: 2006 Chevrolet Impala (full review)

Ralph
08-06-05, 08:20 PM
http://www.thecarconnection.com/Vehicle_Reviews/Sedans_and_Coupes/2006_Chevrolet_Impala.S180.A9027.html

Am I the only one who sees a Deville Dash and steering wheel on the new version??

"The Impala is assembled at GM's Oshawa, Ontario, Canada plant, recently cited as the highest-quality facility in North and South America for the third time in four years by J. D. Power. It's also the most efficient North American plant according to the 2005 Harbour Report. Chevy pointedly adds that the 2005 Impala beat Accord, Altima, Five Hundred and 300, and topped Camry for the fifth straight year, in Power's 2005 IQS ratings."

Don't tell me Toyotas are "better." ;) But they could have converted to RWD?

2006 Chevrolet Impala
Base price: $21,990
Engines: 3.5-liter V-6, 211 hp/214 lb-ft; 3.9-liter V-6, 242 hp/242 lb-ft; 5.3-liter V-8, 303 hp/323 lb-ft

Transmission: Four-speed automatic, front-wheel drive
Wheelbase: 110.5 in
Length: 200.4 in
Width: 72.9 in
Height: 58.7 in
Curb weight: 3553 lb (LS)
EPA (city/hwy): 21/31 mph (3.5-liter V-6); 19/27 mpg (3.9-liter V-6); 18/28 mpg (5.3-liter V-8)

addison_ii
08-06-05, 08:31 PM
Anouncer at recent auto show: And now ladies and gentlemen we are looking at the inside of the Chevrolac Impalaville, I mean the Chevrolet Impadillac, sorry the Impala by Chevrolet.
It still isn't RWD but at least GM went to making a SS version with a V8 intstead of a supercharged v6. One step in the right direction IMO. Change the look and make it RWD and I think we'll have a winner.

mccombie_5
08-06-05, 08:44 PM
DEVILLE DASHBOARD! no RWD, V8 better than V6. Not aggressive looking, should be, Impala the legendary nameplate on that soul less looking machine.. i like the old one better, now take a 2004, but RWD, a six speed manual tranny, and a V8 in it. Thats nice :)

Playdrv4me
08-06-05, 08:55 PM
blah.

Ralph
08-06-05, 11:05 PM
At least quality is as good or better than some Japanese manufacturers now, and it's no wonder, they've had the same design for what, 5 years, so the bugs should be worked out, etc.

ben72227
08-06-05, 11:54 PM
Blah blah blah, its almost as bland as the Ford 500, but then again, i guess the market for the Impala is American families:rolleyes:. As for the SS, I'll wait and see if it tops the '96 Impala SS, truly a work of beauty for its time IMO...

Stoneage_Caddy
08-07-05, 12:15 AM
i will bet my lunch money that the new Impala SS would beat the 96 Impala in Every Perfornamce category ...period ...and look beatter and return beatter gas milaeage while doing it ....

too bad it overthrew my caddy for the honor of the largest transversly mounted v8...

I still dont understand why everyone is so worried about FWD vs Rear Drive ...really in the family sedan , (typically this class of driveway fillers) why it makes a difference , your hard pressed to get into the understeer on the street ....

Are we going ot take the 2006 Impala to the track and race it on a road coarse ? Nope ? would we want to take a large 4 door to the road coarse and flog it ? Nope ...Even if we did i bet it will run circles around the 96er ...and i bet it will hang right there with chryslers 300 ...

it could be worse , it could weigh as much as a cadillac , and have a 3.0 v6 as the lone engine option(ford 500) ....nope we got a small block and a chance to get to 60 in less than 6 seconds ....thats pretty damn fast for something that will spend more time hauling diapers than ass ....

so what if its front drive ....

Ralph
08-07-05, 12:33 AM
Blah blah blah, its almost as bland as the Ford 500, but then again, i guess the market for the Impala is American families:rolleyes:. As for the SS, I'll wait and see if it tops the '96 Impala SS, truly a work of beauty for its time IMO...

