: rear windows fog up

91sdeville
11-15-03, 06:43 PM
hey guys its my first time on these forums. i've been reading around and everyone seems helpful for the most part. i have a 1991 sedan deville that i just bought recently for my first car. Yes i am 16 and i have a caddy for my first car. :yup: anyways i've been driving it around a lot lately and its getting colder out and the last couple days have been cold and wet and my rear windows fog up and for the life of me i can't get rid of it. I've tried cleaning the windows and adding the rain-x defogger and still no go. I also bought the car w/o a manual so i really am lost. if anyone could help me i'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks

Chris

elwesso
11-15-03, 11:43 PM
Is it inside or outside??? Either way, the rear defroster may be shot......

Elvis
11-15-03, 11:53 PM
Check for moisture in the carpet. You might have a leak somewhere.

If there's a way to manually override the climate control, try running the heat with the A/C compressor running. This will introduce dry air into the cabin and maybe take some of that moisture out.

Next time you have a dry, clear, sunny day, leave the car out in the sun with the rear windows cracked a couple of inches. Maybe that will take some of the moisture out.

Is this question in the right forum? Maybe this thread needs to be moved?

91sdeville
11-16-03, 06:41 PM
no the floor isn't wet so i don't think that their is moisture in the cabin. today it was about 40 or so out and it wasn't wet and they didn't fog up so i'm thinking maybe just when its fairly cold. ooh and also it fogs up from the inside