: Help! I have a 1997 Concours(traction c) I would love to know where this wire goes??

jimg
11-16-03, 07:53 AM
Hi , I have had some great help from this Forum on my engine replacement. Thanks! Now it is running great but, I could not remember where this wire goes. It is a whip ,about 4 foot long(two wires blue and yellow, covered with black wire mold,that come out of the main anti-lock brake harness (located in front left lower side of engine compartment) I beleive it is for traction control, but not sure? I have looked at both front wheel senors and they seemed to be pluged in. thanks for your help! jim g

epanightmare
11-17-03, 07:48 PM
Hi , I have had some great help from this Forum on my engine replacement. Thanks! Now it is running great but, I could not remember where this wire goes. It is a whip ,about 4 foot long(two wires blue and yellow, covered with black wire mold,that come out of the main anti-lock brake harness (located in front left lower side of engine compartment) I beleive it is for traction control, but not sure? I have looked at both front wheel senors and they seemed to be pluged in. thanks for your help! jim g
some of the options I can think of ..

1. this wire could go to the right cooling fan but i dont think this is it because the wire color code is different usually orange and black.

2. If the connector is a small, white or gray, oval shaped two wire connector it may be the extension harness for the wheel speed sensor. one end will be connected to the wss but if you look in the rear driver side of the engine bay behind the strut tower there should be a connector that it plugs into.

3. maybe the plug for the ac compressor

4. try looking under the plastic fuse panel cover to see if there is something that it could plug in to.

hope this helps......:bighead: EPAnightmare