It's really impossible for you to admit GM makes good cars, isn't it? :shhh: :rolleyes2 :sneaky:

ISN'T IT!!?? ;)

addison_ii
08-07-05, 12:50 AM
i will bet my lunch money that the new Impala SS would beat the 96 Impala in Every Perfornamce category ...period ...and look beatter and return beatter gas milaeage while doing it ....

too bad it overthrew my caddy for the honor of the largest transversly mounted v8...

I still dont understand why everyone is so worried about FWD vs Rear Drive ...really in the family sedan , (typically this class of driveway fillers) why it makes a difference , your hard pressed to get into the understeer on the street ....

Are we going ot take the 2006 Impala to the track and race it on a road coarse ? Nope ? would we want to take a large 4 door to the road coarse and flog it ? Nope ...Even if we did i bet it will run circles around the 96er ...and i bet it will hang right there with chryslers 300 ...

it could be worse , it could weigh as much as a cadillac , and have a 3.0 v6 as the lone engine option(ford 500) ....nope we got a small block and a chance to get to 60 in less than 6 seconds ....thats pretty damn fast for something that will spend more time hauling diapers than ass ....

Sorry All American Hero sir, I'm just used to hearing Impala SS and my mind thinks of the models from the 60's and 94-96 that's all. I guess when you present the facts like you have it then it really doesn't matter about RWD or FWD in a family sedan. At least it does have a V8 in it. But are they really going to mount it transversely???

ben72227
08-07-05, 01:06 AM
It's really impossible for you to admit GM makes good cars, isn't it? :shhh: :rolleyes2 :sneaky:

ISN'T IT!!?? ;)

Of course not Ralph, I like tons of GM cars - the '70 Chevelle SS, the Stingray Corvette, the 67-68 Eldos (the ones with the fold-in headlights), the 79-85 Eldo, the 93-97 STS, the 96 Impala, the Buick GNX, and there are more I can't think of...

I like the Impala fine Ralph, but I'd never get one, unless it was the SS maybe...I mean, I just like the look of the Charger and 300 better. I'd never get those though...DOn't want those MOPAR reliability issues...And I'm really not in the market for a family sedan right now either:sneaky:

Ralph
08-07-05, 01:08 AM
Of course not Ralph, I like tons of GM cars - the '70 Chevelle SS, the Stingray Corvette, the 67-68 Eldos (the ones with the fold-in headlights), the 79-85 Eldo, the 93-97 STS, the 96 Impala, the Buick GNX, and there are more I can't think of...

I like the Impala fine Ralph, but I'd never get one, unless it was the SS maybe...I mean, I just like the look of the Charger and 300 better. I'd never get those though...DOn't want those MOPAR reliability issues...And I'm really not in the market for a family sedan right now either:sneaky:

I don't think I'm 100% sold on the Charger either. Maybe not yet. I think they'd better make it a 2 door!

Playdrv4me
08-07-05, 01:35 AM

ISN'T IT!!?? ;)

I think Ben's view and support of GM is pretty much spot-on. I mean he HAS driven his Caddy for longer than Ive had ANY of my most recent vehicles, and as far as I can tell he loves and is very happy with his car.

I believe that Ben is with the majority and represents the problem that GM has always had... They produce a FEW really good products, maybe even a few out of every brand, with the rest being crap. This is the problem they are going to continue to face unless the same work that has gone into Cadillac is put into every other brand.

Im the same way, there are some GM's Im VERY passionate about and like very much, but most of them are so mundane its impossible to have the same feeling about the entire company.

