: Goodbye Volvo, Hello Cadillac.

djfcars
08-07-05, 11:09 PM
Just got our '05 SRX V-8 last week. I was so glad to get rid of our Volvo wagon. The Volvo was the worst car I have ever owned. Even the service manager agreed it was horrible. I bought it new in 1998, and just got rid of it with 55,000 miles on it.

Why did I buy Cadillac? The magazines rated it OK. I don't put much stock in magazine articles, I buy what I want. Also, my Chevy Avalanche has been flawless in the 2 1/2 years. It faired OK in those magazines also.

I also like the look of the Cadillac cars. The Japanese cars all look the same-ugly!

Djfcars

ntechnic
08-14-05, 07:47 AM
You'll be very happy. We have both an '05 CTS-V and an '05 SRX, although the SRX is a V6. My wife wanted something that got better mileage than her '03 Aviator. I loved the V8 SRX, but my wife's right, for our family the 6 is dead solid perfect.

I changed the engine and diff oil's at 1,500, and now at 2,000 miles, we haven't had a single problem. Car handles well (especially compared to SUV's or Volvos, sorry, I hate the way Volvos feel when driving). The look is great, the other night, weirdly, a resaurant valet moved a couple year old Rolls Royce from the "prime" parking spot and put our Sandstorm SRX there. It struck as funny when we came out. I'm not high on the status symbol thing...

The Ultraview is tops with passangers and the kids in the back seat. I have six people in my household (four adults and two kids, other adults are mother-in-law and college attending niece), and the kids are still small enough to fit in the third row.

My wife had driven truck based SUV's since our 1994 Explorer, it took her a few weeks to get used to being in a car based vehicle. But now I couldn't pry the SRX from her if I wanted to.

Enjoy!

BrettM
08-18-05, 01:23 AM
SRX's are awesome. We are constantly getting "looks" in ours while driving. Not to many around by us yet, and when people see them, they look and look, and then look some more. Especially when you are at a light and open the ultraview. Most people have never seen a sunroof that huge. SRX is BEST