: Cops neeever abuse their power *video*

Rolex
08-05-05, 01:09 PM
Dial up BEWARE:

http://goodjoke.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=285 (http://goodjoke.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=285)

Great vid. Two of my very best friends in the whole world are cops and this is.....well, typical. Give a moron with a HS diploma some authoratative power, and a badge and this is what you get. If I was stiffed by the cashier at Wendy's and I called the cops, they'd tell me it was just a civil matter and they wouldn't do a thing. The cop had NO buisness going behind the counter.

The jackass manager could've spoken up and prevented this, but I don't guess being assertive was a prerequisite for the management position. The cashier needed to learn some manners but not at this price.

The cop was found to be free of any wrong-doing!? WTF? And the best part is Johnny Q taxpayer buys the cashier a year supply of hair extensions and unlimited cell phone minutes.

Elvis
08-05-05, 01:51 PM
I cannot f---ing BELIEVE that s__t.

You cannot use mace or pepper spray as a means of apprehending someone resisting arrest unless they are physically threatening to injure an officer. She did not present a threat to him or anyone else. $60,000 is dirt cheap. I would've been after seven figures.

That cop was in the wrong, HE knows it, WE know it, his BOSSES know it, the WHOLE WORLD knows it.

But he keeps his job, free to do it again?

terrible one
08-05-05, 02:02 PM
That is horrible. I can't believe that he got off without any charges at all. You're right, everyone knows that the cop was in the wrong. That's why they paid her $60k.

Rolex
08-05-05, 02:07 PM
That is horrible. I can't believe that he got off without any charges at all. You're right, everyone knows that the cop was in the wrong. That's why they paid her $60k.

Eldo boy huh? I got a little bent once at a restaurant called ?Tiger Harry's? when I was in undergrad. Ahhh memories.

ben72227
08-05-05, 03:18 PM
Geez. That sucks. And she working at one of the worst jobs possible:annoyed:. AND she has to put up with that. I bet she wasn't expecting that when she put on her uniform that day. And I would have gotten a LOT more money, plus pressed criminal charges against him for something - unlawful arrest or excessive use of force. AND she was a minor? That sucks ass. 60k is nothing compared to what she COULD have gotten.

Brett
08-05-05, 05:15 PM
what a joke.....

Sandy
08-05-05, 05:39 PM
Michael McDonald shoulda been stripped of his badge, fired from the force and not be allowed to be an officer anywhere on the planet ever again. Brandy Martin should have hired a real lawyer (my guess is she got a TV 1-800-lawyers r us" type.) She would have gotten at least $800,000 and the police woulda had to pay for not only their legal represenation but Brandy's as well.
Unnecessary force
No search warrant to enter off bounds area of Wendies

As a matter of fact, she could also sue Wendies for an unsafe work
enviornment !!

By the way, her manners were good. She said " Thank you" Or "Have a nice day" or something when the cop drove off. Listen & Watch it again.

Jesda
08-06-05, 07:18 AM
I hope his testicles get ripped off and fed to him. God damn tyrant.

Sandy
08-06-05, 08:38 AM
No respect, total abuse of power, unnecessary use of force, abusive manner, search without proper search warrant, envasion of private property without proper reason or search warrant. Disregard for Wendies policy of entering restricted area. Also, removal of any attached body part thru force is very very punishable (False eyelashs - fingernail externsions, false fingernails, hair extensions (as in this case), (I mean what did THAT have to do with anything) ??

Furthermore WHAT IF Brandy had happened to really have a $20.00 bill in her cash drawer?? What IF it really wasn't the cops ???? What if it had been there from another customer ???? UNLESS he does what I have done every time for 30 years and that's to eyeball the NUMBER on the twenty dollar bill, before handing it over, he cannot prove in any court of law that a $20.00 in the cash drawer was in fact HIS twenty!!

tru504187211
08-06-05, 07:24 PM
But he keeps his job, free to do it again?

Sounds strikingly similar to the situation in Milwaukee...

Ralph
08-06-05, 07:45 PM
If they shut the stupid music off you could hear everything better. :rant2:

I think if I were the manager, and to calm down the situation,I would just give the cop the extra change, because it wasn't worth all that hastle was it....

She didn't help the situation by getting loud and vocal, and I think that helped escalate the tension...whether the cop went too far or not...

Brett
08-06-05, 08:26 PM
the manager should have called the cops

SHERIFF
08-06-05, 08:48 PM
Welcome to America, 2005!

The cops are totally out of control. And nobody, including chiefs and supervisors, is doing one dayum thing about it, that's why they keep on getting by with this crap.

What most of you have to realize is this..... if the chief found wrongdoing and penalized the officer publicly...... the chief would have been included in the lawsuit for "failure to train properly" and the amount of damages awarded the girl would have been much greater. That's why chiefs stand behind their sorry troops, to protect themselves from liability.

powerglide
08-07-05, 12:58 AM
the job attracts certain characters.....offer $25K a year to do dirty work, give em a big car, hand em a gun and put them above the law....here comes the ex-highschool bully with a chip on his shoulder!

Its a filter.
Naturally selects these kinda meatheads...

mcf1000x2003
08-07-05, 01:06 AM
what the supervisor should had done is ask the copo wait 5-10 minutes while he audit the cash drawer and see if the cash was even or plus $

Boombotz
08-07-05, 01:10 AM
what the supervisor should had done is ask the copo wait 5-10 minutes while he audit the cash drawer and see if the cash was even or plus $

That would make to much sense.