory, that fix does not apply to the specific issue we are experiencing in this thread. The fix you are referring to is - 13196A which is a fix for "Right or Left low beam failure dic message" with the AFS system. I have had that update applied over the air with ONSTAR and also re-applied again at the dealership. To this day, I am still having the headlight alignment issues.

#16 ·
I was starting to think I was the only one. My 2013 has been in service 3 times now for the issue. The first time, they did a software update. The second time they replaced the passenger headlight, and this time (car is currently in service) they are replacing the driver side headlight. Every time I see the fault code I take a picture of it so they don't think I'm crazy. I also pull into a garage or near a wall so I can show that the cut-off line isn't even from left beam to right beam. After both headlights being replaced, I feel like I won't be as pleasant to deal with if they misalign again :crying2:

#17 ·
Hi CRW7096,

I am sorry you have experienced these difficulties in resolving your headlight concerns and I can see how frustrating it would be. I know your vehicle is currently at the dealership, but if you would like an additional layer of assistance in working with the dealership, I would be happy to contact them on your behalf. If you would like me to do so, please PM me your VIN, mileage, dealership, and contact information.

Have a great day,

Austin J.
Cadillac Customer Care

#19 ·
Had the software update done last week, and would you know last night I get in after work and the passenger side light is pointing into the trees. I'm going to have to go back in and get it check, problem is I have little time with work and a newborn at home.
Side note: They gave me a 2013 CTS, that looked to be almost fully loaded. Great car, you could really feel the weight, but man that 3.6 at WOT sounded awesome.

#20 ·
Hi Limitedslip5150,

I apologize that the software update did not resolve the headlight issue that you are experiencing. I understand how busy you must be and would be happy to reach out to the dealership on your behalf to help setup a return appointment. Please send me a PM if you would like to discuss this further.

Have a great day,

Austin J.
Cadillac Customer Care

#21 ·
Has anyone experiencing this problem replaced their interior and/or backup lights with LEDs?

I ask because I noticed after upgrading the LEDs in my car I started having this problem. I ended up needing to replace the backup LEDs with different ones because they weren't bright enough. Since doing that, I've noticed the problem went away. I can only assume the LEDs I was using was creating some kind of RF interference affecting the computer.

If you did upgrade the LEDs in your car, it may be worthwhile putting the original incandescent lights back in to test if this fixes the problem. Hope this helps!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.