: Factory interfaced XM for the CTS and SRX has been accomplished

DanDan
08-06-05, 05:47 PM
I have sucessfully interfaced the factory radio to a aftermarket XM tuner. The XM radio functions just like it came from the factory. The only problem is I do not have it available as a plug and play device. It is a special interface and as of now I am hard wiring it. You will also need to have the GM's tech 2 diagnostic programmer to program the radio. So any of you that are down here in the Fort Lauderdale area that want it done I will make it available at Bayview Cadillac only. As of now I will be able to do the 2005 CTS, SRX, and the Deville which does not need to be programmed. I am hoping to make the 03 to 04 CTS, and the 04 SRX put on the list. I believe it will work for them but have not tried to interface them yet. The Deville should also work from 02 to 04 but I have to get my hands on them and see if I can interface them. If you have the navigation radio without XM, I am waiting for a special terminal connector but it will be available soon. I will keep you informed. As of right now Bayview Cadillac is the only dealer I will make it available at. I have been doing work them for over 20 years and they made all the technical material that I needed to make this possible. If you have any questions, just ask. The XM will work as it came right from the factory. As you all know there is no factory unit available unless it came with the car. I was very excited to get this available. I am also working on a solution for interfacting the Sirius tuner in the near future but there is nothing available as of right now. That is my next project.

DanDan

morphix
08-06-05, 06:52 PM
Wow what great news.

I purchased a 2005 SRX just 6 months ago at Coral Cadillac and I am very interested in getting a XM radio and navigation system installed (if possible).

Could you pm me your contact information, I am only about 30min drive from Bayview Cadillac.

sgilbert
08-06-05, 11:04 PM
GREAT job Dan. Unfortunately, I am 1500 miles away from you and can't see heading down thataway for awhile.

HOWEVER, if you've been reading the SRX threads, and you've got the programmer, there are cash ($$$$) rewards for CODES! We want: Disable start-up warning; Nav programming while driving; DVD watching (for the '05 folks); and anything else you can conjure up.

THAT will warrant me making the trip down and I'd get the XM too!

ilkhan4
08-08-05, 02:46 PM
Which aftermarket XM radio did you interface to? Is it something that could be modified to work with an iPod? I'm guessing it's some sort of serial interface, right?

I work in FTL near Executive Airport and I'd love to take a look at how it's done sometime.

barnett
08-08-05, 07:51 PM
Wonderful! So when will you be in the Dayton, Ohio area? I want my direct wire XM radio! Anyway to get directions that could be provided to an out-of-town dealer?

DanDan
08-08-05, 08:39 PM
Morphix, you can call Bayview Cadillac Wed. and ask for Mike Stanwick in service. He will fill you in on the procedure and cost. I will be there tomorrow to do some work and I will have a meeting with the Service Director. As far as price it will depend on what transpires tomorrow. As far as the interfacing I am not willing to say what or how as I worked very hard to come up with this and want to protect my interests and investment. I can tell you it comes with a three warranty. It works exactly like the factory unit, which you cannot purchase. I do need the vehicle at the dealer so I can program the radio with the tech 2 when I complete the installation. The unit does interface with the class 2 serial interface, but I am unsure if it could be used for an ipod. I have not really thought about it. My goal was to have a piece that would provide xm without the use of a box sitting off the side of the dash and using a static filled fm mod. I will tell you that there is another company coming out with one but they keep promising and I got tired of waiting and made my own. It won't be cheap but it is worth it. As soon as I find out what the cost will be installed I will post it.

DanDan

XtraBlack
08-08-05, 11:59 PM
:thumbsup: FINALLY! DanDan I have an 04 SRX w/Nav radio and will come down (I'm in Orlando) whenever you'll be able to work on the 04's. Any idea how long? I also want to use the factory XM/Onstar combo antenna. Will I be able to do that? I hate the stuck on Onstar antenna they used on the 04's.

Regards,
Anthony

DanDan
08-09-05, 08:07 PM
Sorry XtraBlack, You can buy the antenna but you would also have to buy all the coax, and I have not looked into it yet. The antenna from the factory is expensive. For now I have to use the antenna that the xm comes with until I figure out how to use the factory unit and if it is cost feasible. I will have to check the schematics and see. I have an 05 SRX with nav coming in tomorrow that I looked at last week and I am going to attempt to interface it. I did not have the correct terminals to tap into the radio for the audio input. I will let you know how it comes out.

DanDan

DanDan
08-12-05, 09:52 PM
Add the 05 SRX with nav to the list, I did it yesterday and it works great. It looks just like the factory. I am hoping to get an 04 with and without the nav just to confirm that it can be done. According to my data it should be a go.

DanDan

XtraBlack
08-13-05, 01:40 AM
Good work DanDan, keep us posted. My 04 with NAV is waiting. On the 05's, where do you put the XM antenna since the factory uses the decklid location for the Onstar?

jshelms
08-25-05, 07:19 PM
Our dealership in Atlanta is now installing them as well. The are amazing and easy to go in, plus has all the features of the factory equipped radio.