: Peter Jennings Dies at 67

Boombotz
08-08-05, 08:47 AM
MCF1000x2003 here is the thread you requested.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=1015438

Wow, not what I expected to read this morning.

slk230mb
08-08-05, 08:53 AM
Wow, not what I expected to read this morning.

:yeah:

Sandy
08-08-05, 09:20 AM
I THINK IT'S SAD.
I was pissed! On the Excite message bored (on purpose); some jerk wrote this:

"Another liberal wind bag croaks" I think it speaks volumes of the writer.

Boombotz
08-08-05, 09:45 AM
I THINK IT'S SAD.

Wow, I cant believe that someone would type that. No matter how you stand on political issues someone died. Very Wrong!!!!

ben72227
08-08-05, 01:41 PM
It just goes to show how dangerous cigarettes are. He hadn't even smoked since 1988, except for like one week following 9/11. Hopefully this will open more peoples eyes to how horrible cigarettes really are. He was my favorite Canadian news anchor EVER, I just don't know who will, who CAN?, replace him...:helpless:

Playdrv4me
08-08-05, 01:54 PM
Yup, despite his liberal views he was still one of the best at what he did, and he was still a good person. May he rest in peace.

majax
08-08-05, 02:11 PM
I actually saw him in person last year. Kind of odd to think and he seemed so healthy.

Playdrv4me
08-08-05, 04:48 PM
He really kind of put the final nail in the coffin of Network news. With his passing and the resignation of both Tom Brokaw and Dan Rather, the internet and cable news, the sun seems to have finally set on the Evening News.

This is Ian Nelson, Signing off.

addison_ii
08-08-05, 06:18 PM
I THINK IT'S SAD.

Some people are just incapable of respect. While I never got to meet him personally, I have seen him on television numerous times, and it is really messed up that he's gone. It seems like the people who were very praised and committed (TV/Movie/Radio landmarks)to what they were doing are passing away. (Luther Vandross, James Doohan, Gregory Hines, Ray Charles, Peter Jennings, Barry White, Little Milton) My prayers go out to his family.

ben72227
08-08-05, 06:40 PM
Yeah, its like when Mr.Rodgers died. I felt like all of the good in this world would dissapear, because he was such a saint:D

addison_ii
08-08-05, 07:53 PM
Yeah, its like when Mr.Rodgers died. I felt like all of the good in this world would dissapear, because he was such a saint:D
Yeah your right. I actually miss "Speedy Delivery", "King Friday", and it's a beautiful day in the neighborhood, it's a neighborly day in the beauty would you be mine, would you be mine. Ok enough now.

Ralph
08-08-05, 08:43 PM
He was my favorite Canadian news anchor EVER, I just don't know who will, who CAN?, replace him...:helpless:

How many could you have seen???

Lloyd Robertson does a good job but will likely be retiring soon..

Ralph
08-08-05, 09:39 PM
Here's a bit of a better article as it gets into his early years, etc....

http://www.cbc.ca/news/obit/jennings_peter/

Rolex
08-08-05, 10:25 PM
He really kind of put the final nail in the coffin of Network news. With his passing and the resignation of both Tom Brokaw and Dan Rather, the internet and cable news, the sun seems to have finally set on the Evening News.

My thoughts exactly. Jennings was the last of the trusted news anchors.

Stoneage_Caddy
08-08-05, 10:35 PM
i grew up watching jennings .....its really werid ....brokaw and rather were sometimes on but 90% of the time it was jennings that dad had on as we ate dinner everynight ...

i feel kinda old ....

ben72227
08-08-05, 11:38 PM
Jennings was by far the best, with only Cronkite (possibly) beating him out. Rather always seemed too old and worn out, and Brokaw had this...well, he kind of came off like he was super important, like "look at me, I'm Tom Brokaw.":rolleyes:

Elvis
08-08-05, 11:54 PM
Peter Jennings was no Howard K. Smith.

RIP. A life well lived.

RBraczyk
08-09-05, 03:08 AM
A great man dies.

So sad. Not what I was expecting to hear. Terrible news this is.