Ford on the other hand, IMO, is just the opposite. Ford definitely has a few crappy models in its stable of brands, but overall I like 75 percent of what they produce, be it the mommy-wagon Escape, the Jaguar XJ, the Lincoln LS, Ford new Mustang... You say Ford and I can spit out any number of SOLID currently produced models right off the tip of my tongue. Say GM and besides most of the Cadillacs, theres not alot I can say. The Ford 500 gets alot of guff but so what, its got a slow engine... OK thats a problem that CAN be fixed and the rest of the car is TEN TIMES better than the Impala. Its better built, better riding and just all around a more enjoyable car as far as boring Family Sedans go. It is LIGHTYEARS ahead of the Taurus, and the replacement for the Taurus (Fusion) is equally as exciting.

Quite possibly the only brand in Ford's stable I have no love for is Mazda. Except for the new Miata, I dont really like any of what they produce, but I dont hate any of it either. The other weakness within Ford is there heavy duty trucks, I much prefer GM's heavy duty truckline to Ford's.

Chrysler is another one who I really dont find much satisfaction in. I used to be a devout Jeep guy, but they went and screwed with Jeep so much its just another marketing arm of DCX at this point. With my admiration of Mercedes-Benz decreasing every day, DCX has just about dropped off my list except for the 300C SRT-8 and the JGC SRT-8.

illumina
08-07-05, 01:39 AM
Impala SS...0-60 mph in 5.7 seconds...Niiiiice :thumbsup:

I'll bet that once the new FWD 327 (is that right?) comes out, they'll be some aftermarket things ready for purchase.

ben72227
08-07-05, 01:46 AM
I think Ben's view and support of GM is pretty much spot-on. I mean he HAS driven his Caddy for longer than Ive had ANY of my most recent vehicles, and as far as I can tell he loves and is very happy with his car.

I believe that Ben is with the majority and represents the problem that GM has always had... They produce a FEW really good products, maybe even a few out of every brand, with the rest being crap. This is the problem they are going to continue to face unless the same work that has gone into Cadillac is put into every other brand.

You see Ralph, I DO like GM and I do know about their crappy cars (I mean, look at what I drive:p, If you look in the Eldorado forums, see the "Great Balls of Fire" thread, and THEN try to tell me I don't put up with crappyness :p ). Also, Playdrv4me, look in the "I saw a Bonneville today" thread and you can see my ENTIRE views on GM as a whole in one post...

But I do like Mazda, the Mazda3 is the most exciting compact car there is IMHO, it certainly looks the best, and has the most standard options:rolleyes:

Ralph
08-07-05, 01:48 AM

Im the same way, there are some GM's Im VERY passionate about and like very much, but most of them are so mundane its impossible to have the same feeling about the entire company.

Ford on the other hand, IMO, is just the opposite. Ford definitely has a few crappy models in its stable of brands, but overall I like 75 percent of what they produce, be it the mommy-wagon Escape, the Jaguar XJ, the Lincoln LS, Ford new Mustang... You say Ford and I can spit out any number of SOLID currently produced models right off the tip of my tongue. Say GM and besides most of the Cadillacs, theres not alot I can say. The Ford 500 gets alot of guff but so what, its got a slow engine... OK thats a problem that CAN be fixed and the rest of the car is TEN TIMES better than the Impala. Its better built, better riding and just all around a more enjoyable car as far as boring Family Sedans go. It is LIGHTYEARS ahead of the Taurus, and the replacement for the Taurus (Fusion) is equally as exciting.

Quite possible the only brand in Ford's stable I have no love for is Mazda. Except for the new Miata, I dont really like any of what they produce, but I dont hate any of it either.

I can name several GM cars that are solid and reliable. Impala, Lesabre, Grand Am, Trans Am, just about every Olds, even the Bonnie! We'll see how the new Allure, (Lacrosse) etc. does. My aunt had a beautiful beige SSEI (supercharged) 1997 model that was the best car she ever had. That thing moved. An idiot in a truck hit her and she got that 7 series and the 7 has been nothing but trouble.

