: 2007 Camero / Firebird????

SilverCTS
08-05-05, 12:10 PM
Check this link out. I found this on another car forum. http://www.popularhotrodding.com/features/0309phr_5camaro/

DeVillish
08-05-05, 12:14 PM
i've seen stuff like that going around for years, so i really wont beleave anything till i see one in a showroom. Looks nice, and the kids only 19.

powerglide
08-05-05, 12:32 PM
That kids got some skills!
Good looking design.

SilverCTS
08-05-05, 01:02 PM
It is really sharp. GM should hire him.

mccombie_5
08-05-05, 01:12 PM
Talented kid..........

ShadowLvr400
08-05-05, 03:34 PM
That's an old one too, kid designed it actually so it'd fit on the same platform as a CTS if I recall right. He also planned with the 350 LS1, dunno how well the LS2 would fit, though I assume well.

Blackout
08-05-05, 04:04 PM
Ok for the millionth time......THERE IS NO CAMARO!!!!

SilverCTS
08-05-05, 04:10 PM

No new Camaro? Correct, I think the article states that. Not sure why I chosed that title though...That will probably generate some more colorful responses like yours.

illumina
08-05-05, 04:12 PM
No new Camaro? Correct, I think the article states that. Not sure why I chosed that title though...That will probably generate some more colorful responses like yours.

Blackout does that from time to time.

Anyways, the car does look nice. I would still prefer the CTS-V however.

D148L0
08-05-05, 04:16 PM
Heh, heh...

mccombie_5
08-05-05, 04:17 PM
I would still prefer the CTS-V however.

how much is a CTS-V?

illumina
08-05-05, 04:24 PM
how much is a CTS-V?

Umm...It's a little (way) out of my range I believe. I think a fully loaded CTS-V runs around 50K...Not for sure though.

mccombie_5
08-05-05, 04:26 PM
Umm...It's a little (way) out of my range I believe. I think a fully loaded CTS-V runs around 50K...Not for sure though.

Isnt that kickin the ass on a Deville? Must be good for that price, when you can get a much bigger car for the same price, is it N*?

Boombotz
08-05-05, 04:29 PM
That kids got some skills!
Good looking design.

:yeah:

illumina
08-05-05, 04:33 PM
Isnt that kickin the ass on a Deville? Must be good for that price, when you can get a much bigger car for the same price, is it N*?

No, the CTS-V is powered by the LS2 V8 (newer models). Also, the big bodied Deville, though very nice and stylish, cannot pull a 13.1 second time (stock) on the quartermile.

mccombie_5
08-05-05, 05:09 PM
No, the CTS-V is powered by the LS2 V8 (newer models). Also, the big bodied Deville, though very nice and stylish, cannot pull a 13.1 second time (stock) on the quartermile.

Yes especiallly mine, she just had to get the DHS.........i wanted a DTS! my money her choice :hmm: that a pretty impressive time, a V8 in such a small car must be a flyer....its approximately the same size as a Catera yes?

Stoneage_Caddy
08-05-05, 11:54 PM
in basic terms think catera with a corvette engine ....there pretty neat ...

btw mcombie ....ive run a northstar thru its paces ....the 4.9 feels beatter off the line but the star pulls where the 4.9 doesnt ....or in other words it doesnt run out of breath on up the powerband ...i liked it but its just not as entertaining off the stoplight as the old 4.9 ....but for passing power or open highway fun i dont think anythings beatter than the northstar...

and the 00+ devilles got some kickass mufflers

addison_ii
08-06-05, 12:17 AM
The Camaro Concept is nice. I agree that GM should hire the guy. That design with that engine not to mention the estimated price would probably bring some buyers back towards GM's way.

Ralph
08-06-05, 04:17 AM
how much is a CTS-V?

70K here, as much as a nicely equipted DTS.

GM needs to build that Camaro, meanwhile ford wreaks all the profits in that niche....

mccombie_5
08-06-05, 06:18 AM
in basic terms think catera with a corvette engine ....there pretty neat ...

btw mcombie ....ive run a northstar thru its paces ....the 4.9 feels beatter off the line but the star pulls where the 4.9 doesnt ....or in other words it doesnt run out of breath on up the powerband ...i liked it but its just not as entertaining off the stoplight as the old 4.9 ....but for passing power or open highway fun i dont think anythings beatter than the northstar...

and the 00+ devilles got some kickass mufflers

I agree both om my N* cars are not the fast off the line as other engines ive driven especially the DHS :banghead: why oh why couldnt we get the DTS?
I just feel like the DHS is like driving a cake. :helpless: Although the N* is fast :) 150 from the STS last weekend :) you know that straight bit of road i tested the Jag on? Well i took the STS for a run up there :D

The 4.9 is praised for being a good powerplant though....

Tractor Boy
08-06-05, 11:06 AM
Ralph, your right, cuz Ford is the best..............On topic, I thought I was talented makin custom lift kits, tube frame dragsters, and roll cages, and v8's puttin out 1350 hp on just racing fuel,

HotRodSaint
08-06-05, 11:15 AM

At least not until they figure out which 'cheap' RWD platform to use! :)

A Camaro will be here by 2010.

50% of the population is now over 50, and you can't ignore these adults with no kids and money to burn who want to relive the '60's.

It's strange that GM couldn't see this coming. Anyone paying attention to the auctions the last 15 years, knew that Muscle was slowly replacing the Exotics in desirability.