: The Sumbitch run away from me ...

Stoneage_Caddy
08-05-05, 10:33 PM
The never ending adventures of stoney continued today.....

4 days ago i found this 94 Camaro on the end of our lot with the passenger side front wheel folded under it . Apprenty the car hit a curb and broke the spindle. The driver decided to have us fix her car. So we (cadillac service) fix it. The camaro has like 130k on it , 3.4 v6 and a automatic tranny. In otherwords its a heep. So i decided to clean this thing up a bit and vaccum the stuff out of the front seat where something spilled on impact. The car wouldnt start , but i found out that you have take it out of park and slam it into park to get it to start. So i drive it over to the vaccum and put it in park and get out (engine running).

What to my utter amazemnt do you think happens next ?

The Sumbitch Run away from me ...

In reverse.....

So there i am running like im some olyimpan on speed after a camaro (whoose value changed depending on how much gas was in it) and were boath headed towards a row of new cadillacs.

There i pulled off the greatest catch since ...well lets just say Jerry Rice dont have nothing on me ....

My knee hurts quite a bit right now and the camaro was later found to have a loose center console that prevented the shifter from fully makeing it into park....

But i saved the Caddys !

I tell ya this will be on the highlights on Sports center .....ok maybe funniset home videos ....

Boombotz
08-05-05, 10:39 PM
HaHaHaHaHa

I wish I was there to see that.

I have once stepped out of a van thinking I put it in park and didn't. So I understand what was going through your mind. (Oh Sh-t!!!!!!!!!!!!)

LittleB
08-05-05, 10:42 PM
That is so funny...scary, but funny! Good save! Thank god you didn't just freeze up!

addison_ii
08-05-05, 10:49 PM
Wow, Congrats on saving the Caddys. Good thing your not hurt(besides your knee) or anything. I would have beat the sh*t out the Camaro owner for not disclosing that info. I've had that happen to me before but it was my fault. My aunt's house was on fire and as I turn the corner I see firetrucks and smoke. So I jump out the car to see what's going on and my car keeps going.So eventually I catch it. Thank goodness it was a long somewhat straight street. Too bad the dealership doesn't have cameras watching the lot( or do they?). Thay would make an interesting video.

BTW I think you should get employee of the month or something.

powerglide
08-05-05, 10:55 PM
Close call....8 lives to go!

Rolex
08-05-05, 11:42 PM
No good deed goes unpunished. JK, glad you caught the POS before it plowed into a line of Caddys. Nothing like a shot of adrenalin to make you run the 40 yard dash in 4 flat!

DeVillish
08-06-05, 12:12 AM
HAHA! Classic stoney. To bad you didnt have the little bike to chace after it, iam sure the bike is faster.

.(oh SH^T, the caddies!)
:cycle:

TomDeville
08-06-05, 02:00 AM
Holy Sh*t Stonedawg!

You saved those Caddys
and your job; and, all it cost
you was a sore knee and
a heart race.

I happy that it worked out,
that could have been a
freaking disaster.

Best Regards,

TomDeville :coolgleam

Playdrv4me
08-06-05, 02:07 AM
"Thank you for saving us Stoney!!"
-The Caddies.

Its bad enough Camaro's have to be Pieces to begin with, but its a whole other story when they try to inflict their POS-dom on a row of pristine Caddies!!

Ralph
08-06-05, 02:08 AM
A worthy save!!!

Back in the late 1980's my best friends Dad bought a brand new Dodge Ram van conversion complete with captains chairs and (GAK) crushed velvet interior (burgandy and silver) anyway, it was idlying on the driveway and my friend and his family were getting into it when all of a sudden it goes into reverse, by itself at full throttle and proceeded to head for a group of kids playing in the yard behind it across the street!! It goes across the street, jumps the sidewalk and slams into a streetlight pole and if that pole wasn't there those kids wouldn't be there either!!!

Chrysler REFUSED to honour the repair under warrenty and they had to get it fixed privately!!!!!

I guess this just reminded me of that story, as I have forgot about it for at least 10 years now.

TomDeville
08-06-05, 02:52 AM
Dear Esteemed CaddyCommunity:

I nominate Stoney for
all around American Hero!
Good job Sir Stone! Successfully
defending the free world, and a
row of virgin Caddys all in one
young lifetime.
There should seriously be some medal
in it for you Dude. In any event,
I hope the knee is feeling better.

Regards,

:coolgleam

Tractor Boy
08-06-05, 03:02 AM
CAMARO, Cant America Make A Real One? I hate Camaros!!!! My Mustang beats the hell out of em, I would love to crush that one with my truck now that it has 54" Super Swamper Boggers TSX's under it, I'm sure you'd like that too.

