: Instant Messenger screennames

Tractor Boy
08-06-05, 12:15 AM
Wassup yall, I just wanted to see if anybody else just sat on the computer all night just lookin for someone to talk to........LOL, anyway.... post Yahoo, MSN, AOL, anything IM, your screenname and IM service, aight, I'll start it off,
tractor68boy Yahoo, and tractor68boy AOL

illumina
08-06-05, 12:29 AM
Wassup yall, I just wanted to see if anybody else just sat on the computer all night just lookin for someone to talk to........LOL, anyway.... post Yahoo, MSN, AOL, anything IM, your screenname and IM service, aight, I'll start it off,
tractor68boy Yahoo, and tractor68boy AOL

I would do that, but there are some people that have some good software that can hack your email account once they know the user names and their service providers.

Tractor Boy
08-06-05, 12:31 AM
hmmmmmmm, well, if they can hack mine they are damn good, I pay for my services

Ralph
08-06-05, 12:33 AM
I don't bother with that stuff...

Is it true that if you leave your email addy on a post, and don't take it off, things like Yahoo Slurp Spider scans everything and finds it, then sends junk mail to your Outlook, etc??

I get a lot of junk mail and I've left my addy on more than one post in the past.

Ever notice when you look at "Who's Online" all the Slurp Spider scans going on??!!

illumina
08-06-05, 12:54 AM
hmmmmmmm, well, if they can hack mine they are damn good, I pay for my services

I pay $30.00 a month for AOL dial-up Optishit with topshit technology. You know what they are doing? They have distributed my home phone number to every debt consolidation firm, credit card agency, and even a funeral home bill consolidation firm!

Yup, that's right...A funeral home place!

One morning while sleeping, I was having these nightmares (very often) about death and shit, and I was then awakened by the phone ringing in my bedroom . I never keep the ringer on on this phone too...Anyways, as the phone is soon caught by my answering machine, I hear this:

You could save hundreds on funeral home expenses if you call someone or other right now...

All this after having the epitome of realistic dreams of death!

Man was I freaked! I even contemplated on just staying in all day...That's how bad I felt after getting a wake up call like that.

So the basic point is, paying for so-called email protection means precisely squat. AOL will spam you, let unknown ICQ registrants email you (don't respond to those!), and a whole host of other online maladies. Other email providers offer the same so-called protection. So take my advice, don't give that addy out to anyone unless you know who they are.

By the way, I don't want to hear any shit about having AOL. At the moment, cable is not worth the exorbitant fees and DSL is currently not available in my area. I have however been informed that by summer's end, DSL will be available in my area... :) :)

Tractor Boy
08-06-05, 01:00 AM
I HATE AOL!!!!! it messes up your computer, leaves hidden temp files all over the place, thats why I just have IM account, I dont even use it anymore

Ralph
08-06-05, 01:30 AM
I have a problem with AOL too!!! When Supa sends me pics, I can save them, but I cannot open them up after that!!! :helpless: Then I have to get Boomer to post them!!! How embarrassing! :rolleyes2 There is something about AOL and the encryptions, etc.

majax
08-06-05, 04:05 AM
I have heard bad things about AOL. We just have DSL from Verizon and I use Mozilla Firefox as my browser.

I have not used MSN messenger in while, but that is the popular one with my friends.

Jesda
08-06-05, 07:20 AM
AIM: Gulati Magic

I'm full of magic!

slk230mb
08-06-05, 10:37 AM
I have a problem with AOL too!!! When Supa sends me pics, I can save them, but I cannot open them up after that!!! :helpless: Then I have to get Boomer to post them!!! How embarrassing! :rolleyes2 There is something about AOL and the encryptions, etc.

If I ever use my AOL account to send pics people never have trouble on the other end. Ralph, I think it's you. :hide:

90Brougham350
08-06-05, 11:31 AM
AOL isn't worth the free CD's they distribute it on. I wouldn't use AOL if the only other alternative was going to the library. Thus said,

MSN: balund03@smumn.edu

Brian

slk230mb
08-06-05, 01:11 PM
AOL isn't worth the free CD's they distribute it on. I wouldn't use AOL if the only other alternative was going to the library. Thus said,

Same feelings here, I only have it cause the mom and dad both have work related email addresses with it.