: Ok computer genius!! I need you help please

customGTP
08-07-05, 02:23 PM
Hello all,
My project has even exceeded my knowledge and I now call upon the automotive computer people for some help.

This is not just computer reprogramming or stock computer modding.

I have a Holley Commander 950 stand alone computer system on my car right now AND IT WONT START!!!

The system originally cam from CHRFAB.com. I bought it used from a fiero guy that had a northstar in his vehicle. I have a laptop that is running the software for this setup.

However I am at the end of my patience and trying to learn on the fly...

I am looking for someone who has SOME knowledge more than I in aftermarket computer systems for fuel injected cars.

email me at soccrplayrgtp@aol.com
or AIM at soccrplayrgtp
phone 414-628-8728 call anytime

Thanx a ton everyone
Travis

danbuc
08-08-05, 04:23 AM
The first thing I would suggest would be to call CHRFab and ask them how to set it up (since they do it all the time). If they're no help, then try calling Holley, and see if they can give you some tips. Deos the engine crank? If it cranks but doesn't start, maybe it's not getting a signal from the crank or cam sensors. Or perhaps it is not firing the coil packs/plugs in the proper sequence. It could be any number fo things. It's really hard to tell without it sitting in front of me, as I can't tell exactly what's going on with it. As I said before, I would suggest contacting CHRFab first before you do anything else. They would definitely be able to help you (probably better than anyone here) as they deal with this stuff every day. Good Luck with the project. It has turned out extremely well thus far. Keep up the good work. :thumbsup:

eldorado1
08-09-05, 08:40 PM
I can help you....... The maps chrfab sends you are crap though. They'll get it running, but barely.

It's probably something simple like you forgot to hook up your fuel pump. :p

customGTP
08-10-05, 06:19 PM
eldo... YES still need the help, STILL not started.. lol no but I did just go pick up an MSD inline one :) get ahold of me tonight if you have the time. I'd apprciate it, info's up top.

thanx

customGTP
08-11-05, 01:32 AM
sure the 5min I was away from my phone. Ran in for TAco Bell and forgot my phone on the seat GRRRRRRRRRRR

call me back tomorrow :)

customGTP
08-11-05, 02:05 AM
what base map did you use?

eldorado1
08-11-05, 09:24 AM
sure the 5min I was away from my phone. Ran in for TAco Bell and forgot my phone on the seat GRRRRRRRRRRR

call me back tomorrow :)

ehhehe... I sent you an email..

customGTP
08-12-05, 01:17 AM
alright ill update you tomorrow!! today was a full day of work... grrr 6 days til im supposed to be in a car show... oh well I'd rather do it slow and right then fast and wrong.

customGTP
08-12-05, 01:27 AM
anyone know what the wire that has Mod a and Mod b runs?? CAUSE IT WAS CUT!!!!

so i was missing one of the pins into my serial adapter for the computer..

anyone

eldorado1
08-12-05, 11:06 AM
anyone know what the wire that has Mod a and Mod b runs?? CAUSE IT WAS CUT!!!!

so i was missing one of the pins into my serial adapter for the computer..

anyone

So the wires were to the serial cable? Ive never heard of this Mod a you're talking about...

customGTP
08-12-05, 11:55 AM
yeah.. the four prong connector, well on the computer side I only have three to the computer (male prongs inside) four. I am missing wire connector #4 with is ModA and ModB to the Computer into the computer A2 and A3 spots. Weird. Can you check yours to make sure I'm supposed to have it (I'm going off of the LS1 wiring diagram cause I dont have/wasnt offered an electrical diagram. I have an ECU pinout and it just says A2- ModA (laptop computer) and A3- ModB (laptop computer). Alos I dont have my tach, fan, or AC request wires hooked up.. Shouldnt matter cause I just wanted to get it running first but at this point i figure I woul ask cause im stumped.

thanx

ANY IDEAS?

eldorado1
08-12-05, 01:21 PM
Yeah, thinking about it, I kinda remember it only having 3 pins on the laptop side... I can't check because it's in a box somewhere.. So can you get it to communicate with the software, or not??

You're going to need it to, since it may be loaded with some funky file for a 350 or something.

customGTP
08-12-05, 03:01 PM
the wire inside of my connector is freyed and looks actually like it should have been there though... maybe its just me :(

eldorado1
08-12-05, 04:36 PM
okay then..... hook it back up and try using it :p

Worst case scenario, you either hard wire the two together, or order a new cable from holley, right?

customGTP
08-12-05, 10:36 PM
yeh thats the plan tomorrow...i used your base map ya sent me and all I got was a starter click...

maybe I froze my motor

eldorado1
08-12-05, 11:18 PM
Well computers don't have anything to do with the starter, so first, make sure you have the starter hooked up right....... It's got a battery terminal, and the smaller switched terminal. Also try putting a large wrench/socket/whatever on the crank bolt, and try turning it clockwise. It's possible the liners might be rusty if it was sitting out in the open with no plugs or something...

customGTP
08-13-05, 12:22 AM
if it is, is there something I can spray in there? or does that mean i have to have the cylinders rehoned

eldorado1
08-13-05, 10:24 PM
I guess it depends on how bad it is... It might just need a squirt of oil in the cylinders to save it... If they're rusted solid, you've got a problem... In the event it needed a headgasket before it was pulled, and one of the cylinders filled with coolant, then you've got a problem.

So does it turn or not? http://cadillacforums.com/forums/images/smilies/fryingpan.gif