Ralph
08-06-05, 04:31 AM
I nominate Stoney for

I second that! I'm sure that if the cars were to be saved were a row of Lexuses, he would have let the Camaro do its worse. :D ;)

Ralph
08-06-05, 04:32 AM
CAMARO, Cant America Make A Real One? I hate Camaros!!!! My Mustang beats the hell out of em, I would love to crush that one with my truck now that it has 54" Super Swamper Boggers TSX's under it, I'm sure you'd like that too.

Camaros were really nice, good quality vehicles, but in the end, the Mustang was a lot cheaper for what it offered comparing similar equipted vehicles....

majax
08-06-05, 05:02 AM
You are definatley a hero dude. Of course if you did not stop the Camero you'd been...anyways I am glad your okay. My knee is banged up also so you are not alone. I got hit by a Nissan Pathfinder.

You deserve one of those new Cadillacs for saving their lives.

majax
08-06-05, 05:03 AM
What models were they?

mccombie_5
08-06-05, 06:09 AM
Nice save Stoney! You should talk the dealership into giving you one for saving thme all of that insurance/repair work on the undamaged caddys. I made a mistake of doing something similar once, i left my wifes 1993 Rover in first gear, as we were parked somewhere quite secluded out in the country, and we were ony a few yards away from the car i left the Keys in the ignition. My son (the current mccombie_6) decided he would start the engine when i wasnt looking. Luckily the hand brake was on, but the car did do a rabbit jump.

Once again congrats on your fine and gallant job of asving those babies ;) :thumbsup: :cheers:

addison_ii
08-06-05, 04:09 PM
Dear Esteemed CaddyCommunity:

I nominate Stoney for
Good job Sir Stone! Successfully
defending the free world, and a
row of virgin Caddys all in one
young lifetime.
There should seriously be some medal
in it for you Dude. In any event,
I hope the knee is feeling better.

Regards,

I second that!

I second Ralph's motion to second TomDeville's motion to nominate Stoney for all-american hero. With 3 or more members in agreement the measure is approved. Stoney you must now put All American Hero with the date in your custom user title. Congratulations.:)

mccombie_5
08-06-05, 04:16 PM
I second Ralph's motion to second TomDeville's motion to nominate Stoney for all-american hero. With 3 or more members in agreement the measure is approved. Stoney you must now put All American Hero with the date in your custom user title. Congratulations.:)

I second the second of the second! :D

Kev
08-06-05, 04:34 PM
I concur with the second to the first part as well as the second to the second part and second the second of the second to the.......:bonkers: .......Oh! Nevermind!

mccombie_5
08-06-05, 04:38 PM
I concur with the second to the first part as well as the second to the second part and second the second of the second to the.......:bonkers: .......Oh! Nevermind!
:histeric:

Kev
08-06-05, 04:44 PM
:histeric:http://www.annotatedmst.com/episodes/screamingskull/benny%20hill.jpg

mccombie_5
08-06-05, 04:57 PM
http://www.annotatedmst.com/episodes/screamingskull/benny%20hill.jpg
hahahahahahahahahaha

Stoneage_Caddy
08-06-05, 05:00 PM
What models were they?
STS , 3 of them v6 1 v8 ....then beside those was a island with a tree and bushes ....

My reward ? I worked today (saturday)...i need the overtime to pay for my new computer LOL

Ive chaged my user title , as per your unaimous vote

mccombie_5
08-06-05, 05:16 PM
I would of asked for the V8 as a thanks for saving the other three :D

addison_ii
08-06-05, 05:22 PM
STS , 3 of them v6 1 v8 ....then beside those was a island with a tree and bushes ....
My reward ? I worked today (saturday)...i need the overtime to pay for my new computer LOL
Ive chaged my user title , as per your unaimous vote

Thank You for complying
with our wishes fine sir

Esteemed Caddy Saver
on this day you shall be
enshrined in the engines
and transmissions of Caddys
and their owners worldwide.

As they honk a
heartfelt thanks for
the saving from destruction
of their bretheren.

A honking ovation is in order.:yup:
(A TomDevillesque post here:D )

Ralph
08-06-05, 05:24 PM
I say we all add what I did in our sigs. :D

slk230mb
08-06-05, 05:36 PM
Here's to you Mr. American Luxury Car Saver Man, this Bud's for you.

Stoneage_Caddy
08-06-05, 06:17 PM
ROFL ...i can hear the backup singer in those commercials singing "catch that car"....

Mcombie , i was rewarded by being told to bring "Phil Hill's" Car around today ....Too bad it wasnt THE Phil Hill ....the guy said thats the first time in years someone made that joke ...

