: 1999 deville - replaced water pump - running hot

stevealex
03-23-14, 12:22 PM
Replaced water pump on 1999 Cadillac DeVille,the old one only made a small noise ,all went well .put in proper orange
coolant 50\50.but its running hot..i was told to put coolant in from bottom??I filled radiator hoses then attached them
I then filled the tank let engine run and filled it as needed,but still running hot.( I put 1 jug of pure orange then filled
the jug with water and put in same as 50\50???)HELP!PLEASE.

Ranger
03-23-14, 10:27 PM
:welcome:

I don't know how you could put fluid in from the bottom :hmm:, but stop listening to whoever told you that crap. That's ridiculous. Fluid is added to the surge tank.

Check the purge line to be sure it is clear and flows coolant. If it's clear, close the system and rev the engine to about 3K and hold it for a few seconds to purge the system of air. You may have to top it off once or twice. Even after it seems full, check it again after the next 2-3 drives after it cools down and top off as necessary.

Submariner409
03-23-14, 10:37 PM
stevealex, Your CF account is activated. Welcome Aboard !!! Please use the Settings and profile tabs to update your profile to show your proper birth date, approximate location, car driven and time zone (Do you really live in London ?).

As advised, please do some searching for purge line, proper fill level and Northstar water pump drive tensioner pulley.