Of course I understand what Ben is saying. I'm also sick of hearing about the crappy old cars of the 1980's because Cadillac has proven (with investiment) that they can OVERCOME that "bad rap" and they deserve respect now. I also agree that GM "stretches" the same cars and does not advance MUCH in them over the years and therefore everyone calls them boring. Ford is guilty of this as well. I tend to agree, but that DOES NOT mean they are CRAPPY cars, quite the opposite as they have the bugs worked out of them after all that time of building the same thing year after year. The Lesabre got awards recently for long-term quality, and I attribute that quality to building it long enough to get the bugs out and if people find them "boring" that is their choice. A lot of people WANT and NEED a reliable vehicle, and are "brand loyal."

To me the 500 is VERY boring. It cannot be considered any better than the Impala IMO. I think the Impala is worlds better because of the engine choices and the VERY impressive gas mileage it gets for that full-size class. Ford is not doing that well the last time I checked, so I just associate more money to invest (in my mind) with GM because they have proven they are serious about getting "back on top." Ford has not really proven that IMO with the exception of the new Mustang, but as I've mentioned, they have to invest billions to keep people excited, or so it seems.

You have to admit, what has Ford done with Lincoln lately???? they are not investing the money GM is with Cadillac, therefore they seem to be stagnating and not moving ahead. How long has the Lincoln LS been around now???

I honestly don't think enough people give domestic like GM and Ford a chance because people are too happy in their Toyotas and swear they will never look back, thinking they are driving an immeasurably advanced vehicle. Yet I can tell you people in my family have been driving GM and never had anything major go wrong and drive them for decades, literally!

Ralph
08-07-05, 01:51 AM
You see Ralph, I DO like GM and I do know about their crappy cars

You car is beautiful IMO! I love the colour too!

I know that GM built bad cars, but I think the new offerings are pretty darn good overall! I keep thinking of the Vega in the 1970's and I used to see so many of them around. They weren't very well respected but I still see them from time to time. Look at the Pinto, and the Bobcat, I still see those, so I think even the "bad" cars can have good examples, and remember, not all "lemons" were "bad." :)

I still see unrestored, beat-up 1960's Chevys and Ford Galaxies running around because that's what people bring out in the winter to drive. These vehicles are certainly not pampered in any way, yet they soldier on forever. That tells me something about GM and Ford quality of long ago.

majax
08-07-05, 02:03 AM
To me the Impala looks a lot more solid that the 500 but I will speak of that no further. What I have noticed with GM is that they directly aim their cars at the biggest competition. I want you to look at the new Impala and then a Toyota Camry. You will see that they both are larger family sedans with great value and are more related then the 500 is to the Impala. GM is not worried about Ford out selling them, they are worried about Toyota being the next big auto maker. Basically I think the Impala is was made to beat the Camry. Kinda like the STS and the 5 series.

To me any car in this segment is not for me. That is why I would take my 20,000 and buy a used Cadillac with an extended warranty.

majax
08-07-05, 02:04 AM
My cousins had a '88 Corsica that ran for 400,000 miles and was still going when they traded it in for a Malibu. Or maybe it was a Corolla they traded for...

majax
08-07-05, 02:13 AM
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drives/FirstDrives/articleId=106706#13

better article and they liked it. GM has a winner already what do you expect them to do with it? Besides RWD which may turn people off who want a simple get around vehicle.

mcf1000x2003
08-07-05, 02:17 AM
I rather get the Monte Carlo SS looks way better IMO

http://www.edmunds.com/future/2006/chevrolet/montecarlo/100484579/specs.html?tid=edmunds.f.review.leftsidenav..1.Che vrolet*

powerglide
08-07-05, 02:19 AM
Yawn.....what a lame car.
I'm falling asleep just looking at it.

majax
08-07-05, 02:19 AM
I have seen the new Impala on the road and I think it looks great. I have yet to see a Monte Carlo.

Ralph
08-07-05, 02:22 AM
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drives/FirstDrives/articleId=106706#13

better article and they liked it. GM has a winner already what do you expect them to do with it? Besides RWD which may turn people off who want a simple get around vehicle.

Exactly! The Impala is not supposed to excite us like a corvette or a CTS-V. This heading explains it well.........