Stoneage_Caddy
08-06-05, 06:19 PM
Ralph your new sig sounds more like im being awarded the Purple Heart for Cadillac Dealers

mccombie_5
08-06-05, 06:36 PM
ROFL ...i can hear the backup singer in those commercials singing "catch that car"....

Mcombie , i was rewarded by being told to bring "Phil Hill's" Car around today ....Too bad it wasnt THE Phil Hill ....the guy said thats the first time in years someone made that joke ...

What was the car though? i think you would still prefer a shiney new STS V8 wouldnt you?

Boombotz
08-06-05, 07:45 PM

No offense to Stoney I do consider him a good friend, but you all are rewarding him because of his own mistakes.:rolleyes: There is no reason to leave a car unattended to vacuum it while it is running.:tisk: Whats the matter to hot outside, didn't want to turn off the A/C. I blame you for the mishap.:p j/k :D

Great Save Stoney.

Playdrv4me
08-06-05, 09:01 PM

LMAO!! I can hear it now...

Ralph
08-06-05, 09:06 PM
Look at what's happened to me,
I can't believe it myself.
Suddenly Stones' up on top of the world,
It should've been somebody else.

Believe it or not,
he's walking on air.
he never thought he could feel so free eee eee.
Flying away on a wing and a prayer.
Who could it be?
Believe it or not it's just Stoneage_caddy

It's like a light of a new day,
the Chevy was screwed, he didn't know that
it's not like it was new ew ew
Making all of his wishes come true ue ue.

Believe it or not,
he's walking on air.
driving away on a wing and a prayer
Who could it be?
Believe it or not it's just Stone.... :worship:

addison_ii
08-06-05, 09:14 PM
Look at what's happened to me,
I can't believe it myself.
Suddenly Stones' up on top of the world,
It should've been somebody else.

Believe it or not,
he's walking on air.
Flying away on a wing and a prayer.
Who could it be?
Believe it or not it's just Stoneage_caddy

It's like a light of a new day,
the Chevy was screwed, he didn't know that
it's not like it was new ew ew
Making all of my wishes come true ue ue.

Believe it or not,
he's walking on air.
driving away on a wing and a prayer
Who could it be?
Believe it or not it's just Stone.... :worship:

Yeah, woohoo, yay, yipee(standing up to clap) yeah:thumbsup: :yup: :2thumbs: :band: :cheers: :musical: :banana: :dance: Ladies and Gentlemen,cats, dogs, mammals, get up, stand up and give a wide round of applause for Ralph and the Saskatchewanettes ft.the Canadian Crooners.

Ralph
08-06-05, 09:20 PM
Yeah, woohoo, yay, yipee(standing up to clap) yeah:thumbsup: :yup: :2thumbs: :band: :cheers: :musical: :banana: :dance: Ladies and Gentlemen,cats, dogs, mammals, get up, stand up and give a wide round of applause for Ralph and the Saskatchewanettes ft.the Canadian Crooners.

LOL!! :histeric: and it wasn't even very funny. I rushed it, but I could have modded it better......

:hide:

Stoneage_Caddy
08-06-05, 09:37 PM
I love to have a new sts v8 ...man thats a sweet car ....

that Phil Hill had a FWD sts

Stoneage_Caddy
08-06-05, 09:40 PM
No offense to Stoney I do consider him a good friend, but you all are rewarding him because of his own mistakes.:rolleyes: There is no reason to leave a car unattended to vacuum it while it is running.:tisk: Whats the matter to hot outside, didn't want to turn off the A/C. I blame you for the mishap.:p j/k :D

Great Save Stoney.
none taken boombotz at the time it also had a dead (bad) battery , shutting it off would mean getting the jump box again ....normally i shut them off ...

Like i said , this car was a heep ...

mccombie_5
08-06-05, 09:40 PM
I love to have a new sts v8 ...man thats a sweet car ....

that Phil Hill had a FWD sts

Go ahead ask them......

DopeStar 156
08-08-05, 05:15 AM
Go ahead ask them......Somehow I doubt they'd toss Stoney the keys, but hell what's the worst? They say no? By the way daring save. I once did the same thing when I accidentally bumped the shifter on my old Mark VII into Reverse (Button was busted) and it started backing out towards the street. Stupid as I am my first reaction was to try to stop it with my hands :banghead: I then slid inside and slammed on the brakes. It's funny what automotive passion will make you do. My friend's Ford Tempo started rolling away and he just started laughing and waved at it. Go figure.... :D

mccombie_5
08-08-05, 09:19 AM
You never know, stranger things have happened ;)

D148L0
08-08-05, 11:09 AM
Hilarious!