: Portable DVD Player Mounting Question

caddysrx
08-06-05, 03:16 PM
My '04 SRX does not have the rear DVD option, but I have a Samsung portable DVD player with a 12" screen and I have made numerous unsuccessful attempts to find a product that will secure the player between the front seats so that the kids could comfortably watch videos in the back. There are products that are compatible with smaller size players. If anyone has the same type DVD player, I would appreciate any suggestions or links to websites that sell a compatible mount or suspension system.

afg350ci
08-10-05, 05:51 PM
My '04 SRX does not have the rear DVD option, but I have a Samsung portable DVD player with a 12" screen and I have made numerous unsuccessful attempts to find a product that will secure the player between the front seats so that the kids could comfortably watch videos in the back. There are products that are compatible with smaller size players. If anyone has the same type DVD player, I would appreciate any suggestions or links to websites that sell a compatible mount or suspension system.

Consider upgrading from a portable DVD Player to Headrest Monitors. Any local automotive audio/video retailer can do this for you.

Example: http://www.audiooutfitter.com/store/HD-8BK.html

Or, consider purchasing another portable that fits the harnesses.

I suggest option A. It will give your Caddy some real flare.

Also, you can use wireless headphones, and you can even set it up so that the kids can watch something different on each monitor so that noone can complain.