"A Good, Honest Sedan"

Excitment doesn't hurt though. :sneaky:

Playdrv4me
08-07-05, 02:28 AM
Im not sure how to explain it to you guys. YES the 500 is a typical family sedan, but the difference is (because of its Volvo S80 based heritage no-less) that it LOOKS like a PRECISION CRAFTED instrument designed for its Family Car duties. I look at a Five Hundred and I see a solid, muscular looking large sedan that has authority going down the road. On the other hand, I look at the Impala and I see this cartoony looking half-assed attempt at a family sedan trying to compete with everyone else. Even the plasticky 300 series still appears to have purpose in its design.

I DONT think the Impala is a BAD car, and the interior is definitely going in the right direction, Im sure its also a WELL BUILT car, but honestly? As important as the exterior appearance of a car is to me, I would feel no BETTER driving that Impala than I do driving my moms Hyundai.

Ralph
I rather get the Monte Carlo SS looks way better IMO

http://www.edmunds.com/future/2006/chevrolet/montecarlo/100484579/specs.html?tid=edmunds.f.review.leftsidenav..1.Che vrolet*

I like it!!

illumina
I should mention that in one of these articles, these new FWD Chevy's are just a refresh until they can make a whole new model in a few years...

That said, I simply like the Impala and the Monte Carlo. I would consider either one as a new car when that time comes. But for now, I'm still looking at the late-model Eruo cars (BMW and Mercedes-Benz) until I can go all-out.

Ralph
08-07-05, 02:31 AM
I DONT think the Impala is a BAD car, and the interior is definitely going in the right direction

Don't you find it odd how Deville-like the interior is!!?? That's the first thing that struck me! The center cluster, steering wheel, etc. Maybe Ben can put up both dashes and we can compare.....'06 Deville and '06 Impala.. :eek:

majax
08-07-05, 03:09 AM
I did that earlier in a another thread. You will also notice the same dash on the new Buick Lucerne.

Ralph
08-07-05, 03:11 AM
I did that earlier in a another thread. You will also notice the same dash on the new Buick Lucerne.

What thread?? You mean the 2 cars I mentioned?

majax
08-07-05, 03:12 AM
yes and the buick. Hold on...

majax
08-07-05, 03:17 AM
here Ralph http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32081

ben72227
08-07-05, 03:21 AM
'06 DTS:
http://fp.images.autos.msn.com/merismus/gallery/c455386a.jpg
'06 Impala:
http://www.thecarconnection.com/images/gallery/9914_ZVECGUEQIVTKU.jpg

I'm not seeing it...the chevy doesn't have an analog clock:rolleyes:

Ralph
08-07-05, 03:22 AM
here Ralph http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32081

good link. They show the black SS interior, but the regular Impala in beige and wood trim sure looks like the Deville!!!

Is this good or bad?? :hmm: :suspense:

majax
08-07-05, 03:26 AM
Good because all I have to do to own a Deville is put out for an Impala and add a wood shifter...

Could it hurt re-sale? Brand Image?

Since when did the downtown man look as good as the uptown girl?

How do you have any pride in a Cadichev?

Of course that chevy interior is on par with it's competitors. The line between luxury and economy is fading:shhh::nono:

Ralph
08-07-05, 03:28 AM
Good because all I have to do to own a Deville is put out for an Impala and add a wood shifter...

Could it hurt re-sale? Brand Image?

Since when did the downtown man look as good as the uptown girl?

LOL! I'm thinking that Impala interior is great!!! But not if you own a 2006 Deville. :p :shhh:

It might just be a nice car after all.

Ralph
08-07-05, 03:40 AM

I tend to agree with all of this.

