: Which alternator? 94 Deville Concours

94CaddyConcours
03-24-14, 06:14 AM
I know this may belong in the electrical or DeVille section, but I trust the Northstar section that have guru like Sub and Ranger.
I'm on RockAuto and confuse on which alternator I need for my 1994 DeVille Concours. They have two option of alternator, one with heated windshield and one without. I have looked at my alternator connection and it has one wire for the main cable to battery and one for lamp?.
I prefer ACDelco and not sure which one I should get. Here is the Link: http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/x,carcode,1025312,parttype,2412
Symptom: low voltage, start at somewhere around 13.5 and drop in the low 12's. With headlight on, it go below 12's and headlight will start to flickers below 11 volts. Battery are no more than two years old. I have cleaned the cable and post on the battery also, but will clean the battery post tomorrow.

MoistCabbage
03-24-14, 06:22 AM
Do you have a heated windshield or not?

Submariner409
03-24-14, 06:23 AM
What I know about a 1994 Concours is about zip point zip........... But your post begs the question: Does your car have a heated windshield ? (original)

94CaddyConcours
03-24-14, 06:40 AM
That's the confusing part, I guess only heat for the windshied is from the heater. I don't recall any electircal wires attach to the windshield when I removed the dashboard.

MoistCabbage
03-24-14, 06:43 AM
If there is no heated windshield button on your IPC, and no harness coming off of your alternator with multiple connections (as pictured on RockAuto), then you don't have a heated windshield.

94CaddyConcours
03-24-14, 07:05 AM
That make sense, I've never seen a electric heated windshield button before, just the regular windshield button with arrow.

MoistCabbage
03-24-14, 07:07 AM
It was a rare option.