: Muscle Spasms

Boombotz
08-07-05, 01:05 AM
Okay, Please help.... I have been working out a lot. Doing situps and you know the whole nine yards. Anyway since I have started I have gotten this spasm down my right side. It twitches and feels almost like when my daughter use to kick during pregnancy. This has been going on for the last 5 days and it is driving me crazy. Has anybody had this happen before, and what can I do to make it stop.

Kev
08-07-05, 01:15 AM
Make sure you warm up, stretch out and cool off when you work out. It's easier on your nerves. You also want to eat a well balanced diet, some nutritional deficiencies can cause you problems like you've described.

majax
08-07-05, 01:17 AM
We have all had it happen sometimes unknowingly. Be sure to eat well and get plenty of water your muscles are not getting enough nutrients or water and along with the lifting they have become stressed and therefore spasm. Be sure to stretch before and after any weight lifting, but I am sure you do? If you want a quick fix just ice the spasming muscles. A sports massage may help also.

Boombotz
08-07-05, 01:32 AM
Make sure you warm up, stretch out and cool off when you work out. It's easier on your nerves. You also want to eat a well balanced diet, some nutritional deficiencies can cause you problems like you've described.

O.k. thats the problem then. I eat when I have time and forget about stretching. I do some of my workout with a 19 month old sitting on me. I don't want to give up on working out though. So I guess I am going to have to try and eat better and drink more. This muscle is driving me crazy it is like never ending.

Kev
08-07-05, 01:34 AM
A sports massage may help also.Yeah! Especially the smelly ones like Ben-Gay, have Tom rub copious amounts on the offending areas!

Boombotz
08-07-05, 01:35 AM
LMAO:histeric: !!

Ralph
08-07-05, 01:44 AM
A heating pad, and I'm not kidding, magnesium pills! Magnesium and malic acid is involved in the production of energy in muscle cells, magnesium is a co-factor in cellular energy production. Magnesium has done wonders for my back with spasms!

Vitamen B-Complex, for improved circulation and cellular function, etc.

Muscle cramping is usually caused by imbalance of magnesium and calcium.....

Boombotz
08-07-05, 01:46 AM
That sounds easy enough. I'll have to get them.

Ralph
08-07-05, 01:54 AM
I always would prefer using a heating pad or a hot shower to the chemicals that must be in products like Ben-Gay, etc.

Kev
08-07-05, 02:06 AM
'Course there's always valium. It's great for treating muscle spasms cause even if it doesn't stop them, you don't care!

I'm tellin you, valium is good stuff baby! I figured out why doctors prescribe it to thier patients prior to vasectomy appointments, taking it improves the likely hood that they show up for the proceedure! I mean, why else would any guy in his right mind let some other guy near that neighborhood with sharp instruments!

"Good afternoon Mr. Smith."
"Heeeey, Doc, howzzit go-in."
"Fine. Now, drop your pants for me please."
"Suuurrrrrrre Doc......... nooo prooooooblemm."
"OK, you might feel a little pin picrk."
"Ooooo-Kkkkkk Doc............"

:shocked2:

majax
08-07-05, 02:07 AM
Ralph you know a heating pad will make it spasm more. Just ICE it!

Ralph
08-07-05, 02:08 AM
Ralph you know a heating pad will make it spasm more. Just ICE it!

Ice is more for sprains or massive swelling. Heat helps get the blood to the effected area (for healing) and distributes the nutrients at a cellular level better. It also helps "loosen" the tension in the muscles so they don't "pull" so much resulting in more pain....

Ice does have a numbing effect, but I imagine the results would be short-lived.

majax
08-07-05, 02:11 AM
The ice will shut the muscle up. That is the quick fix.

Ralph
08-07-05, 02:27 AM
'Course there's always valium. It's great for treating muscle spasms cause even if it doesn't stop them, you don't care!

I'm tellin you, valium is good stuff baby! I figured out why doctors prescribe it to thier patients prior to vasectomy appointments, taking it improves the likely hood that they show up for the proceedure! I mean, why else would any guy in his right mind let some other guy near that neighborhood with sharp instruments!

"Good afternoon Mr. Smith."
"Heeeey, Doc, howzzit go-in."
"Fine. Now, drop your pants for me please."
"Suuurrrrrrre Doc......... nooo prooooooblemm."
"OK, you might feel a little pin picrk."
"Ooooo-Kkkkkk Doc............"

:shocked2:

LOL!!!! :thumbsup:

I knew a lady who had 3 cats, and she would put some valium in their food so when she had to travel, and take them to the kennel, they wouldn't have a hissy fit. :histeric:

majax
08-07-05, 02:30 AM
Sounds good where can I get some? If we end up moving I'll need something for the dog, lol.

Ralph
08-07-05, 02:33 AM
Sounds good where can I get some? If we end up moving I'll need something for the dog, lol.

Wallmart?? ;)

:cat: :kitty:

majax
08-07-05, 02:41 AM
wow your kiding right...I think I will consult the vet first. Does Canada have socialized vet care? dumb question...

Ralph
08-07-05, 02:46 AM
wow your kiding right...I think I will consult the vet first. Does Canada have socialized vet care? dumb question...

Just joking about Wallmart.

Nope, not vet care, although you can get your pets a cat scan or "PET" scan sooner than a human probably could at the vet, unless you pay. We have the choice to pay or go through Provincial HC. Whatever we want.

They are thinking about bringing in socialized child care!!! That has me angry because I don't want to pay for other peoples children through taxes if I cannot afford my own children! They'd better not or I'll move into your garage, rent free! :D

majax
08-07-05, 02:55 AM
I hate to tell you but a Cadillac is living in my garage so there would be little room for you but I can move a few things for the fleetwood ;)

Would it cost much for you to get health insurance and get things done quicker? I am getting a travelers insurance for Germany and it pays %100 on health. It is $25 a month, so get that and then come to the U.S. for a vacation:coolgleam

Boombotz
08-07-05, 03:34 AM
Just joking about Wallmart.

Nope, not vet care, although you can get your pets a cat scan or "PET" scan sooner than a human probably could at the vet, unless you pay. :D

Wouldn't that be called a human scan if you got it done to your cat.

Elvis
08-07-05, 10:07 AM
Okay, Please help.... I have been working out a lot. Doing situps and you know the whole nine yards. Anyway since I have started I have gotten this spasm down my right side. It twitches and feels almost like when my daughter use to kick during pregnancy. This has been going on for the last 5 days and it is driving me crazy. Has anybody had this happen before, and what can I do to make it stop.

Quit doing the sit-ups. You're probably having a nerve problem caused by the strain on your lower back. Do some different exercises that keep your back flat for a while. Then you can start doing short crunches.

Drink too much water. Studies have proven that people who are sufficiently hydrated suffer less back pain.