Playdrv4me
08-07-05, 04:35 AM
The Deville interior is still upscale enough to differentiate it, but I do agree it is eerily close, and that must be the new Corporate steering wheel, because THAT is identical.

addison_ii
08-07-05, 04:46 AM
http://www.thecarconnection.com/images/gallery/9914_ZVECGUEQIVTKU.jpg

Geez you think that GM wouldn't be hit by the fuel crisis. But, even GM can't afford gas prices now. Hence the "FUEL LEVEL LOW" message in the DIC of the Impala.:D

powerglide
08-07-05, 05:11 AM
LOL!
Nice catch....thats pretty lame, the check engine light might as well be on too :-)

Cadence
08-07-05, 06:05 AM
Woo Hoo! A V-8! Those Bow-Tie boys sure know how to stir up the masses.

"Great job Hank! If I didn't know any better, putting a V-8 in the Impala is the damnest thing I've ever heard of!" :drinker

"Slap some of them SS badges on it, and they will fly off the showroom floor!"

The '96 Impala is rolling over in it's grave twice fold, I'm sure of it.

Jesda
08-07-05, 09:43 AM
Perfect for the Camry crowd. GM will sell more than ever.

*yawn*

Stoneage_Caddy
08-07-05, 11:52 AM
Sorry All American Hero sir, I'm just used to hearing Impala SS and my mind thinks of the models from the 60's and 94-96 that's all. I guess when you present the facts like you have it then it really doesn't matter about RWD or FWD in a family sedan. At least it does have a V8 in it. But are they really going to mount it transversely???
addi-
Yup , but i looked at the 94-96 Impala as a travesty to the Impala Name , the first FWD Impala was even more a travesty ....

BUT...this car ....even tho its front wheel drive , is a closer interpritation to the original impala than anything GM has built in 25 years

Things in common with the 64 :
Base 6 cyl
Room for six
Optional 327 v8 in a SS (ok 325)
Value Packed , high quality ,driveway filler

Things not in common with ANY prior RWD Impala:
It handles decent
Front drive
Faster than any impala before it
Beatter MPG than any impala before it

And yes , that 5300 V8 is in there sideways just like the 4.9 devilles,fleets and 60s...backed up with the VERY stout 4t80e series trannys

you all need to realize , that this is the first time in history besides the new monte (and vw new bug) that a FWD interpriation of a classic is beatter in every way than the original....

As for aftermarket support , it looks to me like the new impalas small block will have lots of parts for it and the FWD tranny is up for the task as much as the 4l60e and 4l80e rear drve trannys ..not to mention the 10-15% reduction in drivetrtain losses when you go with a Transverse FWD setup , so the New Impala is getting more of its V8 power to the ground than the

So what about ease of working on ? another RWD arguement .....Well go look at the 300 and tell me how easy it is to work on guys ....ever work on a MN12 T bird ? How bout a 93+ Camaro ?

I know of a time that FWD was regarded as a PREMIUM item only avilable on the most expensive and highest quality cars ....When Lee Iccoca scooted the first K cars out the door at chrysler it runined FWDs rap forever , even now people are still stuck on the idea that FWD = Crap ....

1996 Impala :
HP: 260
TQ: 330
0-60: 7.3

HP: 303
TQ: 323
0-60 : 5.7

Stoneage_Caddy
08-07-05, 11:57 AM
Perfect for the Camry crowd. GM will sell more than ever.

*yawn*
so was every impala before it ....thats why people only remeberd the big motor cars ...anyone remeber the 1978 Impala 6 cyl coupe ? didnt think so ....but everyone remebers the 64 327 ss ...no one remebers the 6 cyl impala ss of 64 that one of our members here pointed out some time ago ...

Ralph
08-24-05, 01:50 AM
Here it is Agent Smith......

check post #32 for the interior comparison...

Jesda
08-24-05, 03:29 AM
I actually thought the 2000+ Impala was nice to look at with its sharp lines and funky rear end.

Ralph
08-24-05, 03:30 AM
I actually thought the 2000+ Impala was nice to look at with its sharp lines and funky rear end.

True, but aren't they about as boring as a Camry by now? I think I'm as sick of them as I am a PT Cruiser, but ya, they are ok to look at. I'm wondering if the new one will look better in person.....

Randy_W
08-24-05, 08:56 AM
Everyone that's knocking the new Impala/Monte SS/ Grand Prix GXP, go drive a couple of them and report back, please. I drove a GXP GP and a Bonneville GXP also, but that's another story. The GP was very comfortable, smooth, quiet(much more polished feeling than the 300c I drove)! The front tires are 1" wider than the rears and that really balances the cornering on this car, it feels like it's on rails. The car belongs to good friend's son. He went to the dragstrip at Delmar, DE in July, as you know, there were no cool days this July, and ran a 13.97! That same night there were 5-6 new Mustang GT's there, only one ran quicker, that was a 13.95, but his trap speed was lower! Drive one before you pass judgement!:duck:

Jesda
08-24-05, 09:58 AM
True, but aren't they about as boring as a Camry by now? I think I'm as sick of them as I am a PT Cruiser, but ya, they are ok to look at. I'm wondering if the new one will look better in person.....

Its getting a bit dated, but I think the boring part was always in the somewhat unexciting drivetrain and muted responses. I still think it looks good.

Blackout
08-24-05, 04:58 PM
The new Impala and Monte Carlo have to be the most boring cars in the world. Outside is boring, inside is cheap so it just leaves one wondering why the hell I would waste my money on this. But I saw a new Impala SS at the ISSCA national meet in the Pocono's and that was boring looking also. Overall I'm not impressed with either of these cars. For the money I'd rather get a Mazda 6 or the new MazdaSpeed 6

tru504187211
08-24-05, 05:02 PM
Almost as generic as the Buick LaCrosse?

Randy_W
08-24-05, 06:18 PM
Outside is boring, inside is cheap so it just leaves one wondering why the hell I would waste my money on this.

Kind of like the Ford 500, but with a lot more power and handling, huh?:thumbsup:

Jesda
08-24-05, 08:57 PM
I went to the Chevy web site and took a look. I have to admit that the new Impala looks a LOT better in the new photos than it did the previous ones. I might even say it looks good. I hope the steering and chassis are more responsive. I'm a Mazda guy, so I kind of look for that in a car.

MrSmith
08-25-05, 12:36 AM
Its nice. They had better get some gas though. The reading says fuel level is low

Ralph
08-25-05, 12:40 AM
Its nice. They had better get some gas though. The reading says fuel level is low

You don't mind that if a person buys an Impala, they are basically getting the SAME dash as a Deville....

should 06 Deville owners feel "cheapened?" :D

davesdeville
08-25-05, 07:11 AM
I approve of these cars (new Monte Carlo and Impala.) If I were in that market I'd definately look into either.

The new Impala and Monte Carlo have to be the most boring cars in the world. Outside is boring, inside is cheap so it just leaves one wondering why the hell I would waste my money on this. But I saw a new Impala SS at the ISSCA national meet in the Pocono's and that was boring looking also. Overall I'm not impressed with either of these cars. For the money I'd rather get a Mazda 6 or the new MazdaSpeed 6

You think your beloved SRT-4 is exciting? SE-R exciting? Hell naw. But the performance of those make up for the boring styling, looks like the SSes will be the same way.

Blackout
08-25-05, 07:44 AM
You think your beloved SRT-4 is exciting? SE-R exciting? Hell naw. But the performance of those make up for the boring styling, looks like the SSes will be the same way.Where the hell did that come from?

mccombie_5
08-25-05, 08:08 AM
You don't mind that if a person buys an Impala, they are basically getting the SAME dash as a Deville....

should 06 Deville owners feel "cheapened?" :D

:shhh: im persuading my wife to get one

Jesda
08-25-05, 08:13 AM
You think your beloved SRT-4 is exciting? SE-R exciting? Hell naw. But the performance of those make up for the boring styling, looks like the SSes will be the same way.

The SRT and SER are rather crude cars. The 6 is a significant step above them both in terms of comfort and feature content.